TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Nov 30, 2018

Yes, a separate thread about clues and hints for these new fan missions in case you get stuck somewhere. The common title format should be called "The Thief TDP/Gold 20th Tafferversary fan mission help thread. Yes, this is the greatest Christmas present we made for everyone to enjoy hours and hours of taffing around, lol!!!

I just found a list of separate threads in the Original Post. They are available also by inspection in the Thief Fan Missions Forum, but the OP keeps them organized.

I edited my last post to remove the question.

Oh cool, thanks for letting us know. Will sure to figure out how complete the missions without struggling for hours and hours.

There is a description of the voting system for this contest in the first post, along with a link to the voting site.

Atmosphere : 1-10 points
    Gameplay : 1-10 points
    Story : 1-10 points

Or, you just give a mission up to 30 points in total without filling in the details for those 3 categories.

I am having a problem with FMSEL for TDP, installed using TFIX 1.26a. Three of the 24 mission zip files are not visible in the FMSEL list. I have the "Status=incomplete" and "Avail" buttons turned on.

The three problem files are:
    TDP20AC_a_burrick_in_a_room.zip
    TDP20AC_Catacombs-of-Knoss_v10.zip
    TDP20AC_TheWhistlingOfTheGears.zip

The procedure I used:
    download the 24 different files to F:\Download\
    count them (24)
    move the same 24 files to F:\Download\Thief 1 FMs\
    count them (24)
    start FMSEL and find only 21 of the 24 TDP20AC files listed.
    I re-downloaded the three files, and did an "fc" compare between the new and old downloads. No differences.
    I restarted my computer. No difference.

Any ideas? Could someone kindly check one of the three problem files with their copy of FMSEL?

All three of those are listed for me. All the others start with TDP20AC… and are grouped together, but those three are listed separately by their titles.

Thank you! That did it. So, to recap, the problem is that those three files have titles that are different from the ZIP file names. You can find them searching using some part of the name, like burrick, Catacombs, or Whistling. The 21 "regular" ones have TDP20AC in front of the name so they are easier to find.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Those 3 FMs have a custom fm.ini.
    Try to delete it or backup and clear fmsel.ini.

So the separate threads for every mission are updated with my directory links. Here, I would like to write one more thing so that more people could read it.

@Authors, feel free to contact me if you would like to change anything in the directory how your mission is presented. Only one guy provided a FM thumbnail - I encourage all to consider sending me a "screenshot cover", too! You can contact me with that or other information on TTLG forums, or by writing to konrad thiefguild.com

You can also suggest changes to the Briefing and Genre description of your FM entry in the directory directly by creating an account on Thief Guild site and clicking "Suggest Changes".

All TDP20AC entries are available at below permalink:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissions/?series=7455

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    25 missions (one with 2 missions).
    Actually there are three entries with 2 missions, for 27 total.

Praise The Builders!

I have a question about voting system. Is the final score for each mission going to be divided by the number of votes they receive? Because let's say I only end up playing 12 missions and I don't like them very much so I give them 10/30 points. This still makes them rated higher than the rest of the missions which get 0/30 points, even though they could potentially be much better.

I'm just on 3rd FM title, taking my time with these but I just got to spout some more praise and thank yous. I mean, are you taffing kidding me? It's like.... well it's like... an alternate universe where I get to replay the game again but with LGS having different mission creators. I dunno I can't convey the feeling exactly but thank you everyone!! AAAaaaa!

Issue with FM names in FMSEL list - solved

As I reported previously, three of the 24 FMs are not necessarily easy to find in the FMSEL list because their listed names are unknown initially and not preceded by "TDP20AC_".
    The three odd ZIP files are:
    TDP20AC_a_burrick_in_a_room.zip
    TDP20AC_Catacombs-of-Knoss_v10.zip
    TDP20AC_TheWhistlingOfTheGears.zip

This is not a big deal, but if you would like a consistent name list you can create it as follows:
    Search for the inconsistent name using a segment of the name, i.e., "burrick" finds "The Sound of a Burrick in a Room".
    Right click on the name found and select "Edit...".
    Delete the Display Name field (make it blank). Most (21) of the 24 FMs have this field blank already.
    Now the FMSEL list is populated by the Directory Name field, e.g., "TDP20AC_a_burrick_in_a_room".
    Repeating three times, now the FM names are all together in the FMSEL list, all preceded by "TDP20AC_"
    Last edited by smithpd; 3rd Dec 2018 at 18:24.

What if I already installed the fixer upper patch with the T2 enhancements? How will that effect my game play. It was so easy. All I did was install Thief Dark Project then the patches 102-133 exe and Tfix_1.26 exe.....one even has a loader included. How cool. Totally separate from my T2 Game. Should I be OK..already loaded one and it started fine. Just don't want to get going if its gonna crap on me.

If I'm understanding your question correctly, you're asking if T2 enhancements will affect your TDP install. The answer is no, however if you're using a Dark Project install rather than Thief Gold, you should make sure that you've got the patch that allows you to play FMs that have Thief Gold assets in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    All I did was ... and Tfix_1.26 exe
    An update, Tfix_1.26a.exe, is necesssary to run Haplo's mission. There is a link to the location of Tfix_1.26a.exe in the Original Post on page 1.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    An update, Tfix_1.26a.exe, is necesssary to run Haplo's mission. There is a link to the location of Tfix_1.26a.exe in the Original Post on page 1.
    Thanks...strange that you can start the original T1 and fan mission is only there through T loader or whatever it is that's included with the fix. Looks good...still only says 1.26 after using 1.26a...Hmmmm. Must be them grubbers took my "a"

Yeah, its them grubbers. I get the same thing. The "a" is missing both on the task bar icon and on the TDP start menu screen. The only way I can tell that 1.26a is installed is to run Haplo's mission, Darkness walk with us! If you start from a previous TFix installation, e.g., 1.26, the scripts don't load properly. In that case, Haplo was kind enough to post a warning note next to the door of the entry room, telling you to install 1.26a (or later). If you have installed 1.26a, there is no warning note next to the door.

1.26a is the version of TFix, NewDark is still 1.26 so none of the executables will show "1.26a".

Thank you for making this contest and thanks to all the authors for creating the missions. It is so good to see so many of my favourite authors builded a mission for this contest. I took some free-time from work only to have enough time to play all the missions.

Perhaps I missed some news on the forums but I really expected a contest entry by skacky and DrK.
    Didnt they participate? I thought, they replied at the Contest Announcement Thread that they will participating.
    Did they changed their minds and I did not notice it?

Is it allowed to offer some prize for the winner? I play thief from the beginning and i have some really old thief merchandise from back in the days. I really dont need it anymore. Perhaps this prize would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by czyys View Post
    I have a question about voting system. Is the final score for each mission going to be divided by the number of votes they receive? Because let's say I only end up playing 12 missions and I don't like them very much so I give them 10/30 points. This still makes them rated higher than the rest of the missions which get 0/30 points, even though they could potentially be much better.
    Missions for which you do not cast a vote do not get a 0/30 from you. Average scores will only be determined based on cast votes. That being said, we are currently discussing what might happen if a mission were only to get a few votes, as that could skew its numbers. I would encourage everyone to play and vote for as many missions as possible, since we extended the voting period to 3 full months to try and make that possible for most everyone.

Yandros, are my assumptions about what constitutes Atmosphere, Gameplay and Story categories correct? I wrote a small review in the thread of Handspiegel mission.

Looks fine to me, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post
    Missions for which you do not cast a vote do not get a 0/30 from you. Average scores will only be determined based on cast votes. That being said, we are currently discussing what might happen if a mission were only to get a few votes, as that could skew its numbers. I would encourage everyone to play and vote for as many missions as possible, since we extended the voting period to 3 full months to try and make that possible for most everyone.
    Since the voting period lasts 3 months, could you perhaps do a roundup towards the end of each month of how many votes each mission has received? (But not, of course, the value of the votes.) This will show which missions haven't had as many people play them yet, so you could call for people to move such missions higher up their lists so the numbers of votes can be more balanced.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast