TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Decline of the Debate and the Rise of the Far Left and Right

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Tarantula View Post
    On the "full beard" thing.

I too, had some fairly long facial hair at the beginning of 2017.

However my business headshot shows me with a clean face.....which means the person in my business headshot is obviously not me!

Look at a picture of the dude they killed more recently. It's the same damn dude.

So he had a full beard, shaved it off and quickly regrew it to announce the caliphate? Give me a break.

Look at the beard he has in 2014: https://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-mi...-death-rumours

You think it's "the same damn dude"?

Did he have a nosejob as well and grow bushier eyebrows while he was at it?

And why exactly would the leader of the freshly formed ISIS, whom US forces had been targeting and who had a $10 million reward on his head, meet with a senator of the US and give him a photo op? Why would a US senator pose with a well-known terrorist leader? You're so caught up in your conspiratorial thinking that you never once pause to think whether any of it actually makes any sense.
    Last edited by Starker; 7th Dec 2019 at 00:19.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Why would a US senator pose with a well-known terrorist leader?
    Because it's McCain, who's now regarded as a traitor among The Faithful for speaking out against Trump.

Since his little spat with the president, I've seen a lot more pictures of him used as evidence of certain vaguely defined misdeeds in all those COINCIDENCE???!!!??? posts you see so often on the usual conspiracy sites.

...kinda like how no one ever mentioned George Soros until it was found out he donated to one of the groups who were bussing people in to the Ferguson protests, then suddenly he was EVERYWHERE!
    Last edited by Renzatic; 7th Dec 2019 at 00:59.

"Suddenly everywhere" sounds a lot like the work of Russian & Montenegrin political meme shops. Their whole MO is marking up images to link them to nutcase conspiracies and terrorism because people just eat it up and it works so fantastically well.

The question at the foundation of people believing the agiprop (and maybe they should be asking themselves this question more openly): Why would somebody intentionally spend hours of their life making & distributing memes linking people to all manner of evil that they know to be false?
    Because they know you'll believe it and they're exploiting your fears to take advantage of you, that's why.

Question everything and everyone. Sheesh that's supposed to be the American way above everything else.

Yes, it does smell a lot like active measures. And in before, "Why would Russia be attacking Republicans?" I've already said it a couple of times and I'll say it again: the goal of Russia is not for the GOP to succeed, it's for the US to fail. If it takes stirring up racial tensions and agitating BLM activists, then so be it. If it takes undermining the faith in US institutions like the CIA, then so be it. If it takes spreading conspiracy theories that diminish US accomplishments, increase paranoia against the government, or smear US public figures like John McCain, then so be it.

Has anyone been following what is going on in Virginia?

The incoming Democrat government has proposed legislation to retroactively ban all "assault weapons". This law would be the most restrictive of it's kind in the nation. They also are going to pass a law that, through vague wording, effectively criminalizes firearms training and potentially even martial arts training.

In response to this 41 counties (and counting) either have passed or are considering passing second amendment sanctuary policies where they will refuse to comply with the ban. It's expected to go through in most of the counties considering it:

In one county the Sheriff responded by declaring that he'll deputize everyone in the county.

The AG's response? He is doubling down and insisting that the laws will be enforced: https://wtvr.com/2019/12/06/attorney...-sanctuary-01/

So what happens when some local county refuses to comply and they send in VSP to forcibly remove arms from a county where the Sheriff is standing by his guns? (aka most of the Western half of the state, because it's hillbilly country).

If it takes undermining the faith in US institutions like the CIA, then so be it. If it takes spreading conspiracy theories that diminish US accomplishments, increase paranoia against the government, or smear US public figures like John McCain, then so be it.
    So now you're cheerleading for the institution that is largely responsible for the state of Black America by shipping cocaine into the inner cities and assassinating civil rights leaders?

Unbelievable.

But that said thank you for coming around to the position I've been saying since 2015. That it isn't that the Russians have some kind of grudge against Hillary. It's just the same old Soviet era tactics.

That said some US institutions don't deserve for us to have any faith in them.

So now you're cheerleading for the institution that is largely responsible for the state of Black America by shipping cocaine into the inner cities and assassinating civil rights leaders?

Unbelievable.

But that said thank you for coming around to the position I've been saying since 2015. That it isn't that the Russians have some kind of grudge against Hillary. It's just the same old Soviet era tactics.

That said some US institutions don't deserve for us to have any faith in them.
    No amount of bad faith accusations or revisionism is going to wash off the egg on your face from spreading easily debunked propaganda.

Oh ho, good set up for this article from VOA, good old fashioned red blooded American propaganda. Reagan wept.

Quote Originally Posted by Voice of America
    Pentagon Concerned Russia Cultivating Sympathy Among US Troops

Russian efforts to weaken the West through a relentless campaign of information warfare may be starting to pay off, cracking a key bastion of the U.S. line of defense: the military.

While most Americans still see Moscow as a key U.S. adversary, new polling suggests that view is changing, most notably among the households of military members.

The second annual Reagan National Defense Survey, completed in late October, found nearly half of armed services households questioned, 46%, said they viewed Russia as ally.

Overall, the survey found 28% of Americans identified Russia as an ally, up from 19% the previous year.

Generally, the pollsters found the positive views of Russia seemed to be “predominantly driven by Republicans who have responded to positive cues from [U.S.] President [Donald] Trump about Russia,” according to an executive summary accompanying the results.

It's bizarre. If there's anything about this whole thing that baffles me, it's the Republican response to the whitewashing of Russia and the blackwashing of the US. Buying into the whole, "We are not so different, them and us. Putin's a killer but so are we" and, "Russia interfered in our elections, but so have we" line of defence and the acceptance of arguments for letting Russia off the hook for Crimea, because "it belongs to them anyway".

Rachel Maddow had a segment recently that touched on the increasingly weak US response to Russian aggression:

and Republicans buying into Russian propaganda that it was Ukraine who interfered in US elections, not Russia:

Last edited by Starker; 8th Dec 2019 at 01:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
    Because it's McCain, who's now regarded as a traitor among The Faithful for speaking out against Trump.

It wasn't just that,
    he was very loudly speaking out AGAINST THE CHOICE OF THE REPUBLICAN VOTER.

Even if he didn't care for Donald Trump,
    Donald Trump was the choice of the republican voter.

So he went OUT OF HIS WAY,
    instead of keeping his "dislike" to himself,
    to trash the Republican voter.

So if he had no respect and nothing in common with the republican voter,
    who was he representing as a "Republican'?

Heres a big fat hint,
    who was he representing while he attacked Donald Trump with the liberals?

Who controls the media?
    And through control over the media,
    power over BOTH SIDES OF THE ARGUMENT.

And the power to get whoever they want elected across the entire political process.
    The power to only allow you to vote for who they want you to.

Do you believe that the media is run by liberals?
    New York and hollywood and every corporate media conglomerate between them?

Example:
    Do you know why democrats dont have a runnable candidate now?
    Becasue the liberal media wont let you.

Becasue they'll only let you vote for who the liberal media wants you to vote for.

"Pentagon Concerned Russia Cultivating Sympathy Among US Troops"

Why would that even be a concern
    What does Russia have to do with US troops?
    Except liberals desperately trying to cook up Russo-Phobia.
    To try and scare poeple into believing them.

But if American Troops are tired if getting lied into fighting endless wars against the Arabs for Israel,
    by the same liberal media desperately trying to fear monger them about Russia,
    maybe they would have some sympathy for seeing the connection.
    Last edited by robthom; 8th Dec 2019 at 22:07.

Moderator and Priest
    In today's installment of Weirdly Formatted Internet Diatribe, we'll see how many times someone can drudge up old anti-Semetic conspiracy theories without using the word "Jew."

Whats "Anti-semetic"?

Whenever somebody has any criticism of Jews that you have no counter argument or excuse for?
    Except a smug disparaging comment and playing victim?

Did I say something that sounded like you?
    Maybe I didn't mention you becasue I wasn't necessarily talking about you.

But you think I am.
    Why is that?

Did I say something that was untrue about you?

Edit: oh you mean when I said Israel dont you?
    Why else would we be fighting with Arabs on the other side of the world?
    Becasue they're jealouse of our freedoms?

Yeah, any criticism of Israel is "anti-semetic".
    But isn't it TELLING that thats ALWAYS your ONLY counterpoint.

You protest too much.
    And rather clumsily if we get past the emotional extortion of you playing victim every time.
    Last edited by robthom; 9th Dec 2019 at 05:52.

Moderator and Priest
    Maybe you don't realize you're doing it, but if you were to go through your posts and replace "liberal" with "Jew", you'll end up sounding EXACTLY like a David Duke stump speech.

I don't know if you're an antisemite or not, and really, I don't care. Either way, all you're doing is repeating old conspiracy theories that have been around for decades now, with a new coat of paint applied to make them seem more like they're contemporary concerns.

What is old is new again, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by robthom View Post
    Whats "Anti-semetic"?
    Anti-semetic, is when you disparage the Jews or Israel, you ill-begotten Nazi scum!...

As a group, they are immune to criticism, and are beyond reproach.

However, if you want to say something bad about the White Man, then that would be fantastic!...

Moderator and Priest
    You know, we really don't get enough people bitching about white people around here.

Vae, think you could pitch in? Get this ball rolling?

And there was I thinking robthom was complaining about your spelling, Renz.

Virginia doubles down harder: https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...e-gun-control?

Check out the reactions to this on JF Holme's page (the guy who used to make the Power Point Ranger comic strip for Army Times) https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=35204137

One commentator described the situation well in one sentence:

Do they realize that a good percentage of the National Guard are the ones who have the guns in civilian life that they want to confiscate?

No. No they do not.

I don't know if you're an antisemite or not, and really, I don't care. Either way, all you're doing is repeating old conspiracy theories that have been around for decades now, with a new coat of paint applied to make them seem more like they're contemporary concerns.
    The problem with this anti-semitism is that not only is wealth inequality creating a lot of simmering resentment (because of how much of Wall Street is jewish), but the ADL has gone so batshit crazy with the attempts to censor Palestinian supporters that it's starting to create the widespread perception that the anti-semites are correct that jews run everything and hate you. I wish they'd just shut the fuck up because they're not helping, but they've got their heads too far up their asses to even comperehend the idea.

Moderator and Priest
    Quote Originally Posted by nickie View Post
    And there was I thinking robthom was complaining about your spelling, Renz.
    My spelling is immakulate, Nickie. I rarly ever get the skwiggly lines.

Moderator and Priest
    The problem with this anti-semitism is that not only is wealth inequality creating a lot of simmering resentment (because of how much of Wall Street is jewish), but the ADL has gone so batshit crazy with the attempts to censor Palestinian supporters that it's starting to create the widespread perception that the anti-semites are correct that jews run everything and hate you. I wish they'd just shut the fuck up because they're not helping, but they've got their heads too far up their asses to even comperehend the idea.
    It's simpler than that. Take any of the old "The Jews are X" conspiracies, and replace "Jews" with "globalists", "liberals", "elites", "media/MSM", or any combination of the four. End result? Your average Gab conversation.

Moderator and Priest
    The fuck is that shit?

I think he just said Trump supporters can't fight for shit nor really understand what they are fighting for. Must be why they need guns so badly.

Drumpf supporters need guns because we beat them up cuz they're bad!...

Comparing this page to the first page of this thread is just wow.

Internet did its thing.

Moderator and Priest
    Quit judging us.

One trend under-reported:

There's a spate in anti-semitic attacks with a LOT of anti jewish assaults happening here in New York. https://www.wsj.com/articles/rise-in...ks-11576611407

Article conveniently neglects to mention something important: the Jewish deli shooting that happened very close to my actual apartment was carried out by members of a group called the "Black Hebrew Israelites", that was the same group that instigated the whole Covington thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Hebrew_Israelites

via CNN:

"Black Hebrew Israelites claim to be from the Twelve Tribes of Israel, who will one day be given dominion by God to rule over the Earth," said Heidi Beirich, director of the Southern Poverty Law Center's Intelligence Project.
    "They believe that Jewish people are 'fake Jews' imposters who will be supplanted by them in the future," Beirich added. "They also believe that God will make whites, who these groups consider spawns of the devil, into their slaves, forced into eternal servitude."
    There's a nasty undercurrent of religious hatred going around in this whole thing as well.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617181920 LastLast