TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567
Results 151 to 172 of 172

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

  1. #151
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2018
    Location: Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitch View Post
    [...] There are 8 walls in this room but if I switch the levers 7 and 1, or 4 and 1 and 3, or 5 and 3, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
    Maybe that room hasn't eight walls :P
    _____________
    WANTED! Mat99 - very well known and dangerous emote-spammer, cunning and always armed in a bunch of emots in his hands - SHOT ON SIGHT!

  2. #152
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2019
    Location: Mom's basement
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Maybe that room hasn't eight walls :P
    So how many ? I only see 8, is there a hidden one or something ? ^^

  3. #153
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2018
    Location: Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitch View Post
    So how many? I only see 8, is there a hidden one or something ? ^^
    Now You are trolling for sure :) So let's continue a cat and mouse play :)
    You need to ask yourself i.e.: How did I count the walls in room above...
    _____________
    WANTED! Mat99 - very well known and dangerous emote-spammer, cunning and always armed in a bunch of emots in his hands - SHOT ON SIGHT!

  4. #154
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2019
    Location: Mom's basement
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Now You are trolling for sure So let's continue a cat and mouse play
    You need to ask yourself i.e.: How did I count the walls in room above...
    I counted the entrance wall + all the other ones. You can also count, not the walls, but the columns between them, which lead to the same number... I also tried the combinations leading to 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 walls and more, without any result.

  5. #155
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    It doesn't sound like you're missing anything - the rooms should have 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 walls, going downwards. Double check that no additional levers have been left in the wrong position. If not, it may be a bug. If you have a save file, I can take a look.

  6. #156
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2019
    Location: Mom's basement
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    It doesn't sound like you're missing anything - the rooms should have 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 walls, going downwards. Double check that no additional levers have been left in the wrong position. If not, it may be a bug. If you have a save file, I can take a look.
    https://transfernow.net/29ewu428k59g here is the save

  7. #157
    Member
    Registered: Sep 2018
    Location: Poland
    Quote Originally Posted by Vitch View Post
    First of all this is not the room You were talking about ;P For me this is 3rd lowest not 2nd ;P But OK, You didn't counted GROUND level as interesting, because it don't contains the room with numbers. I did :P Mental shortcut defeated us ;)

    Secondly in fact something is wrong :P My savegame works perfectly, Yours - don't. There is no zombie in the room. Where is it? :)

    And the question to the others is: Whether splash damage with Fire Arrows or Mines (to kill the zombie) can affected somehow to the switches and broke them? or not?

    Do You have a savegame before You touched any of switches? :)
    _____________
    WANTED! Mat99 - very well known and dangerous emote-spammer, cunning and always armed in a bunch of emots in his hands - SHOT ON SIGHT!

  8. #158
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2019
    Location: Mom's basement
    Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    First of all this is not the room You were talking about ;P For me this is 3rd lowest not 2nd ;P But OK, You didn't counted GROUND level as interesting, because it don't contains the room with numbers. I did :P Mental shortcut defeated us

    Secondly in fact something is wrong :P My savegame works perfectly, Yours - don't. There is no zombie in the room. Where is it?

    And the question to the others is: Whether splash damage with Fire Arrows or Mines (to kill the zombie) can affected somehow to the switches and broke them? or not?

    Do You have a savegame before You touched any of switches?
    I killed these taffers with fire arrows (not very Garrett-like I admit), and my last save is the one I did at the start of the mission ^^
    I'm gonna restart the mission without killing the zombies, maybe it will work.

    Thank you Mat99 and nicked for the help !

    EDIT : I restarted the mission without bombing the rooms and it worked ! Physics of this mission are really OP
    Last edited by Vitch; 4th May 2019 at 16:44.

  9. #159
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    Somehow, the QVar associated with that room in your save has got itself set to -71.

    I don't have a clue how that's happened however. :s

    I'm glad it worked upon a retry!

    If you wish to continue with this save, I've reset the QVar to 0, so it should work now. You can grab the fixed save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJG...ew?usp=sharing

  10. #160
    New Member
    Registered: Apr 2019
    Location: Mom's basement
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    Somehow, the QVar associated with that room in your save has got itself set to -71.

    I don't have a clue how that's happened however. :s

    I'm glad it worked upon a retry!

    If you wish to continue with this save, I've reset the QVar to 0, so it should work now. You can grab the fixed save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJG...ew?usp=sharing
    Oh thanks but I have just finished it haha

    This truly is a scary masterpiece, every bit of it. Very inventive and profound. [The Ziggurat of Elders might be the creepiest and most immersive part. You are the one who created it, am I right ? If so, congratulations !

  11. #161
    Member
    Registered: Jul 2006
    I've taken the "elevator" up but I'm having trouble finding the grimoire - the haunts seem to keep coming no matter how many I kill, and should I do something to the floating golden skull?

  12. #162
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    The grimoire is floating above the coffin in the centre. The haunts will keep coming indefinitely, and Knoss (the skull) cannot be killed. If everyone is alerted, you'll probably need to distract them and run, otherwise, sneaky sneaky.

  13. #163
    Member
    Registered: May 2002
    Location: Ostrava City
    Nevermind. I've found it....

    hi, I've got all needed parts of Knoss body (7 pcs - expert). But how to get to Tomb of Knoss ?
    Last edited by Aspirin; 15th Jun 2019 at 13:44.

  14. #164
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2004
    Great Fm up until now. Been running around in circles for hours looking for golden bones. I have skull , 2 legs, and one arm. apparently I need another arm and cannot find it any where. Tried putting what I have in coffin but not working need help finding other arm.

    found it. Can t believe I missed it. Finished a Great mission
    Last edited by uhai; 16th Jun 2019 at 23:51.

  15. #165
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2014
    Location: Texas

    My goodness!
    Really epic effort in this one. Both mission halves very enjoyable.
    The second half especially creative in so many ways.

    Top notch work!

    Twenty years on and people are still devoting so much to this game. Has any other game ever had such a dedicated fan base (outside of Doom and Diablo II)?

  16. #166
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2016
    A question about floating lanterns: do they react to the player in any way? Standing in front of them does nothing, and they giggle occasionally, so there is no way to tell their alerts. They can, however, be spooked by loud sounds such as arrow impacts, which make me think that they are like AIs, but I'm still not sure.

  17. #167
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    They shouldn't react to anything, they're basically will o' the wisps. If they are reacting to audio alerts, I probably messed up somewhere.

  18. #168
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    A question about floating lanterns: do they react to the player in any way? Standing in front of them does nothing, and they giggle occasionally, so there is no way to tell their alerts. They can, however, be spooked by loud sounds such as arrow impacts, which make me think that they are like AIs, but I'm still not sure.
    I think they behave like neutral NPC. In other words they will first alert to you if you are just too close to them and they will run away if they will hear something very loud. Just be quiet and stay out of their way.

  19. #169
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    They shouldn't react to anything, they're basically will o' the wisps. If they are reacting to audio alerts, I probably messed up somewhere.
    Thanks, that's good to know. Yeah, they react to noises, but it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way; it only matters for Ghosting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I think they behave like neutral NPC. In other words they will first alert to you if you are just too close to them and they will run away if they will hear something very loud. Just be quiet and stay out of their way.
    I had that idea too, but the difference is that neutral AIs become hostile when they see you use weapons. These guys don't react to you in any way. I don't think they have first or second alerts either; they always make sounds even when they don't see you.

  20. #170
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    I had that idea too, but the difference is that neutral AIs become hostile when they see you use weapons. These guys don't react to you in any way. I don't think they have first or second alerts either; they always make sounds even when they don't see you.
    I think for your ghosting you should avoid making lanterns run away. Few months ago I did casual ghost of this mission and I know it's not that hard.

  21. #171
    New Member
    Registered: Sep 2011

    Catacombs of Knoss Hand

    How do you open the gate to get the hand in part 2?

  22. #172
    Member
    Registered: Jan 2006
    Location: On the tip of your tongue.
    You need to find all the golden bones and throw them into the coffin.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •