TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: THREAD OF DISAPPOINTMENT AND HATE

Thing What Kicks
    IRONY OVERLOAD

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

What's your point? The topic of some Chinese market mobile scam game is boring. The conversations around the game are what's interesting IMO.

Thing What Kicks
    This thread and its content are very much poking fun at the type of post you just made.
    That you don't get that and still posted bile in it is ironic.

Level 10,000 achieved
    No, Malf! You're gonna send him running back to my HYPE THREAD! >:|

EvaUnit, this is definitely the right thread for this!

I'm not sure there's any right thread for posting a video about Blizzard pay rates and labeling it as having to do with Diablo Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrian View Post
    I'm not sure there's any right thread for posting a video about Blizzard pay rates and labeling it as having to do with Diablo Immortal.
    The Thread of Hype seems like the natural fit for that

Level 10,000 achieved
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Chakat sex pillow
    Well, at least now they know what not to do when they release the PS2 classic. That software list is a massive missed opportunity, whatever the circumstances were that led to it being so dire. At the very least, they should have considered kludging in online store functionality so people could play whichever classics they wanted to.

Level 10,000 achieved
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulphur View Post
    That software list is a massive missed opportunity, whatever the circumstances were that led to it being so dire.
    Jim Sterling mentioned in a video yesterday that several PS games getting recent HD re-releases (Crash Bandikoot, Spyro) likely lead to their publishers not wanting those titles included in the PS classic. So that would at least explain some of the omissions.

Oh man. Trying to a pick a 20 games to go onto the ps2 classic would be a real bitch to work out. That system had excellent games in nearly every popular genre of that console generation.

To be fair, Nintendo has the advantage of most must-have titles being first party, as opposed to third party in Sony's case. Still, the quality and selection of games on Nintendo's mini consoles (the SNES Mini, in particular) no doubt has raised expectations of what a mini can and should be.

PC Gamering Smartey Man
    I <3 consoles and gamepads

Game reviewers taking bribes? Noooo, that never happens. https://twitter.com/TheKevinDent/sta...556184064?s=19

I thought game reviewers taking bribes was just Gamergate conspiracy theories? That's what you told me a few years back.

Level 10,000 achieved
    No, we told you Gamergate is a sexist harrasment campaign under the guise of "ethics in journalism", not that reviewers taking bribes is a thing that's never happened.

That said, what is this 95/100 review? I'm not seeing it on metacritic, for any of the platforms.

Most ineffective bribery eva.

FNAF in Alien.

All the hype. Fox talking about expanding Amanda Ripley's story by simply saying she is the protagonist in completely unconnected, unrelated arcade arcs.

What ever Cold Iron is working on has to do a shit ton of amazing things to make up for this garbage.

I feel like Alien is one of those franchises that needs to be rescued from it's creators, except that the fanbase for the most part is just as awful in how they think it should proceed.
    At least whatever camp you are in, you can agree this is shit.

Quote Originally Posted by N'Al View Post
    Most ineffective bribery eva.
    Not only that, almost every reviewer panned the game. Which would mean that, as a whole, game journalists are some of the most ethical people out there as far as bribery is concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Volitions Advocate View Post
    I feel like Alien is one of those franchises that needs to be rescued from it's creators, except that the fanbase for the most part is just as awful in how they think it should proceed.
    At least whatever camp you are in, you can agree this is shit.
    Read the expanded universe stuff from the Bantam books. 100x better than anything that's come out since Alien 3 (and even A3 was a mixed bag). Some damn fine Predator stuff in there as well.

Resurrection >>>>> A3. A truly fantastic comedy.

Skip Resurrection and just read the book "Aliens - Earth Hive".

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Aliens / Predator is very much like Star Wars, where the expanded universe stuff is far superior to the later movies we'd get much later on. In the books, Earth gets taken over by the Xeno's entirely. Those of humanity on Earth that survive escape on space ships. Then the battle to retake Earth begins. That if done in an Aliens movie would be EPIC (if it's done by James Cameron, otherwise it'll be terrible).

Quote Originally Posted by icemann View Post
    Skip Resurrection and just read the book "Aliens - Earth Hive".

Wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better.

Aliens / Predator is very much like Star Wars, where the expanded universe stuff is far superior to the later movies we'd get much later on. In the books, Earth gets taken over by the Xeno's entirely. Those of humanity on Earth that survive escape on space ships. Then the battle to retake Earth begins. That if done in an Aliens movie would be EPIC (if it's done by James Cameron, otherwise it'll be terrible).
    IIRC that book was originally a direct sequel to Aliens, and the protagonists were Newt and Hicks, so I think you could say skip Alien 3. When Alien 3 became a thing, they renamed the characters and scrubbed references to the prior movies to decouple it.

Quote Originally Posted by Starker View Post
    Not only that, almost every reviewer panned the game.
    I distinctly remember reading a review when it came out that was overwhelmingly positive, and also said nothing beyond what was known from trailers, which made it sound like it had been written without actually playing the game. I'll need to see if I can find it.

Also, EGM gave it a 9/10. Yeah, most reviewers panned it, but I remember there were some suspiciously positive reviews mixed in there too. I wouldn't be surprised if most have been taken down to save face.

I'm at odds with most of the alien fandom. I think the Earth War comics that you mentioned are neat, but I think it goes a bit far. I've read them twice, since they were changed and re-released after Alien 3 came out. I think Neil Blomkamp would have done a fantastic Alien movie, as long as it wasn't his script, because I am definitely one of the Alien 3 apologists supporters. But all fans everywhere seem to hate Alien 3 and Covenant, and I just can't agree with them. It might be the case where the franchise can't get going because the fans can't agree either.

But this Alien Blackout garbage is a cash grab and is so tone deaf that even if Alien fans can't agree on what they want in the next movie, they pretty much all agree "FoxNext" or whatever their video game division is called are a bunch of morons.

If you want some more great Alien stuff though, I recommend the Cold Forge novel. One of the best bits of Alien I've ever read. Also William Gibson's unproduced Alien 3 screenplay is being published as a comic now. The 3rd issue is out already and so far it's pretty awesome. And the only "true" sequel we're getting to Alien Isolation is another comic that is being released this year called Alien: Resistance. The first issue should be out next month or something. But you'd have to read Alien: Defiance to get the backstory of the character that is apparently going to be Amanda's sidekick in that one.

But fuck this alien blackout nonsense. The only reason I play FNAF is because my kids think it's awesome because they watch youtube vids. And this looks just like that.

EDIT: IMHO, the best way to get the Earth War story is to watch the Alien Theory vids. The comics were originally only inked, then re writted to change Hicks and Newt to "Wilkes" and "Billie" then coloured, and now they've been re-released coloured with the original story intact in the newest compilation graphic novel, AND it was novelized as well with the changed names. But Alien theory did some great work with the comics and made a 25 video (so far) series going through the whole thing. It's worth a watch, and the best way to see the whole story for free. He's about 3/4 of the way through the story now, I hope finishes it. https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...6h6A3GzpXIpgZD
    Last edited by Volitions Advocate; 15th Jan 2019 at 10:54.

No Alien movie has ever been good because of the writing. Even the original script is pretty much an empty shell - that movie is great because of the art and direction. As a result, I've never had the slightest bit of interest in reading an alien book.

Chakat sex pillow
    That's selling the original Alien a bit short. Its character beats are a good deal subtler than any of the subsequent movies, it does an intelligent takedown of corporate malevolence, it's one of the earlier movies to put a woman front and centre in an action-oriented role whilst not trading away her smarts, the psychosexual symbolism is baked into the prologue well before the alien comes into play (the entire descent into the Space Jockey ship can be viewed as a metaphor for penetration and conception), and Ash's dispassionate tirade on human flaws all on its own shows that there's some fairly strong writing in there. It's a well-balanced story with multiple threads that come together at the end - none of the movies after it juggled all those things at the same time with the same precision; or in the case of Prometheus and A:C, tried and failed (spectacularly) to match the sharpness of Alien's bleak original vision.
    Last edited by Sulphur; 15th Jan 2019 at 12:26.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast