TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

Mission done! I've enjoyed it very much. I loved the lava walls with the stairs where the keeper key was very nice design and also The Lost City part connected directly to the Inn that was pretty shocking and cool.

Really excellent mission, Haplo. I've been trying to ghost this one, and some of the timing has been crazy tight and I didn't thing I'd make it a few times. Quite the challenge, in a very good way!

I've done everything else except for one goal.

Where do I find Ramirez' diamonds? I have access to his room, searched it up and down; the only two switches in that room turn on and off the lights.

Thanks in advance!

- prjames

Update: Thanks, Haplo. I read the readable much earlier, but missed the bit about the diamonds; and I had been in the wine cellar but was so focused on getting the fireplace key that I didn't see the safe in the wall in the back.
    Last edited by prjames; 7th Dec 2018 at 08:38.

Thanks Watcher, happy you enjoyed it.

prjames: The innkeeper said in the registry that he has put the diamonds in the inn's safe in the basement. Have you been there yet?

Clearinghouse
    I can't find the ring. Hint please!

Quote Originally Posted by clearing View Post
    I can't find the ring. Hint please!
    Go through the dark tunnels all the way to the left until you get to where you need the keeper key. Then look at the window ledge behind you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    After turning off the power and going to the elevator side, look up behind you.
    I do not understand this one. I've looked up, but there is only a thin wooden beam and nothing else.

Ticky: bigger spoiler: one solution is shooting a rope arrow to that beam and using it to jump across.

This is the best contest mission so far. Its also the first contest mission I have played so far.

I'm at a point where I am running around in circles and I need several items to continue. I'll take a break for the night and continue tomorrow.

Anyway Haplo everything looks good!

Ticky: bigger spoiler: one solution is shooting a rope arrow to that beam and using it to jump across.
    Thank you.

Proceeded to the crypt and done several things, been is several places, but now I am stuck. I have a candle and a ring that I did not use yet, and also doesn't know the following

- what creature or statue counts as "guardian" (I have to kill both)
    - How to disable the deadly protection of a seachest in the bottom of a round place

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thank you.

Proceeded to the crypt and done several things, been is several places, but now I am stuck. I have a candle and a ring that I did not use yet, and also doesn't know the following

- what creature or statue counts as "guardian" (I have to kill both)
    - How to disable the deadly protection of a seachest in the bottom of a round place

Thank you!
    The candle and the ring: The area that you need to use them in is not hidden at all. In the room after activating bridge scroll over the lava (the room with a door in the middle and stair cases on both sides), looks like you have not the explored the path to the right yet.

The guardians: you will know who they are when they appear.

The chest: Open it while dangling off a rope.

Very nice FM with some really good ideas and good gameplay!

Just finished on the highest difficulty level with loot 7172 out of 8704. It seems like I missed a big area or something.

I especially liked that the undead/beasty parts of the mission weren't THAT sinister and unbearable like in those missions that force the ones who don't like this kind of atmophere to stop. It was really well done.

The stopping female fireshadow and the unappreciated talent in the Inn were very nice and funny as well.

Great FM so far! However I am stuck: I got the hammer, killed a fireshadow and am in a room with two pedestals, one with a statue head on it, the other bare-what do I need to put on the empty pedestal? I'm not sure where it is.

only thing i could not figure out is where/how to get that brush set,i am sure its in the one room in hotel,but i never found a way to open it,even bashing with sword was no good

independent thief i can help when you came in underground first room,and dived in water when you came up you saw a ramp to a chest,behind chest is ruble from statues,grab the head and drop it on pressure plate

[QUOTE=downwinder;2409046]only thing i could not figure out is where/how to get that brush set,i am sure its in the one room in hotel,but i never found a way to open it,even bashing with sword was no good

hint: read the innkeeper's book carefully
    spoiler: check the neighbour room of that room you can't open
    big spoiler: look for a switch in the neighbour room

This mission is an instant classic. Just the right amount of challenge and impeccable level design. Thanks so much Haplo.

I'm stuck. I can't find the missing lever, the key to the purple basement door, and the one to the fireplace

Thanks ticky and Relayer. I'm glad you enjoyed playing the mission.

Azaran: Looks like you missed the innkeeper's key on his belt. He is the guy at the front counter.

Azaran: Looks like you missed the innkeeper's key on his belt. He is the guy at the front counter.
    That was it, thanks!

Things just got real interesting haha

I'm not sure what to do here. I've dumped a corpse and zombie bits on the column, but it won't press down (I assume this opens the section across the hall with the candle?)

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm not sure what to do here. I've dumped a corpse and zombie bits on the column, but it won't press down (I assume this opens the section across the hall with the candle?)
    Make it look like the other column!
    Bigger spoiler: There is a statue head somewhere nearby...

And it opens something else. You'll see.

How do I get into room 203?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    How do I get into room 203?
    That's the painter's room, right? Check the registry book at the front counter for a hint.
    Bigger spoiler: There is a small switch in the closet next door, but it only works after reading the registry I mentioned above.

Thanks Haplo! I need to pay closer attention to the things around me. This was an amazing mission, and I finished with about 600 short of Max loot.

I did notice something peculiar... there is a chair under the table in the front yard and a small part of it sticks up through the table. To be honest I felt there were too many ambient sound changes, but otherwise this was a very well put together mission!

Make it look like the other column!
    Bigger spoiler: There is a statue head somewhere nearby...

And it opens something else. You'll see.
    Thanks!

Now I got stuck again. I can't get into the burrick area. I read the Keeper journal with the instructions, but couldn't locate the hammer either. And did I need the fireshadow for fire arrows? She got crushed to death by the trap

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast