TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Old TTLG'ers

Oh man, I wish somebody had told me about this thread!

There are a lot of reasons I'm not here much, but the main one is that ghost towns make me sad and it's always a little hard emotionally for me to come here. But it's nice to see people here and I do miss so many of you.

Also, dethtoll: I never blocked you! Just unfriended you, because as you note in your post, you had a lot of personal issues going on, and ultimately it made a lot more sense for you to work through them yourself than for me to constantly try and run interference. I'm genuinely happy to hear you've made progress on being happier & healthier and you are welcome to send me a friend request on Facebook anytime (That goes for any of you - PM me, not that I'm hard to find from the Nuthaus).

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Just say black to even things out. Always gotta balance that cultural scale.
    What about just saying 'High Yellow'? That way all sides can feel good about being slightly racist.

(How's that for a too-late-to-be-relevant-out-of-left-field-but-still-funny-to-me reply?)

(fett? Pav? Holy shit!!! Still love you both.)

Moderator and Priest
    If you really want to go for broke, just refer to everyone as you know, those high plains mongolodial folk types.

Make sure you look over both your shoulders after the "you know" for added effect.

I like it. But, as with a good Hemingway story, there should be a bit of economy in word usage, and shall settle upon: "You know *shoulder* *shoulder* those people."

Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post

There are a lot of reasons I'm not here much, but the main one is that ghost towns make me sad and it's always a little hard emotionally for me to come here. But it's nice to see people here and I do miss so many of you.
    The irony is that it wouldn't be a ghost town if all the folks who are popping in to say hi in this thread actually posted every now and then. It doesn't even have to be often. A few paragraphs once a week. How hard is that?

As hard as my wang.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    The irony is that it wouldn't be a ghost town if all the folks who are popping in to say hi in this thread actually posted every now and then. It doesn't even have to be often. A few paragraphs once a week. How hard is that?
    I guess my answer is that I did that for a number of years, and realized that me posting here regularly was not going to make everyone else do so. At the end of the day it has to be enjoyable on its own terms!

I'm still having fun.

El Shagmeister
    Fun in the bum.

<3

Level 10,000 achieved
    On the topic of forums dying out, I just heard a funny anecdote on the Daft Souls podcast, one of the hosts trying to explain the concept of forums to her son.

-It's like social media, but it's just you and like 30 other people.
    -Wuh.... why?

I'd have gone with: "It's like Reddit, except with only one sub-reddit, or set of related ones, and the replies all sorted by time instead of nested."

Since people know Reddit, and Reddit is basically just a huge forum of forums.

"It's like you got watering holes in the savanna right, and you got the elephants, and the gnus and the lions and whatnot, you know, that all come from different places and gather there to drink, right? Well imagine, the forum website is like a digital watering hole, and you're the gnu."

OK Le French, you be a gnu Iím a honey badger. Stop standing on my tail!
    P¨{

El Shagmeister
    Announcement:

I will be devouring any TTLG posters who've been absent for more than three years 'cuz I'm hungry and any excuse to feed is solid. That is all. Carry on, citizens.

<3

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by d0om View Post
    Paz and Zantie are now happily married and living in the US.
    I have been away for a long time. But, it makes me happy to see I'm not the only old TTLG weirdo who now lives in some strange, foreign land, for love.

Cuddly little misanthropic hate machine
    @Aero, no, you definitely blocked me. Your name shows up black whenever I see random comments from you in old posts that FB Memories dredges up.

I used to spend all my time here. Didn't like my user name Taffer_Boy_Elvis, so I had David shorten it for me to TBE.

I made some friends through here, and I remember many kind and not so kind souls from my days here.
    I stopped coming after some people pissed me off in General Chat. Got tired of the continual trolls who couldn't ever offer kind words or just keep their mouth shut if they didn't have anything nice to say or to contribute to the conversation.

MrDuck, thanks for all the shagging.
    Raph, wait, what's your handle on here anyways? Raph, you're one of the kindest and sincere people I've ever met. We need to go to David's Kitchen again and tear up some great chinese food.
    GBM, don't know you personally, but your cooking posts have inspired me.
    Sypha Nadon, please don't make any more music with sound clips from Thief.
    Diana, I'm glad I could help out back in the day with the extra modem I had that I sent you.
    The one lady I won't name, because I don't think either of us wants the drama, I'm sorry I wasn't courageous enough to get out of my situation. It was so hard to stop contact with you. I wanted to give up everything I had in my life to be near you, but was scared. You were a flame that I was drawn to but was scared. Don't ever think I don't remember that passion we shared for the short time.

I currently live in Japan, and work for the US military. It's a pretty good gig. Just had a baby daughter as well. She's got me wrapped around her little fingers already. She's just so darn cute.

SShock2.com

Quote Originally Posted by TBE View Post
    I currently live in Japan
    Then you're perfect to post in this thread. I think you'll find people with similar experiences. Also, welcome back, you have been missed.

Quote Originally Posted by TBE View Post
    I currently live in Japan, and work for the US military. It's a pretty good gig. Just had a baby daughter as well. She's got me wrapped around her little fingers already. She's just so darn cute.
    Daughters do that. Good to see you and know you are well.

Thanks Tocky!
    Thanks Gray!

Still raph here, TBE, haven’t been averroes for a long time. I did resurrect the “mr thanos” nick for one post a couple weeks ago though I have very fond memories of meeting you and fellow ttlgers on my TTLG Trail roadtrip, hard to believe it was over ten years ago already... I need to think about another adventure! (Well I have something in mind but it’s not ready yet)

Congrats on your kiddo!

El Shagmeister
    I come singing songs of love.

Hurdy gurdy hurdy gurdy hurdy gurdy.

*provides backing sax solo*

El Shagmeister
    Quote Originally Posted by raph View Post
    *provides backing sax solo*

Another year and then you'd be happy
    Just one more year and then you'd be happy
    But you're crying, you're crying now...

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast