TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Old TTLG'ers

Black shit, white shit, it smells the same. Damn it's good to see some of you back. Tell me what you have been up to. Here. On my thread. In a PM. I don't care. Just want to hear it. Love all the pics of the good old days. Dang folks were young.

I was thinking about posting some pictures, I sniped a bunch from long ago threads.

Please do. I love walking memory lane.

Administrator
    Bristol 2004

Yes, I missed the bowling. It's a little sad seeing my ex wife in there. But the person I'd forgotten was dvrabel. Noid is quite a personality so he stuck in my mind. I'm annoyed I didn't manage to get to the pub where he was going later in the day to listen to some blues music, if I recall correctly.

I don't remember the details but I think that Scrabble game had quite a few unapproved words like taffer etc

If anyome is still in the Bristol area I might be around for a visit next year as some family members are very likely to move there shortly. I'm just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    My pics with original labels:

London 2003 - Turns out I had the Eye one from a different angle!
    Bristol 2004
    London 2006
    Oh wow, I'm not sure I have any of my photos any more. I'll have to bust out the old hard drives at some point and poke through them all.

Those meetups were always good fun

Keeper of FMs
    Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    Good to hear from a lot of you. Has anyone heard from Scotts? Have GBM and Starry had children yet? Is theBlackman still jamming? There needs to be a homecoming day here for folks to check in and checkout how things are going. I would like to know that some are simply still alive. That all those unknowns mentioned are good.
    RE: theBlackman - Dusty Leer
    From his FB page

Dustin update: His daughter has informed me that Dusty is doing as well as can be expected. His balance is still a problem and falling in a big concern, the decision has been made for him to remain in the care facility so as to receive the watchful eye he needs to protect him. And for someone strong enough to pick him up. His appetite is still doing great and he still likes the food. As he would say "life ain't all bad"...

https://youtu.be/pSLiU0mz2x4

Quote Originally Posted by d0om View Post
    Paz and Zantie are now happily married and living in the US. Since I was the first person in the world who has met both of them, that makes me happy
    Bloody hell, I had no idea they were even together - just two names I remember from way back. Sometimes I used to chat with Zantie on ICQ but I wasn't much active on TTLG from 2007 til now so I totally missed this. Brilliant!

Okay, going to be posting a bunch of pictures. I'll start with this one, and I may just start another thread for it. If you want me to, let me know. Noidiepooooo and OnionBob

Alchemist
    Noid
    Ig
    Outie
    Schatten

Omg........soooo sexy

Administrator
    I haven't seen the noid/bob one, but the photoshops ring a bell. How much old stuff did you save, BA?

I really don't know. I've got more, its not too much, but, I do have more. Just have to do some digging a bit. It is truly amazing how time has flown by. I have often thought about TTLG and Eidos from time to time. Fond memories, great people, times I will always treasure. Here, I can say what I want, for the most part, and its just one big dysfunctional family. Much love.

I have the entire Star Wars Photoshop battle between GBM and Sailoreagle saved somewhere. That was epic, couldn't let it get lost in the mists of time

BA, bit of the same for me. I discovered TTLG very soon after starting to use Internet itself, and I always come back to it as if to a home port. It's truly become an anchor. I can't believe it's going to be 20 years soon, that's like half my life is so closely tied to this place.

<3

Wasn't the photoshop one in the "women of TTLG" thread?

More please.

More please.
    Bastards stole the show, I mean look at them. Sluts.

Administrator

More please.
    You've kicked my memory. I think SE photoshopped faces of TTLG females on to a group photo of bodybuilders to start it off. Someone must have that...

sup bitchez

Get ready for a long-ass post ("TL;DR")

Interesting thread. I got an email for a thread I was subscribed to and saw the header for this one on the main page, so was curious and clicked.

Feel like commenting myself, here goes:

Replying to gunsmoke: I am so very sorry to hear this man.

You and I have been friends for a while, first on here, then Steam (if memory serves.) I have missed hanging out with you on Steam.. haven't seen you on there in forever but didn't really know your personal situation. If you ever feel like playing some L4D again someday, hit me up. (Or something else, like Killing Floor 2, if you like.)

---
    I've mostly gone from being a regular on this forum to hardly checking it, myself. I have some threads I've been subscribed to but I've mainly moved on from Thief and have played all manner of things. Thief will always hold a place in my heart. I am still interested in it though, just haven't done anything with it in a while.

I joined this forum when I was 15 (boy that was ages ago) and was introduced to it by I think twisty? I may be remembering his forum name wrong. In any case, at the time I was really into Thief and had discovered some fan sites and wrote to the guy that was the owner of a site. He mentioned TTLG and got me to join and the rest is history.

There's always been a level of toxicity on this site but I've also been able to make friends and get connected with people who were/are passionate for Thief and making fan missions, etc. for the game(s). I also think there's something special about being able to be connected to people from all over the world and different backgrounds, etc. and able to make friends with total strangers online.

These days I just work full time like other adults and game here and there. Like someone else posted in this thread, I too was interested in getting into the game industry but my first gig in the industry didn't work out and I ended up getting a job unrelated (my current one) and my enthusiasm in the industry has waned, as well as my confidence in my ability to be in any way skilled in it. (At least from a level design standpoint.)

I have heard a lot about crunch. However, I have not experienced it first hand but it's one of the things that turns me off about the industry. I don't know what the future holds for me but I don't think I want to get back into the game industry. I don't regret my time in college pursuing the field, though.
    Last edited by sNeaksieGarrett; 9th Oct 2018 at 01:30.
    My Thief FM Website
    "Those pies had enough grease to drop a Burrick!"

In before Scots_Taffer

LOL Shug.

El Shagmeister
    Wee wee...

Administrator
    Yes I'm seriously disappointed in him. He appears to be too busy...

sup kids

O/ all

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Okay, going to be posting a bunch of pictures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5StarPost.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	2517

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast