TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

How do you get the hand I'm at tower with strange pink creatures. I have gotten to the top where the hand is but it will not highlight?
    Edit I read the obj. again and I'm in the wrong tower I guess?

Fantastic mission so far!!!
    pwl
    Last edited by pwl; 3rd Dec 2018 at 16:18.

Yes, not in the ziggurat. On expert, at least, the hand is somewhere in the Halls of Tranquility.

I have a question but I don't wish to read all the above posts as I have only just started mission 2 and I guess there is a lot to discover on my own ,so sorry if I'm double posting.

But I have found all the hidden rooms in the Hall of 100 Hero's and completed the tasks required by the floor plaque, but what does that all achieve and what I'm I meant to do with the final figure?

@fortuni Take a look downstairs.

If you're suggesting the Mathematician tomb should be open it isn't, and I've double checked all the levers, they're all in the correct position.

What am I missing?

Are you saying that you can see an effect in all 5 rooms? Are you playing on expert?
    Last edited by urgrue; 3rd Dec 2018 at 18:02.

I've been in all 5 hidden rooms, nicked the loot, frobbed all the levers, noted all the numbers and walls, got the talisman of fire and when I go down to the bottom level I keep getting killed by half invisible archers. But I did not see any noticeable changes in the 5 rooms no.

Ah. Try frobbing just 2 of the levers in each room (reset them if necessary). Use the inscription for this. Then wait in each room until something happens.

What.... like I die as evil zombie takes taffing revenge he who doth disturb one's peace.

Guess what you mean is your not meant to frob every lever, just frob specific ones in each room, and that the inscription is a clue as to work out which ones.

Grrrr I hate puzzle FM's, definitely not voting for this one.
    Last edited by fortuni; 3rd Dec 2018 at 18:43.

Quote Originally Posted by fortuni View Post
    Grrrr I hate puzzle FM's, definitely not voting for this one.
    Wait... what? This is a fantastic piece of work. Stunning in fact. You can't be serious, surely? Sorry, I meant to say "you can't be serious, fortuni?"

How do I get to the Water Shrine? I see the map is showing a possible path from the Hall of the Hundred Heroes but I found nothing.

@Taffey There is a room near the top of the ossuary with missing floorboards and pipes. It's shown on the map. Go down from there.

I have started mission 2 and just reached the tomb of the King of the Night Sun, and I've got to say, those skeleton-crayman-spiders are incredibly funny! I love them.

All contestants filled a treasure with 24 missions. This was my first mission to enjoy.

As a fan of riddles, I totally liked this jewel here. I also enjoyed the exploration in both missions. In the second mission was a lot of custom stuff and it is full of enemies that should be avoided at all cost. I took a little time to notice that these haunts tend to respawn forever. On expert, the inventory was really scarce. In combination with thesse powerful enemies and sometimes challenging, but not frustrating riddles, i would count this little campaign to the harder ones out there.

Overall, I would give it a 10/10 rating. Thank you!

I'm playing through this one again to see what I might have missed, and I have two questions.

1. Can anybody give be a BIG hint to the mathematician puzzles? I'm not even sure which room with many walls the plaque refers to.

2. Did anybody managed toavoid getting chased in the water temple? Is there any trick to prevent the sword guardians from coming to life?

@marbleman:

1. Big hint: Each of the five secret rooms has a different number of walls. Bigger hint: Flip only the levers in each room that add up to the number of walls in that room.

2. Not that I found.

Great missions, but I'm a bit lost at the moment, playing on Expert.

I'm in The Tower of Knoss, and I've placed all the items in the bowls, and a large white diamond appeared. I frobbed the diamond and Garret says "Here we go".

Where do I go from here?

@Woodsie1

The diamond activates an elevator in the middle of the room. It should take you up to the top of the chamber where there's a doorway that lets you proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    @Woodsie1

The diamond activates an elevator in the middle of the room. It should take you up to the top of the chamber where there's a doorway that lets you proceed.
    No elevator appears...

Am I supposed to wait for it to come down?

I am running New Dark 1,26

Great set of FMs, a nice small-ish cityscape and hammer complex followed by a very bonehoard-like experience.

A few niggles. As usual, I found loot difficult to locate, but that's probably just me. One problem I did have was both levels were far too dark - I was stumbling off ledges I couldn't see even with my screen in a dark room. Had to crank up the gamma, which kinda ruined the ambience a lot. Maybe it's just my screen though? Most missions seem to balance it so the darkest places you can still just about make out the architecture.

Also it was great to see Some of the cut creatures that were restored by Firemage a while ago. The bugbeasts were difficult though, they seemed stronger and almost seemed to teleport around the ziggurat

All in all, a fun and well-made set of missions.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    No elevator appears...

Am I supposed to wait for it to come down?
    It's invisible except for a particle effect: screenshot. To make it come down again, frob the diamond in the doorway to the tower; it doesn't make a sound when you frob it, but it does call the elevator down.

It's invisible except for a particle effect: screenshot. To make it come down again, frob the diamond in the doorway to the tower; it doesn't make a sound when you frob it, but it does call the elevator down.
    Ok somethings wrong then, because the diamond does make a sound when frobbed

Edit: Ok the diamond at the entrance doesn't make a sound, only the one in the middle, but no elevator appears...
    Last edited by Woodsie1; 5th Dec 2018 at 10:53. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsie1 View Post
    Ok somethings wrong then, because the diamond does make a sound when frobbed
    The one in the middle of the room does make a sound. The one in the doorway didn't make a sound for me, but that might be just something wrong on my end. Either way the sound isn't the important part

The one in the middle of the room does make a sound. The one in the doorway didn't make a sound for me, but that might be just something wrong on my end. Either way the sound isn't the important part
    I realize that. The missing elevator is though

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast