TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    from the beam to the metal pipe the distance is too far for Garrett. Garret sholud be Mr Bob Beamon :D
    Hah, Garrett is more above Mr Bob, especially with his Speed Potion ;) The beam jump is really simple and not too far. Maybe Your key-binds are... hmm... wrong/not accurate? I mean do You have 'sneak' instead 'run' as bind for 'forward'?

sorry but Garret can only stand this small wooden beam and cannot take a startup . he has to jump off the cuff without any startup

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    sorry but Garret can only stand this small wooden beam and cannot take a startup . he has to jump off the cuff without any startup
    So, it is probably Your not so good abilities to move at the 'edge of knife' surfaces and do jumps from it. You need to find another route then. There is two of them (but probably one, because the second one is like one-way only). Try somewhere in 1st floor when guard patrolling. There is characteristic triangle-type room with double-doors, but I don't remember correctly where to go ;D Be vigilant, be observer and You will find the Armory - remember it is high ;) If You do not succeed, write about it, I'll try to give You more specific informations :)

EDIT: Otherwise You may achieve this point (pipes) from window in Doctor's place and also from balcony near by.
    Last edited by Mat99; 15th Dec 2018 at 01:14.

Well I'm stuck at the beginning of mission 2 and as usual I'm probably missing something obvious.
    I suppose i need to find a key to open the locked door next to the chapel, but i simply CAN NOT find it.
    Please spoil me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Elusive One View Post
    I suppose i need to find a key to open the locked door next to the chapel, but i simply CAN NOT find it.
    Please spoil me.
    Check the skeleton's hand carefully :)

Thanks Mat99. I feel quite embarrassed about missing something that obvious.

Ended this double FM after more than 2+3 hours playing on level hard and looted 2628/3398 respectively 4673/4973, that's not bad at all at least for the 2nd part. Seems I must have been nearly everywhere in that 2nd map.

The first town mission was nice with new architecture elements. Since I didn't know what sort of gameplay would ecpect me I spared most of the guards in order to let them fight for me in the catacombs later but that turned out to be a seperate undead mission. However, like that I had enough ammunition for later.

The second part had many effects that I have never seen in other FMs before, first I thought I had to die in that labyrinth but then I managed to find the book and was glad that after having fulfilled the final objective the exit was not far away.

Great FM!
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

BANNED
    Pretty good. Large missions, not a lot of stumping on objectives if you explore. Had some unique visuals in the way you did architectural things inside the tombs. Some custom things but not an overload. I really liked it compared to a lot of other crypts style missions that are often overloaded with mandatory hard-to-find secret type stumbling blocks.

I have a problem with mathematician's sums. On top floor there is no two levers that make the sum, there is just only one. I flipped two levers making all combinations and none results.

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post
    I have a problem with mathematician's sums. On top floor there is no two levers that make the sum, there is just only one. I flipped two levers making all combinations and none results.
    And from where did You get an information it MUST be TWO? Ha? ;)

I flipped two levers making all combinations and none results
    LOL :D So now try only one on top level ;)
    Last edited by Mat99; 12th Jan 2019 at 20:41. Reason: typo

I'm in mission 2 and stuck in the Hall of the Hundred Heroes. I already collected the loot and the fire talisman, met the ghost-archers, but also read in this thread about 5 secret rooms. I don't see anything similar to secret rooms or plagues, can you give me any hint?

Also, the only talisman I miss is the water one.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    I'm in mission 2 and stuck in the Hall of the Hundred Heroes. I already collected the loot and the fire talisman, met the ghost-archers, but also read in this thread about 5 secret rooms. I don't see anything similar to secret rooms or plagues, can you give me any hint?
    Did you buy the tip with the "information about the catacombs that can make you rich"? If so, read it again: it gives you a hint where to start looking.

If not: then you really shouldn't know about this secret But since you asked, I'll help: one of the hundred has a hidden lever that you must find. There's quite a lot of tombs to search, so I'd recommend being methodical: start at the top and work your way along each of the tombs there searching carefully, then go down to the next floor, and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Did you buy the tip with the "information about the catacombs that can make you rich"? If so, read it again: it gives you a hint where to start looking.

If not: then you really shouldn't know about this secret But since you asked, I'll help: one of the hundred has a hidden lever that you must find. There's quite a lot of tombs to search, so I'd recommend being methodical: start at the top and work your way along each of the tombs there searching carefully, then go down to the next floor, and so on.
    Thank you! Will start looking it. So it is a secret, and not essential.

Otherwise, I managed to continue the mission and now feel so stupid.

I collected all the talismans and headed to the area where all the towers are with body parts of Knoss. In each tower, I can navigate, but cannot find a way to get or even find the relevant body part. For example, it was easy to navigate through the tower where you have to listen to the higher pitch music. Or in the "dead thoughts" place, I can run back and forth, and on the top floor I see a portal like thing, but cannot do anything with it. But according to the objectives I need to collect body parts from these towers.

Have you guys got any suggestions?

Thank you! Will start looking it. So it is a secret, and not essential.
    Correct.

I collected all the talismans and headed to the area where all the towers are with body parts of Knoss. In each tower, I can navigate, but cannot find a way to get or even find the relevant body part. For example, it was easy to navigate through the tower where you have to listen to the higher pitch music. Or in the "dead thoughts" place, I can run back and forth, and on the top floor I see a portal like thing, but cannot do anything with it. But according to the objectives I need to collect body parts from these towers.
    For the tower of doors (the one with the music): you're on the right track, just go farther. You'll know when you've reached the top floor. If you're having trouble telling apart the floors, look at the middle of each room. There's a floor for each of fire, earth, water, and air before you get to the top.

For the tower of dead thoughts— Hint: What contains dead thoughts? Bigger hint: what's all around you in this tower? Look closely.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    And from where You have information that it MUST be TWO? Ha?

LOL So now try only one on top level
    of course I tried that, but didn't work. there wasn't the same effect like on the others rooms.

Quote Originally Posted by caqo View Post

LOL So now try only one on top level
    of course I tried that, but didn't work. there wasn't the same effect like on the others rooms.
    Ouu... that's new... And You are 100% sure other levers in THIS room are in default positions? If so, then I don't know why it's happen :( Maybe You need to reload before any of levers was moved in all THOSE rooms. If You have a savegame before whole action. I mean just after the rooms was exposed/opened. IIRC there has always been a way to "show blue particles" when a mess with levers was made. And... silly question, but it is just to be sure: Are You sure You count the walls properly in this room? ;)
    Last edited by Mat99; 20th Dec 2018 at 02:55.

This is a very brilliant mission! I've enjoyed every bit of this mission, however I ruined it for myself... After collecting several items I quicksaved right after dying, and I have only one other early save.

I can't get the tower of silence puzzle. I see that each elemental mage "died" in a way by its own element, but can't really guess what to do here in order to get his eye.

I see a possible solution from a broken balcony - but I am on expert and literally did not see any rope arrows since the very beginning of the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Ouu... that's new... And You are 100% sure other levers in THIS room are in default positions? If so, then I don't know why it's happen Maybe You need to reload before any of levers was moved in all THOSE rooms. If You have a savegame before whole action. I mean just after the rooms was exposed/opened. IIRC there has always been a way to "show blue particles" when a mess with levers was made. And... silly question, but it is just to be sure: Are You sure You count the walls properly in this room?
    After reloading from start I can confirm that the level is buggy, lever system went to hell. At restarting the level I went directly to that room and first I checked the start position of the levers, all was off, then I moved the 5 one and blue particles appeared, so, there is an issue with my game. check it if you can downloading my quick savegame here, it's just at the entrance of top room. Anyway, I guess that there is no trouble finishing the level without the chisel, right?

ticky, look for another balcony on the Tower of Silence.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    ticky, look for another balcony on the Tower of Silence.
    Thanks! Wow, that wasn't exactly obvious.

BANNED
    Thanks! Wow, that wasn't exactly obvious.
    Well, it depends. The basic Thief 1/2 don't really offer a lot of training for players to think vertically, really. The rope/vine arrows and even just climbing things to get upwards to somewhere you'd think at first glance you can't get to are very underused in the original games. That's why I'd say a lot of these 20th anniversary contest missions are for advanced players. Some of them are quite complex in this regard, almost as much as for example the first mission of "The Chalice of Souls."

Finished this two-parter on normal difficulty without needing any hints and after completing the following bonus objectives: Ouroboros, Golden Skeleton, Chisel. Got above 4100 loot, which according to the debriefing screen is not too bad for a first run. I feel pretty satisfied with my performance. All puzzles were very well designed, not too obtuse, and I was able to solve them on my own.
    Last edited by <Username>; 25th Dec 2018 at 09:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    Was that bleeding skull killable?
    Here is what happened to me:
    The skull had noticed me, so I hid behind a pillar. Just when I activated a holy water bottle (thinking holy water arrows would damage it), the skull came around the pillar and fired at me. I took 4-5 damage - and the skull was so close that it also caught some of the blast. Then it sank down to ground level and didn't bother me any more...

This set of mission was a tasty treat for me. City in mission 1 is tight, but the vertical aspect makes it far more interesting than I thought at first. Also, the cathedral is pretty darn big and impressive.

Second mission is awesome, IMO. I had so much fun collecting all the body parts. Favourite moment: the animated-bones-necromancer that pulled the lever, then fell apart into a yummy pile of loot.

Missed 440 loot in mission 1 and 535 loot in mission 2. Must have been well hidden, since it really felt I had been everywhere in both missions...

I managed to backstab the first floating lantern. It sank to ground level and stayed there. Don't remember what sound the hit made but there was some sound. No interaction happened with any other lantern, other than bumping into them.

I totally misunderstood the Hall of 100 Heroes puzzle. I took it that the sum of the numbers of activated levers should be the same in all five rooms. So I wrote them down and found that the sum of 19 was possible to match in all rooms. I did note that there is one more wall in the room the further down you go but didn't give that fact the significance it apparently deserved.
    Last edited by jiansonz; 29th Dec 2018 at 13:12.

I've just finished the campaign. An insane (=fantastic) package of missions, especially the 2nd one, where I missed more than 1700 loot. I also misunderstood the Mathematician's puzzle. Have been through like 5 variants of possible solutions, but when none worked, I have almost given up. I went to a walk and then tried again. The reward was... well, like Garrett said... duh.

I got a lot of agoraphobic feelings, especially in the tower, similar to Bonehoard, with many zombies. . When I realised I had to collect bones in such a big space, I was terrified, because I thought it would take me ages.

And funny things, which happened due to my blind frobbing in Mission 2:

- I was actually able to open a back passage of Knoss tomb from the other side at the very beginning but I soon realised this is not a supposed way to enter it.
    - With the same method I was able to open the door behind invisible warriors in the lowest level of Hall of the Hundred heroes, which leads to the Water shrine.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast