TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Catacombs of Knoss (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Vitch View Post
    [...] There are 8 walls in this room but if I switch the levers 7 and 1, or 4 and 1 and 3, or 5 and 3, nothing happens. Am I missing something?
    Maybe that room hasn't eight walls :P

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Maybe that room hasn't eight walls :P
    So how many ? I only see 8, is there a hidden one or something ? ^^

So how many? I only see 8, is there a hidden one or something ? ^^
    Now You are trolling for sure :) So let's continue a cat and mouse play :)
    You need to ask yourself i.e.: How did I count the walls in room above...

Now You are trolling for sure So let's continue a cat and mouse play
    You need to ask yourself i.e.: How did I count the walls in room above...
    I counted the entrance wall + all the other ones. You can also count, not the walls, but the columns between them, which lead to the same number... I also tried the combinations leading to 1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 walls and more, without any result.

It doesn't sound like you're missing anything - the rooms should have 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 walls, going downwards. Double check that no additional levers have been left in the wrong position. If not, it may be a bug. If you have a save file, I can take a look.

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    It doesn't sound like you're missing anything - the rooms should have 5, 6, 7, 8 and 9 walls, going downwards. Double check that no additional levers have been left in the wrong position. If not, it may be a bug. If you have a save file, I can take a look.
    https://transfernow.net/29ewu428k59g here is the save

First of all this is not the room You were talking about ;P For me this is 3rd lowest not 2nd ;P But OK, You didn't counted GROUND level as interesting, because it don't contains the room with numbers. I did :P Mental shortcut defeated us ;)

Secondly in fact something is wrong :P My savegame works perfectly, Yours - don't. There is no zombie in the room. Where is it? :)

And the question to the others is: Whether splash damage with Fire Arrows or Mines (to kill the zombie) can affected somehow to the switches and broke them? or not?

Do You have a savegame before You touched any of switches? :)

First of all this is not the room You were talking about ;P For me this is 3rd lowest not 2nd ;P But OK, You didn't counted GROUND level as interesting, because it don't contains the room with numbers. I did :P Mental shortcut defeated us

Secondly in fact something is wrong :P My savegame works perfectly, Yours - don't. There is no zombie in the room. Where is it?

And the question to the others is: Whether splash damage with Fire Arrows or Mines (to kill the zombie) can affected somehow to the switches and broke them? or not?

Do You have a savegame before You touched any of switches?
    I killed these taffers with fire arrows (not very Garrett-like I admit), and my last save is the one I did at the start of the mission ^^
    I'm gonna restart the mission without killing the zombies, maybe it will work.

Thank you Mat99 and nicked for the help !

EDIT : I restarted the mission without bombing the rooms and it worked ! Physics of this mission are really OP
    Last edited by Vitch; 4th May 2019 at 16:44.

Somehow, the QVar associated with that room in your save has got itself set to -71.

I don't have a clue how that's happened however. :s

I'm glad it worked upon a retry!

If you wish to continue with this save, I've reset the QVar to 0, so it should work now. You can grab the fixed save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJG...ew?usp=sharing

Somehow, the QVar associated with that room in your save has got itself set to -71.

I don't have a clue how that's happened however. :s

I'm glad it worked upon a retry!

If you wish to continue with this save, I've reset the QVar to 0, so it should work now. You can grab the fixed save file here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pJG...ew?usp=sharing
    Oh thanks but I have just finished it haha

This truly is a scary masterpiece, every bit of it. Very inventive and profound. [The Ziggurat of Elders might be the creepiest and most immersive part. You are the one who created it, am I right ? If so, congratulations !

I've taken the "elevator" up but I'm having trouble finding the grimoire - the haunts seem to keep coming no matter how many I kill, and should I do something to the floating golden skull?

The grimoire is floating above the coffin in the centre. The haunts will keep coming indefinitely, and Knoss (the skull) cannot be killed. If everyone is alerted, you'll probably need to distract them and run, otherwise, sneaky sneaky.

Nevermind. I've found it....

hi, I've got all needed parts of Knoss body (7 pcs - expert). But how to get to Tomb of Knoss ?
    Last edited by Aspirin; 15th Jun 2019 at 13:44.

Great Fm up until now. Been running around in circles for hours looking for golden bones. I have skull , 2 legs, and one arm. apparently I need another arm and cannot find it any where. Tried putting what I have in coffin but not working need help finding other arm.

found it. Can t believe I missed it. Finished a Great mission
    Last edited by uhai; 16th Jun 2019 at 23:51.

My goodness!
    Really epic effort in this one. Both mission halves very enjoyable.
    The second half especially creative in so many ways.

Top notch work!

Twenty years on and people are still devoting so much to this game. Has any other game ever had such a dedicated fan base (outside of Doom and Diablo II)?

A question about floating lanterns: do they react to the player in any way? Standing in front of them does nothing, and they giggle occasionally, so there is no way to tell their alerts. They can, however, be spooked by loud sounds such as arrow impacts, which make me think that they are like AIs, but I'm still not sure.

They shouldn't react to anything, they're basically will o' the wisps. If they are reacting to audio alerts, I probably messed up somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    A question about floating lanterns: do they react to the player in any way? Standing in front of them does nothing, and they giggle occasionally, so there is no way to tell their alerts. They can, however, be spooked by loud sounds such as arrow impacts, which make me think that they are like AIs, but I'm still not sure.
    I think they behave like neutral NPC. In other words they will first alert to you if you are just too close to them and they will run away if they will hear something very loud. Just be quiet and stay out of their way.

They shouldn't react to anything, they're basically will o' the wisps. If they are reacting to audio alerts, I probably messed up somewhere.
    Thanks, that's good to know. Yeah, they react to noises, but it doesn't affect the gameplay in any way; it only matters for Ghosting.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I think they behave like neutral NPC. In other words they will first alert to you if you are just too close to them and they will run away if they will hear something very loud. Just be quiet and stay out of their way.
    I had that idea too, but the difference is that neutral AIs become hostile when they see you use weapons. These guys don't react to you in any way. I don't think they have first or second alerts either; they always make sounds even when they don't see you.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    I had that idea too, but the difference is that neutral AIs become hostile when they see you use weapons. These guys don't react to you in any way. I don't think they have first or second alerts either; they always make sounds even when they don't see you.
    I think for your ghosting you should avoid making lanterns run away. Few months ago I did casual ghost of this mission and I know it's not that hard.

Catacombs of Knoss Hand

How do you open the gate to get the hand in part 2?

You need to find all the golden bones and throw them into the coffin.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567