TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A completely new version of "Melancholy in Porto" for T2 25-11-18

Thanks for this Pedro will play it today! Enjoyed it the first go round and I thought there could have been more to it.

Thanks again you are one of my favorite authors!
    pwl

Hope you enjoy this version pwl.

Here's some differences as example between the old and the new version;

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Last edited by Cardia; 28th Nov 2018 at 10:44.

Just finished Great job Pedro!! The dolls were beautiful but kinda spooky haha!!

Thanks for your hard work.
    pwl

You´re welcome pwl, i´m glad you liked it

Great rework, thanks Cardia. I have played (and enjoyed) the earlier version of this mission a few times already, so it is a nice surprise seeing and playing it in a modified version now. It indeed looks much better now and, just like FTM Life, I highly appreciate the sunny Portugal setting and the melancholic atmosphere.

The music is fine, but I must admit that I enjoyed it more without the additional pieces. To me the new tracks seem too uneasy and noisy to fit into the melancholic setting. But that's just my personal taste (and maybe it's because I'm already used to only the two tracks from the earlier version of this mission).
    I like the idea of adding more music, I just would have preferred some Ten and Tracer tracks instead, they worked very well in FTM Life.

Nevertheless, this mission is still one of my favourites and it's nice having it in its new version now. Obrigado!

Thank you Mirko, that's very kind of you, in the previous version i had one music "Aurora Reflect" from Ten and Tracer which i decided to use it in "FTM life", it fit so well also in "melancholy in Porto" but since i didn't wanted to repeat the music twice i decided to remove it and use two new Boc sounds which have more rhythms and work less better as ambient. But if i come across someday other tracks that fit better i might use them in this mission for the first part.

Hi Pedro. I also enjoyed the revamped version; the ambience for me was unchanged so I enjoyed both.
    What actual BoC tracks did you use in the original please as I love those tracks and have yet to fully explore the bands work.

Thanks, Duff

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
    Hi Pedro. I also enjoyed the revamped version; the ambience for me was unchanged so I enjoyed both.
    What actual BoC tracks did you use in the original please as I love those tracks and have yet to fully explore the bands work.

Thanks, Duff
    thanks Duffer, the previous version didn't have any BOC tracks, in this new version the BOC tracks i used are:

and

i decided to use new music in this version because some of the previous music i decided to use in a following mission called "FTM life" so in order to maintain some variety in both missions i decided it would be best that each one would have their own soundtracks.

i almost decided to used this music, but then maybe for a next mission:

Last edited by Cardia; 16th May 2019 at 15:36.

that song blue signal of North Korean wow ,reminds me of your missions a lot,poor guy got a no parking ticket,he is as good as dead now

Thanks Pedro, senility on my part I could have sworn the first had a soundtrack! Thanks very much for the new info, I will put it to good use.

Best wishes, John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12