TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Announcing Thief: The Dark Project 20th Anniversary Contest - Nov 30, 2018

I'm completely new to DromEd and using the FM Selector, so I need a little help. When I select a mission to install and run, everything seems to work but when I actually load Thief 2 and select the correct mission (the title of the mission is correct) it keeps telling me about the "Basso" quest. I'm not properly installing these missions.

For my Thief 2 installation, I first installed Thief 2, followed by TafferPatcher v2.08, SFX enhancement for sounds and finally the Thief 2 HD mod. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Update: It only happens with "some" of them, like Yandros's mission and a few others, but the others work perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Goethe's Ghost; 4th Dec 2018 at 11:20.

This contest is for thief gold, not thief 2 for starts.

Everything you need to know is in the OP, specifically this part:

Quote Originally Posted by Yandros View Post

• Remember that ALL these missions are for THIEF 1/GOLD. As such, do not load them with Thief 2!

I am such an idiot. Thank you.

Missions for which you do not cast a vote do not get a 0/30 from you. Average scores will only be determined based on cast votes. That being said, we are currently discussing what might happen if a mission were only to get a few votes, as that could skew its numbers. I would encourage everyone to play and vote for as many missions as possible, since we extended the voting period to 3 full months to try and make that possible for most everyone.
    Thanks, then it's basically what I hoped for. I do plan on playing every mission, was just providing an edge case scenario earlier.

first thing i did was convert them all to thief 1/g lol i knew it would try to make them thief 2

but wow over all i am super impressed with these contest missions,a good 6 of them are so amazing,the rest are real good also,will be very hard to judge ,so many amazing missions

Desperately Dodgy Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    first thing i did was convert them all to thief 1/g lol i knew it would try to make them thief 2
    I am guessing from this that you are installing them all using old Darkloader despite all the repeated warnings about it. Don't expect much sympathy if you run into installation problems with any of them. (and you probably won't this time, which will only continue to justify in your mind that it's OK to keep using it)

I am guessing from this that you are installing them all using old Darkloader despite all the repeated warnings about it. Don't expect much sympathy if you run into installation problems with any of them. (and you probably won't this time, which will only continue to justify in your mind that it's OK to keep using it)
    I never had any issues with Darkloader - was a staunch devotee for many years - but have recently converted to Newdarkloader, and honestly I am liking the new one better. Darkloader works great, but I imagine down the line with newer Newdark versions and other features added to the game, problems might arise

Problems have already arisen with NewDark missions on Darkloader and are well documented. They don't happen for everyone, obviously.

Haplo's mission will not work with the original Darkloader. It needs either FMSEL or NewDarkLoader. And, if TFix is used it needs TFix 1.26a or higher.

Station to Station has been withdrawn from the contest at the request of the author.

All previously cast votes will be discarded. Please read the contest thread if you care about the details, rather than asking here.

I still prefer old Darkloader and use it whenever it's possible. I tried Newdarkloader once, but didn't like it... perhaps I have a bad taste

So far I have had two cases when Darkloader didn't work well/at all. One was TRotB 2, where Darkloader simply crashed (probably couldn't handle the filesize of over 1 GB)

The other is Haplo's entry in this contest. Even though I installed TFix1.26a, I got the note about the scripts broken when I loaded the mission with old Darkloader. --- so anyone who uses old Darkloader and reads this... you must load this mission via a different way (in my case FMsel worked just fine)

I'm preparing brief (one-page-ish) reviews of all the contest missions as I play them, hence the question: will there be a space in the voting form to include such type of written evaluation (if so, how much space?) or do you think it's better to post them in the individual missions' threads?

there is one thing about a lot of the contest missions i noticed ,the amount of sand bags used in missions blew me away

there is one thing about a lot of the contest missions i noticed ,the amount of sand bags used in missions blew me away
    Same here, I don't know if there is a inside joke there or a coincidence limited to thief gold goodness. I was upset I couldn't take out people with them (so far that I see) in Lost Among The Forsaken.

Sandbags are perfect because you can decorate almost everything with them, and sometimes they are not used as sandbags (see: sack for a severed head, spice loot, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Sandbags are perfect because you can decorate almost everything with them, and sometimes they are not used as sandbags (see: sack for a severed head, spice loot, etc)
    Oh I was also going to say, you can mark doorways of places that you've already cleared out.

... What?

Quote Originally Posted by andyln View Post
    I'm preparing brief (one-page-ish) reviews of all the contest missions as I play them, hence the question: will there be a space in the voting form to include such type of written evaluation (if so, how much space?) or do you think it's better to post them in the individual missions' threads?
    There is space for comments/reviews on the voting page, but nothing prevents you from posting these in the mission threads if you want.

well i played and voted on all missions

and this is how i feel be sure to watch the entire 1+min so you understand how great i feel

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    Haplo's mission will not work with the original Darkloader. It needs either FMSEL or NewDarkLoader. And, if TFix is used it needs TFix 1.26a or higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Taylor View Post
    So far I have had two cases when Darkloader didn't work well/at all. [...] Haplo's entry in this contest. Even though I installed TFix1.26a, I got the note about the scripts broken when I loaded the mission with old Darkloader. --- so anyone who uses old Darkloader and reads this... you must load this mission via a different way (in my case FMsel worked just fine)
    I use the old DarkLoader and it ran without problems, I installed 1.26a before. I don't know if it was this FM or another, I only had to copy squirrel.osm from my T2 folder into T1. The trick is after copying or modifying files not to use a reload but making a fresh start.

Nevertheless I didn't end the mission, one reason were those floating lava platforms, I gave up that aera after some attempts, I want to relax while playing Thief. Then I tried several combinations crossing this kind of chessboard with these standing gargoyles, then it was too much for me, enough fiery deaths ...
    Last edited by zappen; 7th Dec 2018 at 06:21.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

well i played and voted on all missions
    Just curious how you felt about Dewinder Manor and Order of the Dew?

they were good,but there is even a better one with the "dew southern savage" in The Whistling of the Gears ,see if you can find me in mission

i will not be expecting dewdrop till t2 anniversary contest

I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have an error and it is only showing in the contest fan missions. So I thought there might be some kind of correlation with exemplary gamesys provided by Skacky or maybe something else...

Do you guys know what it could be?

Error in Downtowne Funk:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/media/upl...ump000.png.jpg

Same error in AETWARD:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/media/upl...ump013.png.jpg

I that happens when the texture is present, it's not flagged as missing via using the gorge, but cannot be loaded. I'm not sure what the real issue is but I would have solid white and black with "Keeper of Infinity, 2" because my system was just low in memory. But going off that, you would have to have a terrible system considering how low in memory those FMs are. Sorry I hope I didn't make the matter more confusing.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast