TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Old TTLG'ers

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Little wonder when you inject heroin directly into your eyeball. How is Thom?
    See for yourself
    Http://REZQ.space

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    h-son wasn’t it? How is your insomnia these days?
    A) Correct.
    B) Worse. Much, much worse. Another reason for being less active on TTLG.

Quote Originally Posted by faetal View Post
    I couldn't answer that I'm afraid.
    Mmm...very intriguing

Purah went back to Arkane Austin unless i’m mistaken. Writing d&d modules these days, amongst other things (even some novels). Not that i’m stalking him, but occasionally look at his blog.

Gray, sorry to hear about the insomnia.

Also, Nameless Voice: aren’t Prey and Dishonored 2 great games that didn’t sell very well?

Any attempt by TTLGers to make a game would fall apart in the early stages after no one could agree on the degree to which it was an immersive sim.

Yup, we 'd be too busy arguing about the definition of the term "immersive sim" to even start making one. Whatever one is.

Also, Dishonoured 2 sold over a million copies on Steam alone, that's not "not selling well", just "not selling as well as the AAA studios had hoped". Prey was a little less at ~700k copies.

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless Voice View Post
    I keep thinking that there are so many talented people around TTLG that they could band together and make their own great games.
    But, in all honestly, we'd probably just all argue over what to make and not get anything done.
    *cough

*cough

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    And ere I forget, this (not all TTLGer's but still quite a few)

Quote Originally Posted by Abysmal View Post
    If only TTLG'ers would remember Thievery UT
    Yeah, Thievery, what happened to that? It was big for like 2 years, then poof, gone

Also, Dishonoured 2 sold over a million copies on Steam alone, that's not "not selling well", just "not selling as well as the AAA studios had hoped". Prey was a little less at ~700k copies.
    Fair enough, wasn’t sure of stats. Still though, neither sold well enough for a continuation - is the main point.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion Bob View Post
    See for yourself
    Http://REZQ.space
    Poor Thom. I had higher hopes for him than corporate drone in automated dystopia though you do portray it well. It has shades of Brazil and Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep in space. I tend to favor the more Asmovian man overcoming the machinery meant to entrap him but in today's world this fits all too well. The walls of the maze are all in place and all angles are covered. I still want him to break out. I want him to find a chink in the armor and worry at it till it gives way. I want him to recode the system to work for him. At the very least some meager respite in the arms of girl bunny. I see a planet outside the usual route where, tracking systems disabled, Thom and bunny girl find a new way to live, an old way. I see a shack on a beach made from the escape pod of the corporate trap ship blown to particles by the bombs he uses on derelict vessels. The company may come for them one day or they may be lost in the forgotten paperwork of a merger but either way they have today and the fish are biting.

Yeah, but how many of those were on sale? The number doesn't matter as much when the majority buys it at half price or less.
    Either way, they didn't sell well for their budget, and you're not making an immersive sim on an indie budget, not in this day and age.

...wait, why am I getting drawn into this discussion. This place.

Oh my, these nicks bring back memories... Internet sure was a diffferent place then. Old Man Peabody had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees..

verbose douchebag
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Mmm...very intriguing
    Sorry, I mean I literally don't know.

I joined this place ten years ago and I still feel new.

Moderator and Priest
    I always thought you 08'ers were kinda squirrelly, myself.

I joined this place seventeen years ago, and now I feel old just thinking about it.

Thanks a lot.

Still Subjective
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncia View Post
    ...wait, why am I getting drawn into this discussion. This place.
    It's a discussion dude!

Good to see so many old nicks again.

Shame Dishonored 2 didn't do so well. Mind you, I haven't played it. No time these days. Meh, who am I kidding? I can make time.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    I always thought you 08'ers were kinda squirrelly, myself.
    The grapes were a bit off that year.

Damn squirrels stealing my grapes. GET OUT OF MY YARD! And take your racoon friends with you.

Actually I sometimes feel like a new comer in these old member discussions.

I wonder how Purah, Digi and DrK actually are today.

Still, would be pretty nice to see a dead faetal, huh? That poor verbose douchebag.

Between Thief, TTLG and getting fan missions and darkloader running....well that's pretty much how I learned to use a computer to do more than write papers in college using Word.

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Thor View Post
    I wonder how Purah, Digi and DrK actually are today.
    DrK is doing fine. I chat with him almost daily on Discord (not the ttlg-kru server NV mentioned earlier, but one of the numerous other Thief-related ones), along with a half dozen of the other French FM author folks. He's also still active here and working on a mission for the Thief 1 20th Anniversary contest.

Although I have never been very active here in CommChat (due to personal health reasons), it's great to see lots of old nicks showing up here.
    Last edited by Yandros; 13th Aug 2018 at 16:41.

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Hey thor. Not sure why you put me with Digi and Purah, I'm not working at Arkane.
    I'm not really active on the forums but you can find me on discord most of the time. I'm still very active regarding fms, got a lot of projects to work on despite the fact I don't have as much freetime as I used to have.

Same as Yandros, I never post in commchat, but it's nice to see some veterans here. Personally I miss Digi, Sliptip and Gaetane the most, I wish they would come back sometimes.

Previously Important
    What is happening?!

Dear peeps I has return, there are many Hagues between my head and my arsehole so bear upon me if you dare! We have found the meat on the hillside and on the swamp, we have dug the ocean dry for redflesh and white, we have shot things that not expect it! And then eat them!
    Here we are. Many years, non? I didn't change at all, but maybe you know. Some are still contact like Raf and Dec and Aerothorn and other dicks. Starrfall and I are in charge of the universe, just like you said. Plus also our dog.
    I am shamed to tell that the past years have been shit, full of Bad Internet and Clickbaits. I am disappoint and forgot where the old internet was! But NOW I AM HERE again. For better or for worse.
    I don't think most are remembered. Maybe you know. Maybe you don't. Here I am, regardless and fuck you with a soft hat (but a BIG one)!
    <3
    I missed you so much.
    I want to stay.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast