TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDP20AC Mission An Enigmatic Treasure with a Recondite Discovery (11/30/2018)

Where might I find the keys to the Hall of Statues and the lock near the golden skull?

ty i would have never known it was him

Where can I find more information to enter the mage's guild?

And where do I have to drop the rogue mage knight? I tought in the sleeping room beside the training area, but nothing happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Buffet View Post
    Ghosting had just the right difficulty]
    Glad to see another ghoster here. I am curious to know whether and how you were able to ghost the route to the fountain. I thought that was impossible, but maybe I missed something. Were you playing in Expert per the Official Ghost Rules?
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=148523
    I'm also curious as to whether you encountered the fast guards. They are a significant ghosting challenge at the wood ramp. Now I know how to avoid their creation, but I was too far into the mission to want to backtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by PsymH View Post

And where do I have to drop the rogue mage knight? I thought in the sleeping room beside the training area, but nothing happens.
    A clue was given that the mage's guild is in the Opera. When in the Opera, I believe you have a clue to go to the Warehouse and to accomplish something concerning melting an item and then to come back with another item. When you come back to the Opera with that item, you will find the guild easily.

The rogue guard has to be placed on a specific bed. A clue as to which bed is found in that bunk room.

Where is the key to open up the grey locked doors in the warehouse. I guess one of those doors will be the spot where I need to heat up the poker.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

i am pretty sure gloria its on a guard walking around somewhere in warehouses,do you have a and b key?

i am curious how many moss arrows can be found?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i am pretty sure gloria its on a guard walking around somewhere in warehouses,do you have a and b key?

i am curious how many moss arrows can be found?
    I found two moss arrows in the warehouse.
    Thanks, I will look further.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    A clue was given that the mage's guild is in the Opera. When in the Opera, I believe you have a clue to go to the Warehouse and to accomplish something concerning melting an item and then to come back with another item. When you come back to the Opera with that item, you will find the guild easily.
    Many thanks smithpd for you answer. But I'm not sure if we understand us correctly. I've already found the silver bracelet and the entrance to the Mage Guild. But the goal is still marked as unfinished.

But the goal is still marked as unfinished.
    I am not sure what goal you are referring to. Playing in Expert there is an objective to melt the poker to gain entrance, which amounts to making the silver bracelet. That is checked complete when you make the bracelet. There is no objective to enter the Mage's guild. There are other objectives once inside. And, referring to your original question, you requested "information to enter the mage's guild." Since you have already entered, it is not clear what information you need.

Maybe it is different at other skills. If so, I can't explain why some objective that I don't have is not checking off.

And where do I have to drop the rogue mage knight? I tought in the sleeping room beside the training area, but nothing happens.
    If I remember correctlyYou have to pickpocket a scroll a woman is carrying. She is walking in the side street near the beginning of the mission.
    Drop the rogue knight on the top bunk near the door, but read the letter in the locked box next to the bunk first.

Many thanks. Yes, it was the woman. The strange thing about this mission is that the unconscious disappear after a while or a certain event. So I had several people piled on a pile and now all of a sudden it's gone - but a wallet is floating in the air. At first I couldn't find the scroll, so I had to cheat with DromEd. In fact, the servant disappeared completely, but the scroll was still there, thank God. Of course, where I didn't look. With that I was finally able to complete the mission. After almost 4 hours.

My conclusion: The atmosphere and the size were fantastic. But in terms of gameplay, less would have been more. Some things I'm almost desperate about.

I'm done with this one. Too difficult for me even on normal. Discovered through walls practically. Useless water arrows since all is lit pretty good and any torches suddenly relight themselves in seconds. Pretty much zero moss arrows (only have 2) in a huge tap dancing studio where the mages are. There just comes a point where the balance of fun and irritation favor irritation and for me this is such a mission. My hats off to anyone who actually enjoyed this sadistic mission. Even the infamous "Elevator Mission" was much easier. I'm not cutting this down. Its got great layout and the idea is great and very much Thief. And some cool new stuff. I just couldn't enjoy it anymore. Been playing for hours and from what I'm reading there is a long ways to go. It just shouldn't be this hard on normal. Why have tons of arrows the player cant use and hardly any that would be very handy? Am I missing a huge pile of moss arrows someplace? Its the only mission I ever played that I would have actually loved to finish, but just threw my hands up due to lack of usable resources and frustration and I've played 100s and 100s. I guess its a matter of taste. Some people like Steven King. Some don't. Thanks to Gort anyhow for his contribution.

The morning after. Mission gave me nightmares. I was in the mission constantly being discovered and fearing for my life. Id wake up and go back to sleep...more Thief dreams. Wow...lol. Never had that happen. Quite an impact it made.
    Last edited by Lightningline; 11th Dec 2018 at 12:04.

This was a hardcore mission as Gort explained in his readme. I went into this knowing that I may not finish it if it got too frustrating. I was surprised that I not only finished, but enjoyed it from beginning to end. It certainly was challenging (even at normal difficulty). The AI behavior was highly unpredictable which added to the challenge and immersion. I felt that I had just enough resources to get me through.

Thanks Gort !!!

From what I'd heard of this mission, I'm surprised that I finished it on Expert in one sitting without having to ask for any hints. It beat me very nearly into submission at several points though, especially the lava room (which I thought was almost hard to the point of being unfair). By the end, I ended up with the single largest body dump I've ever created, with the entire population of the streets, opera house, and a great deal of the mage's guild all dropped over a fence into someone's yard. I had over 80 KOs by the end. I wasn't counting how many ended up in the dump, but I'd estimate somewhere around 50-60 people all piled up in the same spot. It was a sight to behold.

Despite how good it looks aesthetically, I'm inclined to say that both the opera house and mage's guild at least border, if not cross the line for tile abuse. I think I came across 6 moss arrows in the entire mission, and it feels like more than half the floors are tile. Still, at the end of the day I enjoyed myself. I bow before the might of anyone who can ghost this mission.

Also, that chest full of spiders was just cruel.
    Last edited by McTaffer; 14th Dec 2018 at 01:14.

Am i facing a bug? i have steal the odd poker, the objective did tick off, but there's nothing in my inventory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123