TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sales Of Summer

I don't feel too bad about it either -- $1952 since joining 13.5 years ago, which is around $2.80 per week. I feel worse about getting older.

If you look at how much you'd have spent had they not been heavily discounted then the total would have been far higher I'd bet.

Hence why these seasonal discount periods are so good.

Yeh I rarely buy games at full price, I can only think of a few occasions.

When I still bought games physically for consoles I did, but not since. Unless it's a game I'm SUPER EAGER for.

I still buy games at full price occasionally, but very rarely AAA titles. Though, lately there's such a backlog that they are heavily discounted anyway by the time I get around to it.

Grabbed Metro - Last Light Redux and Planescape Torment Enhanced Edition. Cheap and affordable.

Annoyed I had to get Last Light again since you only get ranger mode if you have redux. So buying the same game twice just to get a game mode was very annoying.

Thing What Kicks
    I didn't intend to buy anything, yet somehow ended up with Overload, A Hat in Time, Chuchel and Earth Defense Force 4.1 added to my Steam library.

Was Overload on sale?

Chuchel is one of the most charming games I've ever played. Overload is also on my list. I'm on the fence re: A Hat in Time; I know that some people love it, though I'm not feeling it from the footage I've seen. Once you've got around to playing it, Malf, let us know what it's like!

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    I wouldn't dare to do the same for GOG, though.
    Yeah. The number of games in my GOG account is larger than the number of dollars Steam says I've spent with them.

Level 10,000 achieved
    $3600! Now I know why Steam auto-plays "Big Spender" every time I log in.

Haven't picked anything up in this sale yet, but I got a handful of things I'm eyeing: Far: Lone Sails, Minit, The Fall Pt. 2, and INFRA.

Definitely get INFRA, I reckon you will love it.

$1,114.69, since Steam first launched with HL2. kind of what I expected. I'm picky about what and when I buy new games, and haven't had as much time to game these past few years.

El Shagmeister
    *Sees the total cost of his Steam purchases over the years*

Fek...

Administrator
    Just over $1k for me personally but I've put quite a bit through my kids' accounts so it's going to be over $1.5k.

If I compare this to the amounts I've lost from other things it's not very much. It's no worse than calculating what you must have spent on coffee over 10 years.

Unlike coffee, you don't need video games to live, though.

Speak for yourself. Games is church yo.

I loves both by games and my coffee. So much. Mm-hmm. Oh yeah.

... erm.

Yeh gamers for lyfe yo, also I cant drink coffee, it literally makes me sick so I drink tea instead. Rock and Roll.

also it lets me slap my kids with a teabag and say "YOU GETTING TEABAGGED", oh how they love that

its all fun and games in my household let me tell you

Oh I'm sure it must be a neverending tea party over there.

And so I just bought Invisible War for $0.97 so I could give the visible upgrade a look. At that price, I couldn't be bothered to dig through boxes in the basement to find my old copy. I also bought X-Plane 11, for not much of a discount.

I'm not sure what I've spent on Steam because I've had to switch accounts a few times when moving thanks to stupid region restrictions. But I think I'm under $100/year on average and I didn't buy a game online until 2010, so I'm probably on the low side of you all.

Quote Originally Posted by PigLick View Post
    Thats very restrained Aja, mine came to just under $2000 after 9 years, which works out to about $18 a month.
    $18 a month seems pretty reasonable for a hobby. Mineís just low because I go through phases where I donít turn on my PC for six months, and since I got the Switch I havenít used the PC at all. Iíll probably get back to it once I get a proper space sorted out. Right now the PC is sitting in my studio with no desk or monitor.

I seem to be at about $20 a month.
    Still cheaper than going out drinking once a week, which is a popular pass-time around here, and tends to leave fewer memories.
    Last edited by Nameless Voice; 24th Jun 2018 at 16:26.

Who would want to remember all the stuff they did while drunk, though?

Profit from the side business this week, gave me sufficient funds to get a few cheap games that were on my wishlist:

* Bunker Punks (34% off)
    * Observer (40% off)
    * Ori and the Blind Forest (50% off)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast