TTLG|Jukebox|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617

Thread: Random thoughts...

Ah, sorry for misunderstanding. And please accept my condolences

A long time ago I had a friend who was planning to take his own life but showed no signs outwardly, nothing. I had no clue. If I had known, I would've talked to him. But I didn't have a clue, and then he was gone. I decided then that I would rather err on the side of caution even if it makes me look silly.

Not at all, it was my mistake to not have included this info earlier.

Thanks.
    It was my uncle, he was over 80 years and with Parkinson for a few years going on.
    It was because of him that I started my interest in electronics, he had a small TV repair shop back when they used to have tubes (thermionic valves / vacuum tubes) instead of transistors and integrated circuits.

I heard on NPR this morning that Hungry Valley burned. Over 12,000 acres. It confused me because I thought it mostly desert. How do you burn sand? I guess the tumble weed and low chaparral was enough to keep it going with a strong wind. This is me back in 98 after a day of dirt biking there in Gorman.

Have ever sunk into a sand dune with your bike?
    Must be a horrible feeling.

Tocky - A positive spin is the flora wasn't exactly the key attraction to Hungry Valley anyway, the low density of fuel limited the intensity of the fire, the scrub will come back, and while it does there's low fire risk. I haven't checked what the weather was, but I suspect you might be on to something regarding the wind.

And not a lot of houses. There are, however, a lot in Lancaster which had a fire today and it reached all the way to avenue K burning a few houses on the way. My buddy lives on avenue L. I think avenue K is the one with the "singing road" which has the rumble strip that plays a tune. Just to the other side of K is virtually nothing and that is what it mostly burned. There are some important film locations in the area like the store Linda Hamilton stops at in Terminator and the wedding chapel from Kill Bill and it would be a shame to lose those but they are pretty far out of the main town. Still, the whole place is popcorn fart dry and ready to catch. I forget that living in swampass Mississippi.

I guess it would have gotten the place where the road scene in Psycho was shot at Hungry Valley and the end scene in Sons of Anarchy but, as you say heywood, the scrub will come back and it can't really be harmed.

I have returned. I know, no one really cares, still it feels great!

Now here are some random goats for you.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27121314151617