TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission An Enigmatic Treasure with a Recondite Discovery (11/30/2018)

@ Unkillable Cat

The key you want is found back in the Mages Guild.

Big Hint: Double check the teleport room

There are 3 secrets
    One in Warehouse B
    2 in the Mage's Guild. Check all of the footlockers

I have a problem with obtaining Hand of Fate.

After obtaining it the room is getting locked. I tried to sneak to the side of the room, but that's impossible. After exploring Mage Guild when I stood on the tile near the fountain, I got randomly teleported to the side of Statue Room. Unfortunately it was an empty side of this room. But now I have no idea how to recreate that. I also checked previous posts and it was noted that the object to replace Hand of Fate is in Training Room. I checked it but I found nothing. So what's the solution to get out of the Statue Room with Hand of Fate?

EDIT: So I managed to beat the mission, but still I have no idea what's with random teleportation.
    Last edited by Galaer; 3rd Dec 2018 at 04:43.

@ Galaer

Knock out a guard or a mage and take his body with you to the room of statues. Now grab the Hand of Glory and place the body on the side tile near the entrance of the room. You will be teleported to another side part of the room, and then just stand one of those tiles and you are moved to the fountain.

Directory entry:
    https://www.thiefguild.com/fanmissio...dite-discovery

@GORT

Congrats on having a FM thumbnail in your FM ZIP! It makes a "screenshot cover" in my directory now. If you are willing to change it, feel free to contact me directly.

I didn't found any plot introduction in your readme, however. In case you would like to add one to the directory, please write to me and I will add it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    @ Galaer

Knock out a guard or a mage and take his body with you to the room of statues. Now grab the Hand of Glory and place the body on the side tile near the entrance of the room. You will be teleported to another side part of the room, and then just stand one of those tiles and you are moved to the fountain.
    Tried this, doesn't work. I can't passed the statues, I'm constantly transported back to the start.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Lee View Post
    Tried this, doesn't work. I can't passed the statues, I'm constantly transported back to the start.
    First of all, have you pressed the red button before the entrance?

The unconscious body needs to be placed on the teleportation tile near the entrance, to the right.

It worked for me, but maybe it's just a bug exploitation on my side?
    Last edited by Aemanyl; 3rd Dec 2018 at 10:38.

I have figured out my problem with random teleportation: go to the fountain, stand on stone tile and you get teleported. This is one time event though. So it's impossible to do it twice in a row.

This is really huge mission. It took me 4 hours to beat. There is a lot of creativity (like changing areas when you have Mage Bracelet). I like guard placement and some surprise stuff (like chest with spiders or very fast opening and closing metal gate near a fountain which scared me a little). This is really well designed level, but there were few things I didn't like:

1. Lack of loot. Does Gort hate loot? There was many places in the mission that begged for placing there some loot. Currently most of optional paths are just empty dead ends. In bigger buildings there is a lot of empty rooms. If there is loot in the room then most of the time it is just one piece of loot and nothing else. I only saw two rooms in this huge mission with more than one piece of loot. What a generosity?

2. Random cutscene after leaving opera. It is 1 second long cutscene showing entrance to the opera. It really confused me. I checked opera again, but didn't find any change. Maybe it supposed to play when I was entering the opera and somehow I skipped that. I don't know.

3. Background door randomly opens with no indication and no reason. Player must know that something like that happened. It would be really good idea to have some scroll explaining why are you doing to the warehouse area. But there is nothing. This is another thing that really confused me.

4. I had random short slowdowns. Maybe my computer couldn't handle this mission. But this never happened before.

5. For some reason my discoveries count in Mage Guild starts from 2 when I get spotted. Unless maybe when I get spotted first time I don't get info about that. Maybe that's a case.

Quote Originally Posted by Aemanyl View Post
    First of all, have you pressed the red button before the entrance?

The unconscious body needs to be placed on the teleportation tile near the entrance, to the right.

It worked for me, but maybe it's just a bug exploitation on my side?

I have the same problem. Look at the body - I managed to place it. But myself I cannot reach any of the plates, since the statues on the picture see me. And I have pressed the button before entering.

https://imgur.com/a/mpc8aYq

Ummm... There is a clue that tells what you guys are suppose to use instead of a body. The clue is in a book in the spellcasters classroom.

BTW: You'll need to get to the side areas of that room by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Ummm... There is a clue that tells what you guys are suppose to use instead of a body. The clue is in a book in the spellcasters classroom.

One thing is for sure then - it is a must to have hardsaves in this level or you can be stuck for ever

Quote Originally Posted by GORT View Post
    Is there a clue somewhere ?
    I tried everything rope-arrows, speed-potions, ... closing my eyes ... to no avail.

I didn't find a clue during testing.

For one side: Teleport in from the fountain then step backwards. Repeat until you get to the chest.

For the other: There is a switch by a statue upstairs. Then run downstairs.

Just done this Mission on Expert (think I deserve a pat on the back for that one!) and I got a bit stuck too in the Hall of Statues but reading what GORT said helped a lot

Ended up with one Secret in the end (I didn't know you could have them in a T1 Mission).

Overall this was a great challenge and the latter half of the FM made me think outside the box which was very enjoyable!

Thanks GORT for this FM!

Well I seem to be totally stuck in the Room of Statues

wow took me over 1 hour to figure out how to start mission great job

getting deeper into mission and wow
    Last edited by downwinder; 4th Dec 2018 at 18:27.

Well, for anyone who has trouble with the Room of Statues:

First, you need to obtain a certain bag from a class room,
    next, you got to have the key for the statue room and open it and then push the button,
    then you need to follow the route where the statues don't see you, and get the hand of fate and put the bag to the place where the hand of fate was

Pretty close to the end and pretty confused I am.
    Basicly I am just searching for the key to the store-room in the warehouse.
    So, the manager had sent out a spy to retrieve it back from the hammers?
    That would be the rogue knight who is lingering around the golden skull, I assume.
    My objectives said to pick up anything he might have dropped.... but there wasn't anything at all.
    Searched his bed to no avail either.
    fortuni said that the key in question would be in the teleportation room. So, the Room of Statues it is in?
    Can't find it there either. Searched high and low without success.

Hint please? As I am pretty confused right now.

I have placed the hand of fate on the left side of the top floor room entrance in Mages place. I have a golden skull but don't know what to do with it. I also think I've been everywhere within the Mage place except the top floor room and the sides of the Statue Room. Also, I cannot teleport from the fountain.

Ticky, as for the golden skull - use it to unlock the blocked room with lava downstairs.

Playing Expert and ghosting, I went into the Opera and came out again, having found the poker and the poem. All hell broke loose when I came out of the opera and past the cutscene. This was caused by AI being alerted by the bodies at the opera entrance. So, I reloaded a save before the cutscene and hid the bodies inside the Opera building. Then there were no alerts and running, but many of the guards are hyper, easily alerted, and walking quite fast - double speed? They never settled down. That wood ramp you need to go up to get to the warehouse became very difficult due to the hyper guards.

Is hyper guard situation intended? Should I have hidden the bodies before entering the Opera?

Would this have happened if I had BJed all the guards before entering the Opera? Or are the fast guards spawned?

I finished it on Expert, mostly ghosting. I gave up the ghosting about 2/3 into the Mage's Guild because the routes to the fountain seemed to me impossible to ghost. In retrospect, I could have skipped it because the transporter never worked for me. Maybe it only works after doing something else first. Anyway, I finally BJed every AI I could find including the hyper guards.

A few little nits:

I could not figure out the first stanza of the poem, the bit about darkness and light. I have a bag of flares that I never had to use.

The statue room door can be unlocked (picked?) before you find the key for it, wasting time with a puzzle that doesn't work.

The button-pressing after unlocking is easy (for me) to miss. That step could be made automatic. Just unlock with the key and do the task.

Things I liked:
    Architecture;
    Map layout;
    Challenging AI;
    Puzzles;
    Your imagination;
    General sequence of game play.

Things I think could be improved:
    A lot of areas are interesting but empty of loot and unnecessary for game-play.
    No or minimal clues for the puzzles. Some other missions have stone plaques with puzzle poems on them.
    Super fast guards making the wood ramp very difficult but still possible to ghost. Can they be avoided by prior BJ, or are they spawned?
    A few more building labels in lieu of a map could help, e.g., Warehouses A and B.
    The cut scene on exit from Opera is too short. I had to replay it twice.

Your mission was a lot of fun to play. It kept me entertained for three days. Thank you GORT and the testers.

I'm stuck in the warehouse area.
    There's a ton of unpickable metal doors, but I only have two keys to Warehouse A. I've also found two lever handles, do those have to go somewhere?

So far the mission is interesting and feels a bit like a "best of" of thief areas. Sometimes the nature of the challenges and hint-giving feels slightly clumsy, for example I still don't know how I would have entered the opera if I had already used the gas bomb. Apparently there's no other entrance and you have to knock out the guards. Also what do the "weird dogs" in the purchasable hint letter refer to?

About the hint: It's a reference to the guards in the FM "The Unknown Treasure". In other words, if any of the guards see a body they will get enraged want revenge. So if you see some really fast guards, that means you didn't hid the bodies very well.

@ Lord Buffet
    You can find a letter on person that gives you a clue for an option that will help bypass the guards. Once you've read the letter, go to the yellow building located south from the starting area and then head east.
    A servant will exit the next building and head for the Opera House. He should go up to the guards and gas them out. The doors that can't be open nor picked open from the other side. There are two types of keys at the warehouse (A and B). As for the leavers in the smelter area, you'll need the Odd Poker from the Opera House. The clue is in the poem.

i loved this mission gort,but one question where is this rouge mage i have to knock out i did everything else

I eventually found out I already had the second key. It just wasn't in the same inventory area as the other keys. Probably picked it up from a guard some time.

Cool mission overall, especially the last act. Ghosting had just the right difficulty and wasn't as annoying as I feared when reading the mission objective. I thought the small carpet spots specifically made to skip around on were hilarious and handy.

@downwinder He's on the balcony to the left, when you enter the opera. Hanging out at the cage with the golden skull. If you already knocked him out you'll have to remember where you hid his body...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast