TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks!

Now I got stuck again. I can't get into the burrick area. I read the Keeper journal with the instructions, but couldn't locate the hammer either. And did I need the fireshadow for fire arrows? She got crushed to death by the trap
    No, that fire shadow is one of the two guardians. It doesn't leave any fire arrows behind.
    To get the hammer you need the candle. Do you have it? If not, go back to the entrance of the crypt, check the rubble on the ground and check where it came from.

Thanks! Never even thought to look up for that hidden section

After having spoiled myself many times scrolling through the thread, I feel like I have a stupid problem.
    How do I open the locked fireplace grates?
    Tried all the keys I could find and both picks.

am I missing some switches hidden somewhere?

The innkeeper's notes will tell you where it is.

Have a look on top of the wine racks in the cellar.

Thanks for release! I have a question/ I need a spoiler to continue my keyhunt.

1) I am in catacombs, but didnīt get the painters stuff from above. The rope is too short and I canīt get back up there. Unfortunately, stacking up items in order to reach the rope doesnt work. Garrett barely jumps to the lower end of the rope but canīt get up. Do I get back to the inn later by another way? I hope there is no need for a restart

2) I need to find out who build the catacombs and why. Where is the note?

3) I found one of the two void keys after solving the statue-head puzzle in a shaft with deadly red fog down at the bottom. Where is the second one located?

Quote Originally Posted by Thinking Robot View Post
    Thanks for release! I have a question/ I need a spoiler to continue my keyhunt.

1) I am in catacombs, but didnīt get the painters stuff from above. The rope is too short and I canīt get back up there. Unfortunately, stacking up items in order to reach the rope doesnt work. Garrett barely jumps to the lower end of the rope but canīt get up. Do I get back to the inn later by another way? I hope there is no need for a restart

2) I need to find out who build the catacombs and why. Where is the note?

3) I found one of the two void keys after solving the statue-head puzzle in a shaft with deadly red fog down at the bottom. Where is the second one located?
    1) Don't worry, you will be able to go back later.

2 and 3) In the room after the lava bridge (the room with the void locks, and staircases on each side), have you explored the path on the right?

Thanks for helping! With this information, I made the rest by myself.

I finally solved it on expert difficulty.

To write a review, this mission is a pure keyhunt mission with many little riddles. Thats not bad, since the mission says it directly to the players face. I liked it. The only riddle I didnīt unterstood was the one with the pressure plates in front of the book. I solved it by trial and error. I wonder if there are any hints?

My favourite was the "riddle" how to kill both guardians. Murdering them indirectly by trapping them in their own traps was very creative!
    The player shouldnīt waste the only fire and gas arrow in the game. But if the player sees the portal and reminds himself from the Maw of Chaos, it is clear, why.

I got stuck once, but only because I failed to see a ladder in a small circular room with four podests and three statues: And I totally missed the book in the keepers room.

Overall difficulty was hard, but still enjoyable. The main focus lies in solving the riddles. Avoiding the enemies and deadly traps gave it an extra spice.
    In the end, I found 7.739/8.704 in loot, so I will eventually search again.

This gem deserves a 10/10 rating.
    Last edited by Thinking Robot; 11th Dec 2018 at 09:16.

While this mission is truly outstanding in terms of mission design and story, I will not finish it. Deadly traps on my way to the target and back again with many deaths is not my type of gameplay.

JoergA: Yes, deadly traps are not everyone's cup of tea. I can disable them for you so you can enjoy the rest of the mission. Send me your save game if you want.

Thinking Robot: Thanks and I'm glad you enjoyed it.
    The pressure plates in front of the book: In each row there are four tiles on the floor and three on the walls. The tile that is not shown on the wall is safe to step on.

And the gas and fire arrows: thanks for bringing it up as this might interest the other players too. The gas and fire arrows re-spawn every three minutes, so if you waste them you can always go back for more.

Finished in 2 hours and 29 minutes with 7329 in loot. That was an amazing mission.

Haplo, thank you for offering this. With the new day my frustration level came back to 'normal'. So I will finish the mission today.

Just finished the mission-great stuff! That could easily fit in with the original Dark Project!

What a nice adventure fan mission!

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The fire key is in the basement (underground) part of the lost city, explore a bit more. You have missed a small area.
    I have explored the burrick tunnels and went through them back to the tomb via the gate with gas arrow respawn, but where I can find the fire arrow respawn? I really have no idea when you speak about the basement part of the lost city. What do you mean by the lost city in the first place...?

EDIT: OK I just got there through the maze of cave tunnels

EDIT 2: That was a very nice and gripping mission with a good sense of humor! Thank you Haplo!
    Last edited by Marzec; 12th Dec 2018 at 18:44. Reason: Finished

Haplo!

Thank you very much for this wonderful adventure-mission. I loved the puzzles, exploring always another new area and the never ending game fun.

I also give this mission a 10/10 !

Only one question I have: do you have a loot list ? I'm still missing 635g

Greetings,
    Urumo

Thanks all!

Urumo: A couple of people are working on loot list, but nothing is ready yet. There is not much hidden loot in this mission. Here is some hard-to-find loot that I can remember:

Inn:
    - Coin and the bottom of elevator shaft
    - Purse under the couch in inn lobby
    - Gem on top of the entrance to the courtyard
    - Scattered loot in the courtyard grass
    - Ring on top of one of the bookcases in the library
    - Ring in Ramirez bath tub

Crypt and beyond:
    - Loot on the wooden rafters in the small room with fountain
    - Ring on top of the door frame in the broken statue room
    - Nugget in the bushes around the lake
    - Loot in burrick tunnels
    - Nugget behind the big tomb in the graveyard

I'm really liking this mission so far, but I'm stuck. I have the hammer, I've placed a void key (the one from the lava room with the hot plates), and I've killed the guardian in the crusher room. I may be grossly misreading this, but if I understand correctly, in order to enter the room with the book and use the hammer, I need the keeper key, which is locked behind a door needing 2 void keys. I assume the second one is somewhere behind the gate requiring the slaying of both guardians, since I can't find it anywhere in the areas I've unlocked. Unless I'm mistaken, to progress I need to kill the second guardian, but where is it?

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    I'm really liking this mission so far, but I'm stuck. I have the hammer, I've placed a void key (the one from the lava room with the hot plates), and I've killed the guardian in the crusher room. I may be grossly misreading this, but if I understand correctly, in order to enter the room with the book and use the hammer, I need the keeper key, which is locked behind a door needing 2 void keys. I assume the second one is somewhere behind the gate requiring the slaying of both guardians, since I can't find it anywhere in the areas I've unlocked. Unless I'm mistaken, to progress I need to kill the second guardian, but where is it?
    No, the second guardian comes later, and that gate is the way out.
    Looks like you haven't been through the portcullis in the middle of the big cylindrical room yet.

You need to find a pressure pedestal, and make it match another one next to it. To get there, you need to use the phlogistan wand.

I'm just blind then, apparently. I did that quite a while ago, but didn't notice that it opened both gates. Thanks!

...and finished! Great fun all in all, I was especially a fan of the library books. I'm surprised that all that was under the mountain. If the innkeeper ever wants to do an expansion, he'll be in for a nasty surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    ...and finished! Great fun all in all, I was especially a fan of the library books. I'm surprised that all that was under the mountain. If the innkeeper ever wants to do an expansion, he'll be in for a nasty surprise.
    Yup! If he ever decides to extend his courtyard by 20 meters he'll get a lost city building for free! ( https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149402)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234