TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thief Guild - FM directory portal updates

Marzec - good job with the portal so far. I like the idea or user registration and the abilities to co-operate on the content. If more people participate with their comments and ratings, and all the missing data will be filled in, I think this portal has a potential to become the number 1 stop for choosing the next FM to play.

Thank you, PinkDot. Well said - choosing the next FM to play is in fact one of the main goals of the site. To achieve that, there still is "a long way up" but most of the steps are clear. Part of them are already described by you. The rest is programming which is my job. Still there is a huge list of things to do. Some are easier than other - just like a new checkbox I've published to the fan mission browser right now. Now you can filter out the missions already rated by you. For obvious reasons, this feature is available for logged in users only.

How it is possible to submit screenshots? Already tried the suggestion mode...

The suggestion mode is available to every user on a wiki basis. Regarding screenshots, the thing is a bit more complex. I plan to make both author submitted and user submitted galleries. That's why they wont be available soon but a bit later.

However after thinking about it a bit, I guess I shall consider uploading of the current "cover screenshot" by the author themself, yes.
    Last edited by Marzec; 28th Nov 2018 at 06:35. Reason: Changed "user themself" to "author themself"

Hi folks!

My website was updated with video and screenshot gallery features last weekend. Also, we have some TDM videos from a very kind and splendid YouTuber, Boy Lag and fabulous, praiseworthy Thief Gold russian streamer RoToR More are yet to come ... and that includes you Make yourself comfortable and share your videos + screenshots for the good of the Builder and other taffers.

Videos and screenshots are organised, so that you see them, when you visit related mission page.

Have a good one

Today new features are activated: fan mission database sorting and rating sorting
    Last edited by Marzec; 18th Aug 2019 at 15:46.

I like the new features :3

I also hope that now more attention to this website

I liked the site, very useful, but i noticed that thief 3 missions doesn't have a download link.

Enviado desde mi F8331 mediante Tapatalk

Thank you guys for your words.

@caqo, you are right. There is, in fact, only one T3 mission that has a download link...

Download links are populated by Thief Guild robots, using latest steam technology invented by Father Karras. Unfortunately something got broken long time ago, a new exception with download link processing occured. I didn't had time to work on it until now. Maybe I will have time for it this month or next month. There is also a BoycoT database which was kindly provided to me by the webiste owner (Thank you, Terry!). I should probably start with this one in the first place, as this data is stable and can be processed much faster.

I finally took a look at this site. Beautiful work. Love the filter which is very useful to look up missions by a favorite author.

Thanks for your hard work, much appreciated.

bbb

Hi folks. I've just added a new section for WIP projects on Thief Guild:

https://www.thiefguild.com/#wip

We are beta testing this feature.

If you'd like to share a few screenshots of your WIP FM on the portal, feel free to submit your WIP project yourself!

You can do that by clicking the button below WIP projects or by going to your management area after clicking your avatar and then "Fan Missions" (you need a creator account).

Cheers!

Hi guys. If you always wanted to be a collector (like our infamous Constantine), now you can with today's Collector's Update!

Read more here: https://www.thiefguild.com/news/1/28...lectors-update

I just created my first collection: Intentionally bad, yet engaging missions.

Cool. So, basically "Total Crap Contest, yet engaging missions" I like when a mission is built with a humor in mind, and still provides a decent gameplay.

This feature is useful for questions like in the current Thief Fan Missions to play in the Summer thread. It reminds me of the user-curated lists on websites like IMDb.

Thank you, Marzec, for this important update. Here is my contribution:

The Dark Project Atmospheric Classics

This is a list of "must play" early FMs released between 1999 and 2002. These missions exemplify typical dark, grim, and medieval style of The Dark Project. Not all of these old fan creations are perfect in terms of design or gameplay, but I have found them to be atmospheric and definitely worth trying out.

Awesome. I agree with most of the entries (The rest of them I didn't played yet ) I'm happy to see such type of a list as the list with ID = 1

I would have a suggestion for improvement. Would it be possible that the search box appears not only on the start page, but also on all other pages? It's a bit annoying that I have to switch to the start page every time to search. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post
    I would have a suggestion for improvement. Would it be possible that the search box appears not only on the start page, but also on all other pages? It's a bit annoying that I have to switch to the start page every time to search. :-)
    I second that. The search bar on all pages would be an improvement.

Yes... as a matter of fact I've done this already but on another branch of the code. In other words, there is some bigger website remodel/reorganization that already has this and this feature will be introduced alongside with it, when I finish it.

I could think of introducing it now already, but you must know that scaling on the search bar and menu entries on different devices is quite an effort. Since I changed the actual menu entries in an upcoming update, I would need to design a responsive (device size-aware) search bar in accordance to current entries, and I think this would be unnecessary work, since I want to introduce said update as soon as possible anyway.

(Ugh, I hope this makes at least sense to you what I am writing )

It does make sense. Take the time you need for the updates. The site is already great the way it is. Further features are a bonus.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12