TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

Just wanted to say, this mission was terrific! I had a blast playing through it-- ESPECIALLY part 2. It ended up being way more vast than what I had imagined. A few things:

- The frozen-in-time mage battle was amazing (a-MAGE-ing, UH HAH! *knee slap* *I hate myself*). I wish there was more about their expedition! Mages are one of my favorite Thief factions, I love reading about those weirdos!
    - The new enemies were equal parts creepy and...kind of hilarious. Those skeleton spiders made me go from WHA-THE-F***-IS-THAT to all out laughter so fast.
    - I appreciate that, despite the heavy Bonehoard influence, the mission really went in its own direction design-wise. There was that big area that was a straight up tribute, but it didn't overstay its welcome (and the payoff with the goofy golden skeleton man opening the gate for you was 1000% worth it).
    - I'm too dumb for the Mathematician puzzle.
    - Everyone is going to be talking about Mission 2, but Mission 1 had some terrific moments also. I loved the bag on the desk across from the sleeping thug that's just ominously dripping blood.

Really well done, thanks for releasing it!

The Easter Egg (The Unbearable Lightness of Being) was awesome! I laughed so hard Great job!

Cool mission!

Wow. I'd like to congratulate whomever made this mission. What a clever way of using game physics, too, or at least that's what I thought when I tried what I thought was the only way out of the Musician's tower -- climbing on the roof and getting thrown on by back on the sloping roof opposite and gliding down without taking any damage. In fact, as I found out an hour later, all I needed to do was look at the window… Really cool use of the vertical dimension in game play.

I just finished this mission on expert. It took me about 5 hrs altogether, and I would have been faster if I had just looked out of all the windows a bit more carefully. 1000 gold short of total, though! And I didn't have to take a peek at this thread either The only thing I didn't get was the Mathematician's puzzle. I found the rooms alright but I thought the code was a 5 number pin code. Then I read here that you're supposed to just add the numbers up. I don't get it. The first room had 3, 6, 5 and 8. I know that 5 was correct (as I said I thought it was a pin code) because of the blue glimmer effect. But if I add the numbers up, it's 22!.

Ok, stuck at the start of mission two, can not open the door that is locked near the start, NM found the key, was not easy to spot.
    Last edited by Lord Soth; 26th Feb 2019 at 16:00.

Master Builder 2018
    Brilliant mission!! I absolutely loved the gameplay and puzzles. May your future FM submissions be plentiful

Master Builder 2018
    Wow, this was stunning. Probably my favorite mission of the contest. So many good entries in this contest, but I think I had the most fun with this one.

I searched the whole Ziggurat of Elders. I can't find Ouroboros.
    Where is it?

Edited out initial post: Just checked all my saves for the item and cannot find head nor tail of it - sorry.
    Last edited by Duffer; 12th Mar 2019 at 07:59. Reason: On the wrong track

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    I searched the whole Ziggurat of Elders. I can't find Ouroboros.
    Where is it?
    2nd edit! Found a hard save close to your objective.

Hint:
    spoiler:
    Uppermost tier

Outright Spoiler
    spoiler:
    on the back wall inside the room on the uppermost tier

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
    2nd edit! Found a hard save close to your objective.

Hint:
    spoiler:
    Uppermost tier

Outright Spoiler
    spoiler:
    on the back wall inside the room on the uppermost tier

You mean the room with four statues?
    I see nothing.

What difficulty are you playing on? It's not there on Expert.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    What difficulty are you playing on? It's not there on Expert.
    I'm playing on Expert

Ah! That's sneaky! And to be expected I suppose....

I always run through on Normal/easy so that I have more time to admire the game design and architecture . I was about to run through on higher difficulty when I spotted Christine's Raven Creek which I had somehow missed.

I will try a run through on Expert asap but hopefully someone will assist you very soon Vera, there cannot be many hiding places in the
    spoiler:
    Ziggurat area
    it's so small?

Is it somewhere else on Expert or does it not exist at all on that difficulty?
    I've also been trying to find it with no luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Duffer View Post
    Ah! That's sneaky! And to be expected I suppose....

I always run through on Normal/easy so that I have more time to admire the game design and architecture . I was about to run through on higher difficulty when I spotted Christine's Raven Creek which I had somehow missed.

I will try a run through on Expert asap but hopefully someone will assist you very soon Vera, there cannot be many hiding places in the
    spoiler:
    Ziggurat area
    it's so small?
    Thanks you very much for answers.
    The Ziggurat area, especially the tower isn't too big. Expert difficulty is dependent on authors. This difficulty usually has more areas, more objectives, more secrets to find and more enemies and so far.

It doesn't exist at all on Expert. Basically it's only there to give that area a reason to exist on Normal and Hard. On Expert, you have body parts to collect in that area instead.

Ah, that makes sense. Thanks!

It doesn't exist at all on Expert. Basically it's only there to give that area a reason to exist on Normal and Hard. On Expert, you have body parts to collect in that area instead.
    Thanks nicked, just playing through on Expert with
    spoiler:
    two body parts in the collection so far.
    Feels quite different to the first run through.

A wonderful two-parter.
    Both missions were great, I preferred mission one because I like city-roaming missions and mission 2 had too many undead (more than 2).
    That being said, those re-skinned bug beasts creep me the frell out - I will take any undead any time over those ... things

The architecture was great. The homage to the bonehoard was expertly done. Made me really want to explore every nook.
    Liked the riddle although I needed to get help in the thread because sometimes I just can't find the lever.

Loved exploring the city as well. Especially the Tower and finding all the readables about the owner.

The atmosphere was well done, with great use of ambient sounds especially in mission 2.

All this talk about the beauty of mission 2 and I can't even find the secret entrance to the lower catacombs Can anyone help me with that?

Where exactly are you stuck? Are you still in mission one, or the start of mission two?

Hall Of 100 Heroes

Hi everyone...could someone give me some pointers...I'm stuck looking for levers in the Hall of 100 Heroes...can't find them anywhere and have looked high and low. Also don't see any numbers anywhere....what am I doing wrong? I'm playing on expert. On a side note, great mission from this author ... part 1 was outstanding. Thanks!

Anyone??
    Last edited by FanofThief; 24th Apr 2019 at 19:33.

Where exactly are you stuck? Are you still in mission one, or the start of mission two?
    Thanks for replying! In mission 2, I just hit the caved in entrance and there should be an alternative way into the lower parts, but I can't find it... :'( There is a door which is locked and I don't have a key for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancalagon View Post
    I just hit the caved in entrance and there should be an alternative way into the lower parts, but I can't find it... :'( There is a door which is locked and I don't have a key for it.
    Check the skeleton's hand carefully :)

Hi everybody, this is my first fan mission and I'm loving it (the vertical level design adds so much complexity to the gameplay !). However, I did find what appears to be a bug in the 2nd mission. I'm stuck at the mathematician puzzle : the floor of every five "rooms with numerous walls" glows with blue particles like it is supposed to, except for the 2nd lowest one that doesn't. There are 8 walls in this room but if I switch the levers 7 and 1, or 4 and 1 and 3, or 5 and 3, nothing happens. Am I missing something ?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast