TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW T2 FM: CNSD - The Game! (17-10-2018)

It's hard to see. It's behind the one near the crib. Crouch to get it.

Lord Soth

Look around the room carefully...
    Check behind the furniture

What room and where looking around for ages and nothing, i got one, found it in the boys toilets i'm guessing i need two.
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 24th Oct 2018 at 09:43.

The room they are talking about is the one you teleport to after the cutscene. There is some furniture in there, including a dresser. Check behind it for the second lock pick, which will allow you to escape that room.

As forewarning, where exactly is the screamer jump-scare located at?

i can help you lord soth when in room after being caught by kids,look behind the deck on ground for a tiny hairpin you can use that to get out, i also had hard time finding it

Quote Originally Posted by twhalen2600 View Post
    As forewarning, where exactly is the screamer jump-scare located at?
    Building A, Hallway of Second floor, after the room with opened window to schoolyard.

Quote Originally Posted by leconbras View Post
    Building A, Hallway of Second floor, after the room with opened window to schoolyard.
    Thank you!

I need some help,where do i get started? i've been running around for a while now but i don't seem to get anywhere...
    i rang the bell and no one answers,no lockpicks,been on a balcony at the beginning,i thought maybe there's a door unlocked...but nope...

now i don't know what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    I need some help,where do i get started? i've been running around for a while now but i don't seem to get anywhere...
    i rang the bell and no one answers,no lockpicks,been on a balcony at the beginning,i thought maybe there's a door unlocked...but nope...

now i don't know what to do?
    Griswold, search in the bathroom behind the stairs.

The one place i didn't go

Don't feel bad, I was actually too scared to go there for the first 30 min

Your next tip is.. if you ... find yourself teleported to a room, right click spam everywhere until you find it.. "the other"

Quote Originally Posted by gamophyte View Post
    Your next tip is.. if you ... find yourself teleported to a room, right click spam everywhere until you find it.. "the other"
    Thnx that helped,on my way now

I went with the alternate ending. What a fun mission!

A lot of really good looking DromEd work in this. There's technically I suppose more than one jump scare but not in the style of "that" one. Good suspense too, was never sure when anything was going to happen.

Also a comment on the framerate issues the readme talks about. Wasn't that bad! I was expecting them to drop quite low with that level of detail in those open spaces outside, but it didn't drop very much at all. Good optimization. Never went below about 30 for me and I wasn't playing it on a very good machine, either.
    Last edited by GUFF; 2nd Nov 2018 at 08:22.

This was great! It had tons of modern stuff, yet it merged with Thief in a unique and cool way! Just wish the two endings had been a little happier

I am experiencing crashes to the desktop upon exiting this FM with an error that says Thief has stopped working. None of my other missions crash like this. I read in the notes inside the mission zip file that the author exceeded the limits of the game engine, which can cause frame rate issues. I am getting 60 fps in most places. However, there are some places near the outside court where it dips down in the 40s. Could exceeding the boundaries of the engine also cause crashing?

Hi! I don't think so... No one has reported crashes so far.
    Maybe this has some other unknown reason... It crashes just when exiting?? Or while playing?

Try to re-load the mission anyway.

It never crashes while I'm playing, just when exiting the game.

So, I have no idea .. At least, you can play.

Maybe someone who has more knowledge about the engine could know something about...

What new Dark version are you using?
    Last edited by leconbras; 30th Nov 2018 at 21:15.

New Dark 1.25. However, I believe I might have figured this out. I was most recently playing Thief 2 in 4k resolution. I updated my video card drivers and lowered the resolution back down to 1080p and I haven't had any more crashes.
    Last edited by cavador_8; 3rd Dec 2018 at 21:29.

GTX 1080..... This explains the high frame rate even in open areas

Yeah, the lowest fps I am getting in this FM is mid 40s in a couple of spots near the outside court. That still bugs me though, seeing my fps numbers drop like that. But this mission is really well made otherwise. I can overlook a frame rate drop if it only happens in a couple of spots and if the mission is good enough. This one is excellent and I am enjoying it.

Ok, I just finished the mission and it was absolutely superb. Except for one thing... that darn parking lot! Geez, I was getting 30-40 fps in that area. Isn't there anything you could do with that parking lot to boost the frame rate? Maybe eliminate some of those lights or something? What is it about the parking lot that is causing such a massive drop in frame rate? Every other place in the mission seems ok.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast