TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Results 276 to 300 of 497

Thread: The Decline of the Debate and the Rise of the Far Left and Right

  1. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    And when have I done that? Quote me. For the umpteenth time, Rachel Maddow is not a journalist. She's a news commentator.



    When a Pulizer prize winning journalist says it, I'm inclined to give him the benefit of a doubt. Especially with all the government scandals that have come out.
    I've linked you Pullitzer prize winning journalists before and you were extremely skeptical even after evidence was provided. Specifically, the evidence in question was NSA documents proving that they have backdoor access to every major tech server.



    Here, take your pick:
    The Weinstein scandal reported by The New Yorker. And this is a story where even police investigations were successfully suppressed, let alone news stories. That means the press was more successful in uncovering it than the police was.

    The Panama Papers.

    The Washington Post uncovering Roy Moore's dirty past.

    The LA Times uncovering sexual abuse of hundreds of young women.

    Top Secret America, about the growth and mismanagement of secret organisations in the US.
    Aside from the Top Secret America one (which was from a right wing news organization and more or less proves that the "Deep State" concept isn't a right wing conspiracy theory) al of these stories follow a pattern.



    Overall though most people think you're wrong. Trust in the press is extremely low across the board (from polls taken before Trump ever announced his candidacy, so don't blame "attacks on the press") and the accuracy of American media outlets is lower than Al Jazeera and BBC. US media are literally less factual than state sponsored propaganda.

    *****

    To the earlier point about "private companies".

    Here's one question I don't have the answer to. Here's a relevant headline first: https://ussanews.com/News1/2019/06/3...kamala-harris/


    Democratic Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren suggested Saturday that tech companies have an obligation to ding tweets and other social media posts that call into question one of her presidential opponent’s American lineage.

    “The attacks against @KamalaHarris are racist and ugly. We all have an obligation to speak out and say so. And it’s within the power and obligation of tech companies to stop these vile lies dead in their tracks,” Warren said in a tweet, following a post Donald Trump Jr. retweeted that asked if Sen. Kamala Harris is an “American black.”


    If a tech company censors political statements at the behest of a government official, does the "it's a private company" logic still apply? There's a sane case to be argued either way.

    *disclaimer: the talking point in question was one that originated with a Daily Show (I believe) clip that mocked her "blackness".
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 2nd Jul 2019 at 10:21.

  2. #277
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    I've linked you Pullitzer prize winning journalists before and you were extremely skeptical even after evidence was provided. Specifically, the evidence in question was NSA documents proving that they have backdoor access to every major tech server.
    I very much doubt this happened the way you claim it did. Quote me where I did that. Go ahead. Given your track record, either the article didn't actually say what you thought it did or you argued against an imaginary opponent as you are wont to do or it actually didn't happen at all.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Aside from the Top Secret America one (which was from a right wing news organization and more or less proves that the "Deep State" concept isn't a right wing conspiracy theory) al of these stories follow a pattern.
    How do things as different as the Panama Papers, the Weinstein scandal, the opioid epidemic, and rogue police squads follow a pattern? And since when is The Washington Post a right-wing news organisation? You asked me for an example, I gave you ten, even going as far as to provide links to five of them. And there's more where that came from.

    And Top Secret America in no way proves the right-wing deep state conspiracy theory. Alone the simple fact that the FBI counterintelligence investigation into Lord Dampnut was kept under wraps during the election and wasn't leaked to the public disproves it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Overall though most people think you're wrong. Trust in the press is extremely low across the board (from polls taken before Trump ever announced his candidacy, so don't blame "attacks on the press") and the accuracy of American media outlets is lower than Al Jazeera and BBC. US media are literally less factual than state sponsored propaganda.
    It doesn't matter what most people think. People believing something doesn't make it true. What matters is that the press is doing an invaluable service and has done some excellent reporting over the years.

    In any case, as usual, you're wrong: http://www-personal.umich.edu/~bnyha...eport-2018.pdf

    It explains your willingness to believe blatant propaganda, though.

  3. #278
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2001
    Location: Melbourne, Australia

  4. #279
    I’m Dude that study you linked me shows trust in the press at 30%.

    Way to prove me right. That’s At the high end of the general ballpark which is between 20-30%

    Columbia Journalism covered that and their conclusion was “Trust in media was down. Again.”


    https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/...media-down.php

    “For journalists do good work”. You’re deliberately and dishonestly conflating journalism with large, corporate backed, American outlets and implying that it’s synonymous with left leaning corporate journalism.

    It is not. You’re attacking a straw man. Nobody said journalism is worthless. I am saying that independent investigative reporters are more valuable because they are less impacted by the social and “access” incentives that cause corporate outlets to bury stories. One example I can think of was when a regional paper pulled an editorial that was critical of John Deere because John Deere was an advertiser who complained about the column.

    As for me “Believing in Propaganda” well...I’m not the person who upholds news organizations teeming with “former” CIA and DoD officials as bastions of amazing journalism.

    The Pulliter Prize winning Journalist in Question was Glenn Greenwald, who incidentally had been extremely critical of recent reporting and has documented numerous blatant lies on the part of establishment press.

    You also don’t seem to understand what “Deep state” means. The term existed before Trump and is just a catch all phrase referring to the bevy of unelected and unaccountable agencies in the government. It doesn’t mean “People who are out to get Trump”. You don’t need to worry that you’re a kook for believing that: roughly 80% of Americans agree that a deep state exists so long as you don’t call it a “deep state”, and instead just ask them whether the definition is an accurate description of affairs

    Anyways...DNC Congressman says “People making fun of congress should be prosecuted”.


    Video https://mobile.twitter.com/RealSaave...43587811258370
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 4th Jul 2019 at 10:07.

  5. #280
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    I’m Dude that study you linked me shows trust in the press at 30%.

    Way to prove me right. That’s At the high end of the general ballpark which is between 20-30%

    Columbia Journalism covered that and their conclusion was “Trust in media was down. Again.”

    https://www.cjr.org/the_media_today/...media-down.php
    Learn to read, once and for all. 30 percent is the trust among Republicans. The very same Republicans who are on a steady diet of talk radio and Fox News and being told constantly how untrustworthy the media is. For Democrats, it's much higher. For the general population, it was 55% in the survey I linked to. And the poll Columbia Journalism references only confirmed what the Poynter Media Trust Survey said, that trust had been declining over the decade, but has rebounded recently. Finally, as I said, it doesn't matter how many people believe something, it doesn't therefore make it true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    “For journalists do good work”. You’re deliberately and dishonestly conflating journalism with large, corporate backed, American outlets and implying that it’s synonymous with left leaning corporate journalism.
    You're the one who's deliberately and dishonestly using isolated incidents to smear the media, going as far as to portray a homeless hacker as a mainstream journalist. I'm still waiting, btw, to hear what major publications he was reporting for.

    As I said, again and again, journalists are not perfect or infallible. They do make mistakes. That does not diminish from the excellent work they produce as a whole. And the Mueller Report was a complete vindication in the face of the relentless smear campaign they have been under in the US. So many things journalists had been reporting and so many things they'd been accused of fabricating turned out to be completely true. Like the fact that Lord Dampnut ordered McGahn to fire Mueller, which was first reported by the NYT and called fake news. And there were many more such stories that the Mueller Report confirmed were completely true.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    “The Pulliter Prize winning Journalist in Question was Glenn Greenwald, who incidentally had been extremely critical of recent reporting and has documented numerous blatant lies on the part of establishment press.
    As I said, quote me where I questioned the article you were referring to. Glenn Greenwald does have his own problems, including complete blinkers when it comes to Russia, but I don't think I have ever put anything he reported about the NSA in doubt. Go on, prove me wrong and quote me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    “You also don’t seem to understand what “Deep state” means. The term existed before Trump and is just a catch all phrase referring to the bevy of unelected and unaccountable agencies in the government. It doesn’t mean “People who are out to get Trump”. You don’t need to worry that you’re a kook for believing that: roughly 80% of Americans agree that a deep state exists so long as you don’t call it a “deep state”, and instead just ask them whether the definition is an accurate description of affairs
    Career civil servants have always existed and there is no reason to believe there is a sinister conspiracy behind it beyond your typical Yes, Minister stuff.

    Also, it's not just a catch-all phrase. It's pretty much used in conjunction with "Obama holdovers" and to suggest there are people working against Lord Dampnut in secret as a sort of a shadow government.

    Also, what does unelected even mean here? Quite obviously not everyone in the government can be elected and it's pure nonsense to even suggest it. Not to mention the expansion of the secret agencies took place with the explicit approval of the elected officials and the wrongdoings likewise were shielded by them.
    Last edited by Starker; 4th Jul 2019 at 16:46.

  6. #281
    If the term "Deep State" just means that, then why the hell did it exist before Trump even announced his candidacy?

    Again you can't stop yourself from the dishonest conflations. "Civil Servants" aren't the same thing as what we're actually talking about. Literally nobody pictures some county clerk when they say "Deep State". They're figuring some shady FBI or CIA official doing shady shit like MKULTRA. Or the NSA spying on literally everyone with backdoor access to every email sent (which, if I recall correctly, you vehemently denied and when presented with documents claimed they were "fake" despite them coming directly from the document dump)

    Not to mention the expansion of the secret agencies took place with the explicit approval of the elected officials and the wrongdoings likewise were shielded by them.
    Which happened largely under Bush, and the shielding of such wrongdoing was spearheaded by a president you borderline worship.



    *****

    Actual reason I came here:

    Facebook changed their policy to ALLOW death threats.

    I shit you not. Feel free to brows the policy (linked) for the actual text: https://www.facebook.com/communityst...ible_violence/


    “Do not post: Threats that could lead to death (and other forms of high-severity violence) of any target(s) where threat is defined as any of the following:

    Statements of intent to commit high-severity violence; or

    Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy)….”

    Basically, if someone at Facebook deems you as a "hate" person then it's allowed for people to make death threats and organize violence against you.





    You all need to be VERY careful what you wish for. Contrary to what most of you all believe a civil war is almost a guaranteed defeat for the left. I can explain why but what is actually likely to happen in that scenario is millions of deaths by starvation and the US is split between a far right dictatorship and territories occupied by other governments. Simply logistics involved make it almost impossible for the left/government alliance to win any civil conflict, so those of you all who secretly want this are being extremely foolish.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 11th Jul 2019 at 09:44.

  7. #282
    Member
    Registered: Dec 2003
    Location: Location, Location
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Actual reason I came here:

    Facebook changed their policy to ALLOW death threats.

    I shit you not. Feel free to brows the policy (linked) for the actual text: https://www.facebook.com/communityst...ible_violence/

    “Do not post: Threats that could lead to death (and other forms of high-severity violence) of any target(s) where threat is defined as any of the following:

    Statements of intent to commit high-severity violence; or

    Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations policy)….”
    Your link literally doesn't say what you quoted.



    You're incredible, Tony. In so many ways.

  8. #283
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    It did exist in the form Tony described for a short while, but it was meant to cover such things as calling for terrorists to be bombed and demanding the death penalty for murderers, not for any of the nonsense Tony was spouting.

    As for the Turner Diaries crap, go home, Tony, you're drunk.

    And as for Deep State, for once and for all, learn to read, Tony. I literally said the opposite, that it's not just a catch-all term, but has also acquired a very specific meaning over the couple of years in the right wing echo chambers.
    Last edited by Starker; 11th Jul 2019 at 11:47.

  9. #284
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Bahaha this guy actually thinks there's some contigent of the far left that wants align itself with the state? Does he even know what we actually stand for? If anything, our extreme fringe wants to team up with working class republicans and lead a populist uprising against the state.

  10. #285
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Trance View Post
    Your link literally doesn't say what you quoted.
    The problem is that you're all suffering from cognitive dissonance driven by your confirmation biases to refuse anything that sounds outside your leftist echo chamber.

    BUT ORANGE MAN BAD AMIRITE OLOL

  11. #286
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by froghawk View Post
    Bahaha this guy actually thinks there's some contigent of the far left that wants align itself with the state? Does he even know what we actually stand for? If anything, our extreme fringe wants to team up with working class republicans and lead a populist uprising against the state.
    Not to mention there's a bit of a leap from Facebook posting ambiguously worded community standards to government-backed antifa death squads bursting down the doors of conservatives in an all-out civil war.

  12. #287
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    All point A's can go straight to point Z so long as you believe in yourself.

  13. #288
    Taking the Death Toll
    Registered: Aug 2004
    Location: ideally far away
    You know I have to commend you guys for giving Tony the time of day. I used to think TTLG would be better off with the likes of him banned, but to be honest you're probably preventing a mass shooting by keeping him busy. Keep up the good work.

  14. #289
    Member
    Registered: May 2004
    Returning to the topic once again, the great right-wing philosopher Lord Dampnut recently laid out his views on what does and doesn't constitute free speech:

    https://www.mediaite.com/news/trump-...gerous-speech/

    He talked about how Silicon Valley is admired for their technology and how smart they are, but that they don’t “using that brilliance” fairly. “They have to do that.”

    “And we don’t want to stifle anything, we certainly don’t want to stifle free speech. But that’s no longer free speech,” said Trump. “See I don’t think that the mainstream media is free speech either, because it’s so crooked, it’s so dishonest.”

    “So to me, free speech is not when you see something good and then you purposely write bad, to me that’s very dangerous speech, and you become angry at it,” said Trump. “But that’s not free speech.”
    In a nutshell, the media should stop covering fake news, such as government corruption and incompetence, and start covering real news, such as the Democratic Party being run by satanic pedophile cannibals.
    Last edited by Starker; 12th Jul 2019 at 01:00.

  15. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    You know I have to commend you guys for giving Tony the time of day. I used to think TTLG would be better off with the likes of him banned, but to be honest you're probably preventing a mass shooting by keeping him busy. Keep up the good work.
    You're truly insane. I have more to live for than you ever will. Unlike you (and I know you don't, because if you did you would be capable of understanding my mindset) I actually have loved ones who I care for. I also have a steady job (at a company most yuppies would kill to work at), get laid whenever I want, don't own guns, member of a pacificist religion, and am not on any psychiatric medications. Even if I wasn't extreme about the NAP (Non-aggression principal) in my personal ethics i'm very, very, far away from the profile.

    Besides which that's kind of an ironic post given that your own profile lists your interests as "hating things in general" and you have repeatedly demonstrated (admitted a few times if I remember correctly) that you have massive issues with anger outbursts you can't control. Are you sure you aren't projecting just a wee bit here?


    Bahaha this guy actually thinks there's some contigent of the far left that wants align itself with the state? Does he even know what we actually stand for? If anything, our extreme fringe wants to team up with working class republicans and lead a populist uprising against the state.
    Dunno. They seem to have quite the admiration for people like Robert Mueller, Eric Clapper, John McCain, etc. these days. I get the impression more that the far left thinks there's some elements of the state that are on their side and that they can use those elements to strong-arm their ideals onto that portion of the population that is unwilling to go along.

    *

    Actual reason I came to post.

    ANTIFA issued a threat to burn down the venue where Tim Pool is attempting to host an "across the aisle" panel. They also took over the venue's Twitter account and are attempting to ransom it back.




    They also got clowned by the Proud Boys in Portland. The Proud Boys understand Alinky's principles better than the left do at this point: by hosting a small event where they showed up, quickly marched around with their flags, and then left as soon as possible they successfully provoked ANTIFA into running around Portland beating the shit out of random people in town who had nothing to do with the event.

    What I'm referring to from Alinksy, specifically his 13 rules:

    1. “Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    2. “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    3. “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    4. “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    5. “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    6. “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    7. “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
    8. “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    9. “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    10. "The major premise for tactics is the development of operations that will maintain a constant pressure upon the opposition." It is this unceasing pressure that results in the reactions from the opposition that are essential for the success of the campaign.
    11. “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    12. “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    13. “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.


    Here's another thing.


    Now that it's a few months later, do my predictions that we were going to see more politically-motivated acts of violence seem wrong? They seem to have been borne out and I stand by my assessment that it's only going to escalate until we have mass civil violence and my advice for US residents is if you can't leave the country (which I'm currently working towards) is to relocate somewhere that you are either in or can easily reach a rural area where you have a support network.

    Keep in mind that prediction does not take into account that the US economy is about to crash hard. I've been poking out some feelers around my own professional network and the most significant thing I'm hearing from people who work in the manufacturing supplier industry (the people who make the things, who make the things that make your things....so they're a leading indicator) is that demand is crashing massively for their products. The crash has already begun and it just hasn't hit the retail economy yet.

    If you combine this polarized an environment with an economic crash is that going to make it better or is it going to exponentially worse beyond the trend that's already in play? Hypothetical question of course. The answer is obvious.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 19th Aug 2019 at 21:57.

  16. #291
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Is there anything more cringeworthy than using your dick as a bungee cord for your insecurities when someone questions your credibility as a sentient being? Read the rest of Tony's post to find out!

  17. #292
    That theatre event MAY escalate.

    They're still planning on having the after-party nearby and showing up, and I have learned that Bikers for Trump are planning on showing up in force to try to form a human wall to block out ANTIFA after they were threatening to burn the venue down.


    Is there anything more cringeworthy than using your dick as a bungee cord for your insecurities when someone questions your credibility as a sentient being? Read the rest of Tony's post to find out!
    Stop being a garbage human being. "Questioning one's credibility" is not what happened and you damn well know it. What happened is that Dethtoll insinuated I want to perform a mass shooting.

    But apparently that's cool in your book. I'm starting to think you're the kind of person that supports bullying which makes you no different from incel gamergaters.

    What actually happened is that you now know you were WRONG when saying I was crazy for forecasting we would have more incidents of politically motivated violence, so you're attempting to protect your ego by lashing out with irrelevant ad-hominems.

  18. #293
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    You know, Tony, I think you spend all your time reading reports like this, where someone breathlessly details those ANTIFA thugs attacking innocent protestors with a hammer...

    ...while ignoring reports like this, which shows a longer version of that shot, and we see that a bunch of white supremacists riding a short bus start swinging a hammer at people gathered around the door, only for them to get said hammer taken from them, and swung back at their heads for their efforts.

    Notice how Mr. Ngo only showed the latter half of that video. That's what you cool kids call "building a narrative", isn't it?

    Once again, I feel the need to remind people that those who run around screaming about how they know "The Real Truth", who denounce the sway "Fake News" and "propaganda" has on "normal people" are usually the most easily manipulated by fake news and propaganda.

    ANTIFA are a bunch of shitheels. Of that I have no doubt. But they're far from being the boogymen people like you fear them to be. They're an overhyped excuse hardline conservatives use to deflect from the fact there are a bunch of alt-right fuckhead white nationalist types are running around shouting the same slogans they are, quoting them on social media.

    "...LOOK AT WHAT ANTIFA DID TODAY! OH MY GOD, IT'S THE END OF THE WORLD!"

    It's much the same reason why a lot of these Trump conservatives love Israel so much. They don't give one fuck or another about Jewish people, but they do appreciate that their military backs us up when we're in the Middle East, and, hey, bonus, it gives them the chance to use the antisemitism card for a change.
    Last edited by Renzatic; 21st Aug 2019 at 20:16.

  19. #294
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    Stop being a garbage human being. "Questioning one's credibility" is not what happened and you damn well know it. What happened is that Dethtoll insinuated I want to perform a mass shooting.

    But apparently that's cool in your book. I'm starting to think you're the kind of person that supports bullying which makes you no different from incel gamergaters.

    What actually happened is that you now know you were WRONG when saying I was crazy for forecasting we would have more incidents of politically motivated violence, so you're attempting to protect your ego by lashing out with irrelevant ad-hominems.
    I don't know how you manage to do quite so much hand-flailing and projecting, but it's amusing to see you foaming at clouds in the sky. Do continue, it's vastly entertaining.

  20. #295
    Sulphur, you've got it exactly backwards.

    It isn't me trying to address my own insecurities.

    Dethtoll chose to hit me with a very, very, low blow so I decided to react back by poking at one of his own insecurities. He's the kind of person who has a huge "secret king" complex where he believes he is superior to everyone else, and though the real world gives them the opposite feedback. Everyone else is stupid, but this kind of person is wiser, smarter , more moral and superior to everyone else. One day, the world will recognise this and they will be justly rewarded.


    I'm well aware that he regards me as being fundamentally beneath him, and part of what makes him angry ( one example of what I will say: comments about things like me having been a military officer) is that I'm able to apparently be successful in areas of my life where he believes that nobody who is as far beneath him as I am should be able to, let alone outperform his own results.

    Admittedly it's kind of a nasty play on my part but in my defense it doesn't quite rise to the level of "let's accuse this guy of being a mass shooter!" levels of fucked up.


    I don't know how you manage to do quite so much hand-flailing and projecting, but it's amusing to see you foaming at clouds in the sky. Do continue, it's vastly entertaining.
    If that's all you have to say, then I will assume you have no meaningful response to that. I repeat my statement: You most likely know very well that dethtoll was calling me a mass shooter and you're trying to excuse the behavior by claiming that he was just "questioning credibility". The only "projecting" I'm doing is observing that you can't possibly be so stupid as to not realize that. Or can you?

    ...while ignoring reports like this, which shows a longer version of that shot, and we see that a bunch of white supremacists riding a short bus start swinging a hammer at people gathered around the door, only for them to get said hammer taken from them, and swung back at their heads for their efforts.
    Read the comments on the post you linked. Your own video shows ANTIFA trying to bash their way into a bus.

    It also wasn't the attack I was referring to. ANTIFA started bashing bystanders who were just walking through the area at the wrong time.


    Once again, I feel the need to remind people that those who run around screaming about how they know "The Real Truth", who denounce the sway "Fake News" and "propaganda" has on "normal people" are usually the most easily manipulated by fake news and propaganda.
    The bet I made to you where we test out your belief that the left is less violent still stands. It's telling that you do not choose to put your money where your mouth is.


    ANTIFA are a bunch of shitheels. Of that I have no doubt. But they're far from being the boogymen people like you fear them to be. They're an overhyped excuse hardline conservatives use to deflect from the fact there are a bunch of alt-right fuckhead white nationalist types are running around shouting the same slogans they are, quoting them on social media.
    Speaking of "projection".

    Like I've said MANY times, it's not them in their current state we need to worry about. Again as I have said MANY times before, the left commits violence in far greater volume than the right but they're also far less lethal than the right.

    I'm worried about the TREND, not the state Your own statement is evidence of what I'm talking about where you claim that ANTIFA's actions result in a sequence of events that leads to further escalation. The alt right's nutjobs also lead to further escalation (e.g. El Paso -> Dayton).


    Speaking of..

    there are a bunch of alt-right fuckhead white nationalist types are running around shouting the same slogans they are, quoting them on social media.
    I think this statement doesn't reflect well on your understanding of the situation. They're not doing that because all major social media sites have banned white nationalism. It's right there in the TOS should you choose to look. Wherever they're doing it isn't social media.


    It's much the same reason why a lot of these Trump conservatives love Israel so much. They don't give one fuck or another about Jewish people, but they do appreciate that their military backs us up when we're in the Middle East, and, hey, bonus, it gives them the chance to use the antisemitism card for a change.
    Not really. With enough exposure to evangelicals one learns that it's from a religious/cultural cause called Christian Zionism where evangelicals believe modern day Christians owe their unquestioning allegiance to the state of Israel. It's pervasive among American Protestants that's difficult to comprehend until you interact with a significant number of them: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_Zionism

    They literally believe that returning the Jews to the Holy Land (which requires the state of Israel to expand its borders, "conveniently" for the Neocons) will fulfill a biblical prophecy that is necessary for Jesus's second coming.
    Last edited by Tony_Tarantula; 25th Aug 2019 at 23:31.

  21. #296
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    The bet I made to you where we test out your belief that the left is less violent still stands. It's telling that you do not choose to put your money where your mouth is.
    How many people have ANTIFA killed thus far?

    Zero.

    What have ANTIFA done?

    Lots of property damage. Mostly being a bunch of stupid pains in the asses, because it gives people like you excuse to scream BUT THE OTHER SIDE DOES IT TOO!

    Now let's look at the flipside of this equation.

    How many people have died at the hands of White Nationalist Extremists?

    Well, we saw all those people killed in Gilroy and El Paso, and that was just over the last couple of months. That's 26 dead, and considerably more injured just from those two instances alone. Isolated incidents, such as a bunch of skinheads curbstomping some Jewish person they caught walking down a back alley somewhere, have risen by 25% since 2017.

    So tell me again that these two situations are equatable.

    Read the comments on the post you linked. Your own video shows ANTIFA trying to bash their way into a bus.
    I noticed that you never once drew attention to the fact that Ngo grossly misrepresented the situation.

    There were a bunch of people who looked like they were heckling the honest to god white supremacist fascist types on the bus, but they weren't the first to start swinging. You saw that door open, and you saw that guy start trying to hit people with that hammer. You saw how Ngo only showed the last few seconds of that altercation, framing it as a bunch of ANTIFA crazies.

    Yet you still make excuses for it.

    Why do you defend white supremacists? Do you really hate yourself that bad, Tony?

  22. #297
    Chakat sex pillow
    Registered: Sep 2006
    Location: not here
    Hey Tony, I completely sympathise. If I were born with a pathological lack of enough brain cells to rub together, I'd have to resort to arguments scaffolded with my ego too.

    Having said that, I'm not in the same boat, so you'll have to find another audience for your Dunning-Kruger-addled pop psychology/conspiratorial partisan blather.

  23. #298
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    By saying you're projecting, Sulp, I'm projecting my tendency to project upon you, accusing you of the very projection I'm projecting myself.

  24. #299
    Moderator and Priest
    Registered: Mar 2002
    Location: Dinosaur Ladies of the Night
    But, you know. I huff gas.

  25. #300
    Still Subjective
    Registered: Dec 1999
    Location: Idiocy will never die
    Quote Originally Posted by june gloom View Post
    I used to think TTLG would be better off with the likes of him banned, but to be honest you're probably preventing a mass shooting by keeping him busy. Keep up the good work.
    Ha ha, come on Tony, this is a hilarious burn. It's clearly a joke so don't take it so seriously. It is a hilarious burn though, and I'm suspicious re: it's origin. june - did you steal this from Dave Chapelle or something?

Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •