TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: T2 FM: Mortuos Liber Campaign V 1.2 (October 26, 2018)

The helmet can be found near a sleeping guard, which is not far from the heavily guarded gate where Garrett has to pass through. There is, of course, the direct way to there through the streets, but there are many guards there. An alternative is present, though: You can enter a house sitting in between the sherriff's estate and the street before the guarded gate, climb down a ladder, open a window and, hopefully, climb out and sneak towards the sleeping guard. I had problems with exiting through the window, however, and at least once had to take the hard way and sneak through the streets.

Is there a blackjack available in levels 2 through 4? Maybe I'm just missing where it's located. I especially hope there is a blackjack in level 2 (getting home). I will be extremely disappointed if not.

Sorry. There is no blackjack.

Sorry. There is no blackjack.
    This is so disappointing. In my opinion, taking away the blackjack and forcing the player to either ghost or go all out Rambo mode with the sword is the single worst decision any designer could make. I'll have to pass on this one.

Too bad. There is a reason I didn't add a blackjack. The thief who does this against Garrett took it from him. A bit into the mission you change to a police uniform, then you can walk around unhindered.

A bit into the mission you change to a police uniform
    It's more than "a bit." I tried playing level two and it took me quite a while to piece together all those parts of the uniform. All during that time, I was forced to ghost the mission (something I personally hate) or kill the patrolling guards with my sword (something I also do not prefer to do).

Mission 2:
    I could not find arrows to shot at the button in the armory

Are there none behind the grids?

I was not able to pick up the arrows behind the bars.
    Are those the only ones?

Loved the paintings in the asylum. That is some real artwork!

Hi I've got a question regarding recording a certain noise with the vitrola in mission one in the bedroom.

I'm playing v. 1.2, and I've played the campaign before but v. 1.1, with no issue.

The problem I'm experiencing is that the vitrola disappears from the inventory every time I start recording the noise.

I've tried to start a recording without activating the switch near the noise and It appears to record, but as soon as the contact is activated, and I activate the vitrola it disappears from the inventory

I can't recall what I did the last time I played the campaign, and I've waited a couple of minutes for the vitrola to finish the recording and reappear into the inventory

And I'm using new dark v. 1.26

Edit: I got it working; After a while the vitrola re appears.
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 8th Jan 2019 at 09:32. Reason: New information

I've got it recording a couple of times, but it doesn't say "recording" it disappears and then re appears in the inventory.

I did it like this: I've got a hard save from inside the bedroom next to the cage, and I flip the switch, and frob the vitrola inside the inventory.
    It have re appeared two times, but most of the times I've tried, the vitrola is gone after it's been frobbed to record.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post

I did it like this: I've got a hard save from inside the bedroom next to the cage, and I flip the switch, and frob the vitrola inside the inventory.
    It have re appeared two times, but most of the times I've tried, the vitrola is gone after it's been frobbed to record.
    I had no problems with Tafferpatch(us/en) version (newdark 1.25). Perhaps your using an older version of newdark. The Victrola recording switch took less then 2 seconds for me, no disappearing. Used FMsel to install, check the readme it may have spec info and known problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    And I'm using new dark v. 1.26
    oops I didn't read enough. strange, I would think then its the installer or a script quirk of v1.26, shrug.
    Last edited by user3; 8th Jan 2019 at 13:00.

@user3: Thank you for your reply, I didn't change anything in installation since playing version 1.1

Quote Originally Posted by user3 View Post
    oops I didn't read enough. strange, I would think then its the installer or a script quirk of v1.26, shrug.
    I think that your'e right - regarding a script quirk
    I reinstalled the campaign using built in FM loader (as always), with backed up save games and reloaded the save game I mentioned, and it now works as It's supposed to.

Mission 3:
    I have the hammer, gas can, and tinderbox but can't figure out the next move. Advice in the thread seems to be smash some bricks but I can't see where to do that.
    Specifics, please?

Look in the south part of the map, in one of the cells. The bricks will highlight.

b/w Spooky mansion

Please tell me the key to the lock behind the fireplace is somewhere in the mansion?
    A hint would be great

Quote Originally Posted by Acolyte6 View Post
    Please tell me the key to the lock behind the fireplace is somewhere in the mansion?
    A hint would be great
    Have you gotten into the room on second floor, with the glowing wand?

Ok, so that comes first. Can I get a hint in to getting in there? Then I'll probably figure out the rest.
    There's no access to the basement right? What do I do with the mirror room & the Victrola?

Btw, Glada halsningar fran Florida

You have to record something with the victrola, then play it in mirror room. Then go to the bridge.

Talar du svenska? Tack, och hälsningar från Sverige

Quote Originally Posted by Beltzer View Post
    You have to record something with the victrola, then play it in mirror room. Then go to the bridge.

Talar du svenska? Tack, och hälsningar från Sverige
    Det anda jag kan komma pa att spela in ar vind klockorna pa utsidan. Det finns inget annat, val? Sorry usa keyboard. Bor i Sverige pa sommaren

Det anda jag kan komma pa att spela in ar vind klockorna pa utsidan. Det finns inget annat, val? Sorry usa keyboard. Bor i Sverige pa sommaren
    You have to record the mouse scream, on the first floor.

Smart att bara vara här i Sverige på sommaren. Just nu är det runt -10

So I got 2/4 pieces of the talisman; with body in basement locker & the fireplace.
    Can I get 2 direct spoil(s)? There's a big Dead dude with a battle axe roaming about
    now, so I would like to get outta there asap. Can I kill it?

Eller hur? 28+ i skuggan kl. 10 pa morgonen
    Var i Sverige ar du?

I'm in the cemetery region and it's pitch black. Is it intended to be so or just a bug (I'm playing under Linux through Wine so every kind of shit might happen)?
    And, if it is normal, where is the shovel or some other dig instrument?

So I got 2/4 pieces of the talisman;
    2 last parts of talisman are different. They are gems. One is on the roof in the beak of a big bird.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast