3 12.50%
  • Nobility

3 12.50%
  • Downwinders

4 16.67%
  • Mages

8 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What is your favourite faction/social group?

What is your favourite faction/social group?

Hammerites, Mechanists, Pagans, Keepers, City Watch, Nobility, Downwinders and Mages...which ones you like the most?

Personally, I really like the Keepers. Their architecture, glyphs, ideology (maintaining the balance), and their hidden, mysterious character appeal to my taste and a sense of aesthetics.
    Last edited by Aemanyl; 21st Jun 2018 at 19:25.

Split between Keepers and Mages, but lean toward the Keepers as well. They're the most mysterious, out in the shadows, living how they want and unaffected by what goes around them...they're living the dream.
    And also agree with their lovely architecture.

FM wise, I love the para-Keeper organization in Rocksbourg 2 and 3, absolutely phenomenal, everything about them and their compound

you already know who i picked "hint screen name"

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    Man, the smell down there! Who puts a hideout in the sewers???

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    I thought you are more into Pagans... :P.

dewdrop is only pagan i liked

and i don't chill in sewers that was thief gold=i was a thief 1 type of guy

i wish fan mission factions were on list,if so i would pick "glass cutters guild"
    Last edited by downwinder; 21st Jun 2018 at 23:24.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    So you prefer Thief 1, but you pick your handle here based on a faction that mostly only appears in, or at least is featured in, a Thief Gold mission. Sounds good!

I think the Stormcloaks are probably my favorites. Down with the Imperials!

Oh, sorry... been playing a lot of Skyrim lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    I think the Stormcloaks are probably my favorites.
    The Stormcloaks are a bunch of racists who seem completely unaware or uncaring that their leader is egotistical enough to name his entire rebel faction after himself.

Um... the Graven?

Okay, kidding. The Hammerites, of course.

I feel the fact that the poll isn't limited to voting for one faction defeats the point somewhat.

That's a more elaborate way of saying that I picked every option just to see if I could and have now completely destroyed the average. Sorry about that.

The Bottle Street Gang!
    Ermm, been playing a lot of Dishonored lately, and I mean a lot..in trouble with the missus kind of 'a lot'.
    In Thief... the Mages. I love the 'Hey you kids, get off my lawn' attitude they bring to the Thiefy universe.

Hammerites for me, but I like the mechs and keepers too.

I was going to vote Hammers before I saw mages as an option. Can't decide between them.

City Watch are my least favourite. Yet they were the only ones to make it to Thief 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    I was going to vote Hammers before I saw mages as an option. Can't decide between them.

City Watch are my least favourite. Yet they were the only ones to make it to Thief 2014
    Yah, but it was expected. In TDP the bad guy was the Trickster, and his followers were the pagans. In TMA it was Karras/Mechanists - that's it, Hammerites that have gone crazy. In TDS we had the Keepers, who lost their powers at the end.

It was only natural the latest Thief to focus on the Baron and the City Watch. Too bad the Baron has outlawed Hammerites and Pagans. Not too late to see them in subsequent series,I think.

Hammerites all the way. For The Builder!!

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    I picked every option just to see if I could and have now completely destroyed the average. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Azaran; 22nd Jun 2018 at 22:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post

Yes, always going to be a police force in T2014, so may as well be the City Watch.

Not sure I quite understand the legal systems in Thief. in I the Hammers seem to be a recognised authority with the powers to arrest and jail people. So are they like the Feds of T1? Whereas City Watch/Baron's cops are more like State troopers?

But does that continue in T2? I don't remember hearing of mechanist jails and trials as such, so maybe they never gained that authority.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigam View Post
    But does that continue in T2? I don't remember hearing of mechanist jails and trials as such, so maybe they never gained that authority.
    The City Watch (under Truart) and the Mechanists were involved in Thief 2. The Watch supplied the Mechanists with servants from the lower classes of the City, and turned a blind eye to its other misdeeds

I don't think there's a recognised authority as such, more that whoever has the power is also keeping some semblance of order as a means of social control. One one side, the hammers are the dominant religion, so they probably claim jurisdiction over their own members as well as any citizen when the issue is a moral one, such as dealing with sinners and heretics. On the other side, the Baron probably tasked Sheriff Truart with keeping the order (and perhaps stuff like collecting taxes) and gave him command of the city guard to do so. Of course, Truart is using this as his own private gang of thugs to stuff his pockets. Lastly, the wardens probably all have their protection rackets and crack down on any "freelancers".