TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: CNSD - The Game! (17-10-2018)

just finding dewdrop was amazing in mission

i found 2 endings one was a death ending by turning on generator in attic other is leaving school how you came in after ritual dewdrop was key to completing mission

if there is more endings let me know,i even think cardia will love map layout as he is also a amazing map maker

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    its super scary maybe your dream and mission our connect,just remember when you on second floor and see a window open be sure to look outside mahahahahahahaha
    Yeah Downwinder, I have yet to do this, starting up again tonight, but I was up late last night freaking out looking out into stuff just in case the author had something there. A few times yet AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Is this light cone clipping through normal? ie an oversight and not my install?

I love the mood so far!!
    It`s right.... Next update I will try to solve this. On the dark, is`s less noticeable... I had a reason to let this way... but don`t remember why. Maybe laziness

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i ment grape/fruit the purple chuck of +3 health when eaten

and one funny thing i noticed the car talk if you get close to it made me think of herbie the love bug not sure if you did that on purpose :P
    Ow, Grape Fruit... I forgot this item . But you can find 3 types of fruits very popular here in Brazil. I put them exactly where I used to "steal" them at school breaks ...

The cars are in tribute to one of the most popular models here in 60s until 80s: Volkswagen Kombi and Beetle. Exactly the same model of the film.
    Last edited by leconbras; 19th Oct 2018 at 12:44.

Interesting mission. I haven't finished, but so far it looks like you have avoided the common pitfall of a boring map from using a realistic layout.

You should have disclaimed that there are jump scares, or at least that this is a horror mission, not everyone is going to appreciate that.

I didn't like that you forced me to pick up loot from some of the chests, I didn't want to loot anything as I'm under the impression I am not a thief.

The ambient music that ends with the trumpets gets repetitive. Nice use of the Blood Money soundtrack in the beginning, though.

Whoa, very interesting (and sometimes scary) so far!

Okay, looks like I want to perform a halting ritual. I have dagger and doll, and I know where water tank and holy water are. (I reloaded after taking the holy water because I had tons more exploring to do before I want to trigger that scripted event.) But I can't find a psalm book I need. Have looked all over church & library. Any hints?

Fun thing: Imagine my surprise when the 'Building B key' did NOT open the door labelled 'Building B' on the top floor in Building A.
    I had an immediate flashback to Calendra's Cistern: "Well, of course 'Calendra's key' DOES NOT open the front door of her house!"

Another question: I now have rope arrows. I haven't looked that hard for it, but I have yet to find any place where they are crucial (they have only made it possible for me to grab another piece of cheese, haha). Is there any such place?

Small criticisms:
    * It would have been really great if we could have collected all those water/moss crystals from the beginning, and that they would become usable after finding the bow. (I have no idea if this is possible with the game engine, though...)
    * Game ended for me when I wanted to take a look if there was anything useful out in the street (or even in other buildings). How was I supposed to know that? Not nice.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 19th Oct 2018 at 16:35.

Quote Originally Posted by SuaveSteve View Post

I didn't like that you forced me to pick up loot from some of the chests, I didn't want to loot anything as I'm under the impression I am not a thief.
    Thanks for the feedback! You are Garrett... a modern Garrett.. loot everything you want

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Whoa, very interesting (and sometimes scary) so far!

Okay, looks like I want to perform a halting ritual. I have dagger and doll, and I know where water tank and holy water are. (I reloaded after taking the holy water because I had tons more exploring to do before I want to trigger that scripted event.) But I can't find a psalm book I need. Have looked all over church & library. Any hints?

Fun thing: Imagine my surprise when the 'Building B key' did NOT open the door labelled 'Building B' on the top floor in Building A.
    I had an immediate flashback to Calendra's Cistern: "Well, of course 'Calendra's key' DOES NOT open the front door of her house!"

Small criticisms:
    * It would have been really great if we could have collected all those water/moss crystals from the beginning, and that they would become usable after finding the bow. (I have no idea if this is possible with the game engine, though...)
    * Game ended for me when I wanted to take a look if there was anything useful out in the street (or even in other buildings). How was I supposed to know that? Not nice.
    Thanks for the feedback!

psalm book is in library. Not necessary to pick, it is only readable.

all crystals become possible after you get the bow. If not, something has gone wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post

Another question: I now have rope arrows. I haven't looked that hard for it, but I have yet to find any place where they are crucial (they have only made it possible for me to grab another piece of cheese, haha). Is there any such place?
    Yes,near the cheese. Not crucial... but...

Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post

psalm book is in library. Not necessary to pick, it is only readable.
    Thanks!
    (Can't believe how I could miss that the first time...)

Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post
    all crystals become possible after you get the bow. If not, something has gone wrong.
    Yes I know, but that means you have to get to all of those places again if you want them.
    Still, there are enough of those arrows (in the stacks by the bow) anyway so it's not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by SuaveSteve View Post

The ambient music that ends with the trumpets gets repetitive. Nice use of the Blood Money soundtrack in the beginning, though.
    The Mahler?! No way, I loved that! Can’t remember hearing Mahler in a thief mission before—my favorite composer!

Congrats on the release!!

This was a really great change from the normal thief universes!!
    Loved it, but I hope you continue the story so we can go back and save Sara.

Thank you for this Gem.
    pwl

Really enjoying this atmospheric and creepy mission so far...

Pretty sure my daughter won't be allowed back to the school though, after I've stolen so much from them!
    And why does the school keep barrels of explosives in the attic?

Finished last night. I had a wonderful time. If I can say, both strong suites and weak;

It paces very well at times, sometimes masterfully, but the keys or gates to your objectives feel too linear. I wish there was more to make me feel like it was my idea, but instead I was ushered from point a, to b, and so on.

I will be very critical and say the jump scares where 50 percent good and 50 bad. Having screen overlay flash game like jump scares often take me out of the story. There is plenty of opportunity to scare you within the gameplay itself. Take the fact that you move from classroom to classroom, and you begin to find nothing, what if in in the next to last room (don't do last too predictable) someone is suddenly standing there. This way you walked into it feeling like you had the opportunity to have not let your guard down but you did. This is so much better to than forcing an overlay image in the hallway, that feels like I had no choice about, if that makes sense. Use what the player is doing, use happenstance.

Classic simpsons gag illustrates this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rz48peiGn5w

I did love the bats flying out of the door. I did love the running across in front of me or past me. I loved the creepy music. I loved that it was kids, although some may gripe about the trope (f.e.a.r. and may others), I loved it because it actually made it harder to spot them, defying expectations, to where I jumped because I turned and ran into child-tall stack of crates. Oh how can I forget the toilet ghost, it was so nostalgic for some reason.

I did also love the layout, it shows that it was based off a real world place, and it helped my imagination fill the place out as a real place. The only other thing that took me back out was the stealing. The LGS team made stealing more rewarding because these fat nobles didn't deserve the wealth. They were living well as the people suffered around them in the streets. It made you happy to take from them, and you felt clever for doing so. Sadly I didn't find a reason to steal from this school. And didn't for a long time until the game started forcing me to through secrets and chests. I had to make up a reason to steal but it still didn't feel right. I was there to help find my child.

Final thoughts is, with its flaws, it is still one of the better FMs I've ever played. I enjoyed the space I moved in, even the empty areas felt dangerous. I do wish there was more AI to evade earlier, and less linear gate keeping, but still a great FM you can be proud of for making.
    Last edited by gamophyte; 21st Oct 2018 at 19:39. Reason: Spelling, and forgot Spoiler tag eeep!

Thank you very much for the feedback!

I recognize many of the problems that some players have reported. I did not have the time or the patience to texturize and furnish as well as other authors did. Like I said, it's a project from 2006, but only this year I was able to take the time to finish it.

It was my first experience with Dromed. Learning everything alone, especially in another language, was not easy.

The main intention (personal challenge) was to please the people who studied at this school, making a game that scenario was exactly the same. It was my dream as a child, that I wanted to make it real for other students as well.

So, I spent a lot of time building it. The story itself was never my main goal. Just bein able to recreate all the 8000m², I would be satisfied.

Anyway, I hope you like the final result, because it was done with a lot of affection, both thinking of my collegues of school and the strong community we have here.

I hope I made it clear that I do in fact like it a lot. I loved looking out the window at the other windows across the way. It showed it was a real place. I also loved the security camera gag

I wrote what I did already with the knowledge of your hurdles. You have expressed them before. So when I say it's a good mission, don't take that lightly, it is a good mission. I'm glad you released even as is. Now also you have a template if you ever want to make a gold mission (or part 2) with other ideas in mind.

Once more, thanks for enjoying it!

I really appreciated what you said. That were all constructive criticism and I agree with all.

My mistake was wanting to put all my ideas into one mission, because I was not thinking about doing another one...

Looks beautiful and innovative. I smiled when I saw the VW in the gameplay video.

Finished last night.

Well done leconbras! I really enjoyed this mission. Great atmosphere and architecture.

If I'm being really picky, I would have maybe preferred the game play to ramp-up a little more slowly, rather than go from quiet to insane in one moment.
    Also, it would have been useful ( and more realistic) to have the Ritual go into your inventory. I'm sure Garrett (or whoever) would have picked it up if it seemed useful.
    As it was, I needed to use the walkthrough to remind me. When the time came to use it, I couldn't remember where I'd read it - and it was a bit too dangerous to go searching!

One I shall play again though...

Finished yesterday evening. Thanks for release!

I liked the love for detail in the school and I admire your work. Even the chairs in the classrooms were not aligned perfectly but a little bit random. The gym was awesome, too.
    Another plus for the lovely and well made intro.
    After some time the mission became a little bit scary. There were some jumpscares here and there. I personally prefer more subtle horror. I am glad you put some AI and not only scripted sequences in the empty school buildings. These children were scary - well done.

I didn´t expect this turn in your mission.

At last I blew myself and everything up. That was totally worth it! Take that, demons!

I was entertained for a couple of hours. Thank you!

Started yesterday. Can't proceed after the taken screamer, which leads me to a thought - why horror authors nowadays still think it's super fun and scary to put a sudden and very quick horrible af face in front of user? It's neither of that, it's frustrating and mind damaging, rather than f----- scary. It doesn't add to the atmosphere at all!

Regardless, i really seem to be liking the map, it looks complex, but i can't continue if there's another such screamer ahead.
    Last edited by Zoro; 22nd Oct 2018 at 19:52.

zoro it is only that one hallway,please continue mission

Ow sorry for the jumpscare! I promisse, It`s only one. But consider opening a door and getting out some bats.... they can scare you too...

Stuck

Bit stuck here, got one pin and only place to go is the school yard which ends up in a room i can not get out off.

It's a scape room. ?? Not sure what you mean here
    The second pin is hidden behind a closet, which one lol.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast