TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taffers Paradise

Taffers Paradise

Ok Taffers Paradise is having a major update and change which should be mostly complete by next weekend. The updates are:

NEW taffers now LIVE!!.

Layout
    Have updated the layout which is totally different from the old site.
    I think the new look will make it faster for players to find missions and files i hope.

Code
    The site is now W3C code perfect and following web standards.

Fan Missions
    Have updated all of the missions lists on the new site. All now have language support showing, also updated a lot of video walk through's for those i could find, big thanks to Greenhawk for helping with this. Will be doing more loot list updates to. Fixed a few missing links and updating more missions to the latest versions.

Files
    Cleaning up and updating the files with all the latest versions.

Missions & Files Nav
    I have broken the mission down in the navigation bar to make it faster as well as the files and loaders.

Thief art
    All the art and pictures are all on the same page now as this just makes it easier for me to up date as i have less pages to work on.

Help!
    Anyone able to link me the most up to date scripts etc for thief 1&2 so i can make sure the site is current with scripts.
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 28th Jan 2018 at 14:20.

Simply spiffing, Lord Soth! I've always enjoyed Taffer's Paradise, looking forward to the new and improved site. Sites like these are so important to the Thief community, kudos to those who operate/maintain them.

Well done Lord Soth!

The work and dedication shown for the site is truly spectacular! Looking forward to the updates.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Soth View Post

Help!
    Anyone able to link me the most up to date scripts etc for thief 1&2 so i can make sure the site is current with scripts.
    I think Voodoo keeps TFix up to date for T1/TG

For T2 I believe this is the most up to date T2 Script bundle

Thank you for all your work, Lord Soth, and for continuing to provide this awesome resource for us! Greatly appreciated!

+1

And I can’t wait to see the updated website.

Thank you Lord Soth - it is a very much appreciated website

Not long and will be ready to upload the new site. When i upload, most of the links will change so links i have put up on the forums may not work.

They can be changed as we come across them. If anyone notices one, just PM me with a link to the post and I'll fix it.

NEW taffers now LIVE!!.

All the updates i will be making are not put into place, but there is little more for me to do and enough has been updated to be able to go live. Hope everyone likes the new look.

amazing news now post the link to site so we can all see it :P

It’s the same OP link as before, what’s changed is that all the old individual mission links now no longer work.

http://www.taffersparadise.co.uk

The links on the main page have been fixed. The missions on the on all 4 pages should be OK. The links here on TTLG will not work for now until they are are updated.

Lord Soth the new look website is super cool, a great improvement. Thank you for this update.

For clarification, when I say the old links do not work, I was meaning the links included in MbyT thread and I assume all the individual links that have been posted in the mission threads. As far as I can tell all the links via the new main page work fine.

PS.
    FYI The Curse of the Skull Goblet is a T2 mission, not TG and the author was FireMage, mosseater was an alias for the purposes of the contest.

If I could offer a suggestion, the bright blue text is almost impossible to read against the brown background. To make a site accessible to all levels of visual capabilities, levels of contrast and differentiation should be considered.

Great site, thank you.

Can update the background colour to be more like the footer, i found that it looks a bit better and makes it easier to read.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Looking good, Lord Soth! I guess you didn't go with a responsive design, though? Would have made it a bit friendlier for mobile devices.

Did not think about mobile devices much cos of what the site is, a download portal for fan missions which can only be used on a PC platform, but that said i am thinking of doing a cut down version for mobile devices after i am happy that i have updated the site fully.

To that end i have updated the site. Thief 1 mission have had all the language support updated, also add text stating how to arrange the columns for the mission. Will be updating thief art over this weekend.
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 3rd Feb 2018 at 09:59.

Just had a peak at your site and it looks fantastic! Great work Lord Soth! Looking forward to using it and many thanks for this.

I can tell you the link for Mystic Gems don't work. It goes to a domain page.

Mystic Gems is now working. Just a miss type in the link on the site.

If anyone else spots dead mission links drop a message on here and ill fix soon as i can. There are a few dead links for walk through's but i know about them and they are getting fixed.

The 'language flag icon' for German is wrong. German flag is, from top to bottom, black-red-gold.

Will be fixing the flag later today.

This is my go-to site for FMs now because the webmaster keeps his stuff so up-to-date and seems to have EVERYTHING. A no-bullshit site. Quick question: I just unzip T2-Scripts_Bundle1.1.zip and drop the files themselves into my Thief 2 directory and not the T2-Scripts Bundle folder within, right?

Yes, that is what a german readme file included with "my" copy of this script bundle says.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast