TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

Haplo, thank you very much for the excellent mission! Many mysteries, many traps, tangled corridors - all this creates a mystical mood.

Man, that was amazing mission. I loved the most look of inn. Very clever riddles and lots of loot. So far for me the best mission in this contest.

Stuck.

I have the lever, but I haven't found a place to use it. I know I need to get to the wine cellar to continue with the mission, but have the problem of "no generator, no elevator, generator, fry to a crisp in the water". I also have the cellar safe key but haven't found a place to use that, either.

What do I do next?

- prjames

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Stuck.

I have the lever, but I haven't found a place to use it. I know I need to get to the wine cellar to continue with the mission, but have the problem of "no generator, no elevator, generator, fry to a crisp in the water". I also have the cellar safe key but haven't found a place to use that, either.

What do I do next?

- prjames
    Use elevator first, then turn off generator and proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by prjames View Post
    Stuck.

What do I do next?

- prjames
    After turning off the power and going to the elevator side, look up behind you.

Superb mission!

From a fairly medium, regular paced beginning you then come across the first puzzle (the basement lift ) and recognise Haplo's trademark style as a master-puzzler! The mission soon opens up on a large scale covering so much of the TDP world with great puzzles and gameplay. A fine anniversary tribute.

Great mission!! but I still have one gate closed I got the book and killed that guardian. Where is the other one?

I killed the fire elemental in lava area, that can not be it.
    Thanks for any help
    pwl
    Last edited by pwl; 3rd Dec 2018 at 23:32.

Pwl, please use spoiler tags.
    Have you found out who built that place yet? You'll need a ring, which you can find by exploring.

Thanks, Galaer and Haplo.

I figured out Galaer's solution on my own as I went to the gym in real life; I had actually done the exact same thing - shoot the button in another mission earlier today.

Clearly, I need to take a break.

- prjames

Sorry about lack of tags I found and used the ring on the hand but did not find information on builder I will go back and look closer.

Thank you for the help and this fine mission!
    pwl

Thanks everyone for your kind words. I'm glad you enjoyed the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by pwl View Post
    Sorry about lack of tags I found and used the ring on the hand but did not find information on builder I will go back and look closer.

Thank you for the help and this fine mission!
    pwl
    When you put the ring on the hand a portcullis in the same room opens. Go through it and you'll find what you need.

Thank you Haplo one more question i'm at the portal but it is not active, I thought the colored mist was a clue but no luck

The portal is actually a barrier, not a real portal. This has been confusing a bit for some players. If I release an updated version I'll clarify it better. You need t disable it, exactly the same way you disabled the portal at the end of Thief 1 in the Maw. The keeper text also tells you what to do.

Bigger spoiler: Hit each of the two mists with its opposite element.

Thank you again I could not remember what the text said.

Ummm any hint about how to get inside Ramirez room and the painter room? The diary mentioned the closet next door but I see nothing in there.

The key to Ramirez room is on his belt. There is a tiny switch in the closet.

Bigger spoiler : It is on the door frame.

Thanks for the help I was incredibly blind! Now I have one more hint to ask for if I may. The second void key? I found the one down near the lava.

Also finished this one on Expert last night and it was another Cracker! That's 3 FM's down now!

Am I supposed to be able to lower this stone pillar here by standing on it? Link - https://imgur.com/uTP0WNc
    I'm asking because recently I played another FM where I wasn't able to do it, then I watched somebody play through the mission and they lowered the pillar no problem. I've updated TFix to version 1.26a by installing it over whichever version I had at that time, although in main menu the info says "TFix 1.26".

Taffey: Have you solved the pillar with the statue head yet? It opens a portcullis leading to the second void key.

czyys: No. You'll need to put something else on the pillar, just like the other pillar. As for TFix, the mission warns you at the very beginning if the version is wrong and doesn't let you exit Garrett's room, so if you made it this far it means all is fine.

[QUOTE=Haplo;2408288]Taffey: Have you solved the pillar with the statue head yet? It opens a portcullis leading to the second void key.

No I haven't actually. I was wondering about that but made no progress.

[QUOTE=Taffey;2408294]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Taffey: Have you solved the pillar with the statue head yet? It opens a portcullis leading to the second void key.

No I haven't actually. I was wondering about that but made no progress.
    In case you haven't solved it already, refer to the hint I gave czyys above.

Where is the fire arrow I need to fire at the portal? I'm at the lost city area and have an air key but no fire key.

The fire key is in the basement (underground) part of the lost city, explore a bit more. You have missed a small area.

Overall pretty good mission. Real good use of environmental puzzles like the electrified water floor in the basement of the inn that was very obvious how to do once you look at it, or logic ones like the one after the void keys. Not as engrossing as some of the others I played in the contest so far but the best in puzzles so far for sure.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast