TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sales Of Summer

Level 10,000 achieved

Sales Of Summer

The Steam Summer Sale should start in ~6 hours, but in case you can't wait until then to throw your money away there's also a few other sales going on.

itch.io summer sale - has a lot of cool stuff you've never seen before, like isometric skating game Skateride and colorful puzzler Dissembler. But also some stuff you're familiar with, like Neon Struct for a mere 1.79! Also I'm glad to announce, Stilt Fella for an ALL TIME LOW of 0. (wow what a deal)

Oculus Summer Sale - has been going on for a few days now. I already picked up Rush, Eleven Table Tennis and Wilson's Heart.

And... um, actually I think that might be it. Seems GOG and PS4 just ended their summer sales.

Curious to hear what Eleven Table Tennis is like.

And other places have already had their summer sales? O_o Not that I mind all that much, since I have a backlog on every platform I own, but summer hasn't even officially started in these parts...

GOG has a big sale I think still going on. Edit: Or maybe not. Sorry typed too fast to see you already mentioned it.
    Last edited by demagogue; 21st Jun 2018 at 10:42.

nah ended on the 18th

Administrator
    I forgot to mention I got The Signal from Tolva in that sale on GOG

I fear looking into this because I still have games I haven't played from the sale two years ago.

There's also a silly little game to go with the sale. If you click on the little flag on top of your alien you can pick a group to represent, such as ttlg-kru, and try to claim a tile on a planet. Should we try to conquer a tile of our very own? probably not

Dear God. There's a meme planet. What has the world come to?

Chakat sex pillow
    Yes, the Steam sale's live. As usual, Steam's servers are flooded and the entire thing's slow, with the search box's autosuggest currently broken. It's just about holding together otherwise, which is an improvement. But... those prices. They're really not that great. From the current bunch, at least AC:O's on a 50% discount so that looks nice.

If you were to recommend a relatively recent title on sale, what would you folks go with for the crowd? I'd choose Vanquish*, which sports a decent 66% discount; it's a sci-fi third person shooter by the man who made Resi 1 and 4 and its primary mechanic is using your power armour's rocket booster to slide around levels like a jet-propelled billiard ball and headshot waves of enemies in slow-mo while the screen constantly explodes. It's short, brutish, and brilliant.

*Technically an oldish game from the PS3 era, but the PC port is fairly recent.

Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    by the man who made Resi 1 and 4
    That's not how you spell "by the team that also gave us MadWorld, Bayonetta, Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance and NieR: Automata".

Chakat sex pillow
    Oh yeah. That too! Also Godhand and Okami, because the big league Clover dudes ended up there anyway.

Wow this sale is very underwhelming.

My thoughts too. I believe the frequent discounts that pop up on Steam on at least a weekly basis are starting to make these large sales events relatively redundant.

I miss the daily sales and community picks sales

Quote Originally Posted by Gears94 View Post
    I miss the daily sales and community picks sales
    Yeah, I see why they decided to and it is more consumer friendly, but at the same time it takes away some of the fun of the sales.

Some nice discounts went out today.

So I noticed the season pass for Mankind Divided is on sale for 2,62 (for those who have everything else). It's mostly crap, but it includes two "narrative DLCs", whatever that means. Are these worth getting for that price? They are just extra missions, right?

I suggest checking this before partaking in any further sale:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/thi...spent-on-steam

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm to you when you fall out of your chair.

The last several years of Steam sales have been garbage, and I just purged 400-ish games from my account that are either beyond terrible or bundle shit I have no interest in. Pass.

Starker those 2 missions are pretty big for $2.50, and they're as good as the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    I suggest checking this before partaking in any further sale:

https://www.usgamer.net/articles/thi...spent-on-steam

Disclaimer: I am not responsible for any harm to you when you fall out of your chair.
    Hmm... not that bad, actually. I wouldn't dare to do the same for GOG, though.

Chakat sex pillow
    GOG's a far more rational bet than Steam at least - you can always take DRM-free backups of your library to future-proof it against the possibility of GOG going under and your purchases being locked out.

Anyway, this is a good feature to have. Now all I need is a dump to Excel option so I can chart out my spend habits and do a laboured analysis. (I breathed a sigh of relief at that number, I thought it was gonna be waaaay higher given my 10+ years history with Steam.)

I'm almost disappointed mine isn't higher.

I just bought 10 games for <$30 though, so I see how it happens. I'm a sucker for indie penny games.
    Last edited by demagogue; 22nd Jun 2018 at 09:41.

I'd have bought about 6-10 games due to the nice discounts, but money is not exactly great currently. This always happens when I'm near broke. Grrr.

Quote Originally Posted by demagogue View Post
    I just bought 10 games for <$30 though, so I see how it happens. I'm a sucker for indie penny games.
    It feels like I always go into these sales thinking, this is the sale where I finally get that critically acclaimed AAA game from three years ago that everybody else has already played. But then after digging through my wishlist and comparing prices, I end up buying half a dozen indie games for the same price as the discounted AAA game I meant to buy.

I was predicting and really hoping that I had spent under $1,000 total. Turns out: $872.70, so not bad. I started using Steam when Half Life 2 came out.

Thats very restrained Aja, mine came to just under $2000 after 9 years, which works out to about $18 a month.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast