TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Old TTLG'ers

Still Subjective

Old TTLG'ers

I was wondering what happened to a few people that we haven't seen around here for ages.

fett hasn't posted for ages. SD is never about. dethtoll seems perma out. MsLedd. GBM. RBJ. Agent Monkeysee. Lytha. Starrfall. Muzman. Sypha Nadon. Uncia. Matthew. BrokenArts. Digi. Shug. Fafhrd. Vigil.

Anyone know where they are?

I know you didn't mention me, but I was very active here for several years under 3 different handles. I wager it has been 4 years since I was regular. I went down the fucking tubes after my girlfriend was fucking killed. I moved 3000 miles away, nuked my Facebook page from orbit (it's the only way to be sure), and vanished. I went from living on the top of a mountain in Appalachia to downtown LA. I went from being a complete internet/gaming addiction to not even owning a mobile device, let alone a gaming rig or console. I miss you all. I miss my L4D, and Deus Ex, and Gothic 2. My Steam buddies. Being called 'gunny'. My family.
    I am busting my ass to scratch and claw my way back, and I'll get there.
    If anyone wants my contact info, pm me. I'll be poking around the forums more again.

Moderator and Priest
    I see RBJ and MsLedd post on Facebook fairly often.

And we all know all Digi got a job, and couldn't hang out with us anymore.

Jesus, gunny. I wondered what became of you. It's crushing to read of your girlfriend and the aftermath, and I hope you get to a better place soon (preferably not in downtown LA). For what it's worth, I always thought of you as one of the truly good guys around here.

As for me, I'm still around...still healthy. I just don't frequent anywhere on the internet that much anymore, preferring to avoid most of the drama as I slip into my doddering years of confusion and trying to figure out how work the TV remote.
    Last edited by Queue; 31st Jul 2018 at 23:59.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Faf pops up here and there, mostly in Gen Gaming. I've seen him on the RPS forums as well, tho under a different name.

fett's very active on FB, he only comes in here to shout obscenities if there's a new Star Wars movie or if I make a Kanye West thread.

When we had that mass mutual networking over Facebook, a lot of old timers never looked back. I think the toxic atmosphere of political discussions also did a good job of making a lot of people not want to come back.

Most of those people are active on fb or elsewhere. The only one who really disappeared was Monkeysee, he just stopped posting.

I would say make another Kanye West thread but Jesus, Kanye West, you know.

Good to see you Gunny. I would like to see more of your posts. What I wish is that you would post some in my stories thread and just be goddam brutally honest. I try to cut down on the testosterone in my musings and still get comments of "male fantasy" when I forget and get too honest. I remember your stories. They very much jibe with how I recall things being. Perhaps it has something to do with us being southern males. I sure would love some of your stories though. Enough begging though. Just happy to see you.

Wow. Downtown LA is about as far from Blueridge as you can get. But not all of it is bad, hell, the brother of a buddy of mine lives in a nice area, but it IS all congested as hell and I can't imagine dealing with that traffic constantly. All brands of weird there but lots of cool shit to get into as well. There was a short time after the Air Force when I gave moving there some thought. My buddy himself got the hell out of there and advised against it. He moved to Quartz Hill for a more normal life. Still... I can't help but wonder how different my life would be had I taken that detour.

So absolutely nobody has heard from Monkeysee since he buried himself in a woman?

And Queue, you fucker, you still haven't given me a story. Holding out on me when I know you have some good ones. Shame.

I've really got to figure how women do that guilt thing that works so well with me. It's like a Jedi thing I will never master though.

Chakat sex pillow
    gunny! Jesus, man, I am so sorry to hear about what's happened. I was hoping things were looking up for you and that's why you took off. I hope things work out for you, I truly do.

As for all the old folks, they've been replaced by pod people who post random status updates on social media -- them aliens were always quick on the uptake and near-instantaneously sussed out that FB is where old people hole up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    So absolutely nobody has heard from Monkeysee since he buried himself in a woman?
    Wtf does that mean? Must confess Monkeysee is the one i’m most curious about, as his disappearance (amongst others) combined with the emergence of the trump apologists reminds me most starkly of the decline of ttlg. Also, I want to ask him if he still reckons The Thin Red Line is a piece of shit.

I'm Facebook friends with dethtoll and Aerothorn, they're very active there.

gunsmoke, I'm sorry to hear what happened to you and your girlfriend. I hope you can find happiness again. Take care.

You still have a Bulgarian taffer around

EDIT : Just read about your loss, gun. I'm sending thoughts and prayers to you <3

Still Subjective
    I did think about you gunsmoke! I just had to limit the list. Condolences.

Thanks for the updates guys.

Quote Originally Posted by zacharias View Post
    Wtf does that mean? Must confess Monkeysee is the one i’m most curious about, as his disappearance (amongst others) combined with the emergence of the trump apologists reminds me most starkly of the decline of ttlg. Also, I want to ask him if he still reckons The Thin Red Line is a piece of shit.
    He found a woman. She even posted on his account. One would assume they started a family which takes up all his time these days. I certainly hope so. They tend to do that. I hope he has a dozen kids and teaches them all to be as smart as he is. We need that now more than ever.

BTW, anyone heard from Stitch or Onion Bob?
    Last edited by Tocky; 1st Aug 2018 at 10:54.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocky View Post
    I hope he has a dozen kids and teaches them all to be as smart as he is. We need that now more than ever.
    He should teach them to signup to the forums when they're of age, we need new blood

Southquarter.com/fms
    I always assume the people who don't post here anymore just lost interest in gaming and the associated culture, plain and simple.

I guess I don't get the migration to FB, just seems like a totally different animal than here. I see someone like Fett posting his opinions and beliefs there (often strongly), but there's rarely any follow up discussion or rebuttal. Plus, within a day or two, it's gone and way too far back on the feed to even bother with. It's kinda why I dislike it so much, and I wish people didn't rely on it so heavily. I mean, they make refrigerator readouts now where you can check your FB page.

I check in from time to time but I rarely post anymore. I can't even remember I last time I checked in regularly. I miss folks like MsLedd and GBM. I still keep tabs on our Steam group though and see what y'all are playing video game wise.

I'm of opinion it wasn't so much that we changed as the kind of games we could play together did. Things like Overwatch & PUBG don't really interest me and I don't see much talk about it here either. Whereas TF2, UT, and L4D don't really get talked about or played anymore.

That being said, I'm glad that y'all are still around.

Good to see the nick names again, amazing the lasting impression people can make on forums. I made a good connection with fluke, a great personality and writer. Unfortunately he lost his battle with cancer a few years back, gone but not forgotten.

Hear hear Med. Some fine folks sailed into the west these past few years

Me I lurk a lot nowadays, but don't post much. I'm slightly more active on FB but I'm trying to cut down on that. Quite a few TTLG vets over there, it's nice to see what everyone's up to. I still consider TTLG a home port of sorts and although there hasn't been a meetup in a while I'm happy I got to meet several of you over the years. Much love, all <3

Administrator
    Facebook has definitely sucked away some of the old members that would be here just for the social aspect but there are those that pop back every now often. There are a lot of lurkers who don't post much - I probably fall a bit into that category myself these days (but I do check in almost daily).

Condolences, gunny, on your loss - I knew you'd had some life changes but didn't realise that it was as serious as that

Nice to see some old folks again. Anybody know where D'Juhn Keep went?

Like Brethren said, I assumed that people mostly just got old and got busy and dropped their gaming hobby. I still maintain an interest in games even though I don't have much time for them anymore due to kids, work, and other hobbies. I think if I lost my interest in games, I'd probably drift away too. Aside from the Trump clickbait, CommChat is pretty slow.

I quit Facebook years ago. The first wave of everyone signing up and finding old friends was cool, but then the signal to noise ratio dropped and from what I can tell from my wife (who is a FB addict) it continues to get worse. I don't miss it.

Hmm. I would be interested in RBJ's take on the Mueller investigation.

Le French’s (raif’s) post made me think... how many ttlg members have you met off line?

My list

Paranoid
    Big Dave
    Rafe
    Vigil
    Fat Burric
    Scots
    Many years ago in Bristol UK

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    Hmm. I would be interested in RBJ's take on the Mueller investigation.
    Going by the few Facebook posts he aims in that general direction, he's pretty much all for it.

Lol well yeah I figured that. I was wondering if he'd have some insight as to how it's really going. Almost all the analyses I read seem to be either "nothing burger" or "everything burger" and I'm dubious of those narratives.

Page 1 of 10 123456 ... LastLast