TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 194

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

  1. #101
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    The pressure plates in front of the book: In each row there are four tiles on the floor and three on the walls. The tile that is not shown on the wall is safe to step on.
    Hah, I never noticed the walls at all! I reasoned that the four tiles in the center of the room in front of the pressure plate showed a circle leading to a forward-pointing triangle, and beside that, a backward pointing triangle leading to a circle. So I stepped on the circle (so far so good), then the forward-pointing fleur-de-lis, then... I got stumped. Through trial and error I found the next safe tile was the lions holding a cup, but couldn't figure out how that matched up to the backward triangle. But then the last safe one was the circle again, so my theory was proven "correct" — was this just sheer coincidence?

    Had a lot of fun in this mission, but got really lost with all the backtracking and keys/levers opening new passages. Far and away my favourite bit was the fire-shadow guardian! Not a difficult puzzle to figure out (though initially I thought it was a bug that it just froze as I approached the room!), but a very entertaining puzzle to actually execute. Took me a few seconds to realise the roof was coming down at the end, and only just avoided being crushed in the nick of time. I thought I'd missed something when I found the Keeper key before having killed or even found the second guardian, but I learnt my lesson quickly. And the way to kill it was also pretty clever. Lots of variety and a lot of fun! It took me 2:04, and I found 7334/8704 loot. And knockouts: 36, of which 3 were frogbeasts

  2. #102
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    IMO, this mission is awesome. I had a great time slowly making my way through all those puzzles. Needed the help in the thread about the fire key but got through the rest on my own. (Was pretty good at keeping mental notes of 'passages not yet tried' and 'passages that may open later'.)

    Initially, when I finally found that 'fireplace key', I thought I was about 95% done with the mission...and it turned out to be more like 15%...

    Not asking for the technical side of how it was done, but I thought the "Objective Complete" message was 'Thief 2 only'. And the same with the loot item 'scattered coins'.

    I never found a need for the Bridge Spell. Did I miss something?
    Last edited by jiansonz; 15th Dec 2018 at 18:31.

  3. #103
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    I never found a need for the Bridge Spell. Did I miss something?
    It creates a magical bridge across the lava in that same room the moment you read it. Did you just not need that bridge, or did you read the spell before you'd even noticed there wasn't a bridge?

  4. #104
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    It creates a magical bridge across the lava in that same room the moment you read it. Did you just not need that bridge, or did you read the spell before you'd even noticed there wasn't a bridge?
    I didn't need it there.
    I found the scroll and thought: "OK, this may be necessary later". Didn't try it at the time.
    I went back up the ladder and did other things until the only possible way forward I could think of was across that lava. Jumped to the big boulder, mantled and climbed it (the ceiling made it a rather tight squeeze but no real problem).

  5. #105
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    As usual, thanks everyone.

    Cardia: Were you able to solve your problem? The warning offers three solution, and each one of those should be enough. This is not a problem with the mission, it is due to a bug (or rather an oversight) in TFix 1.26 and earlier. Let me know if you need further help.

    vfig: Nice logic about the tiles. Yes, it was sheer coincidence.
    As for the backtracking, if you look back the crypt is not very big at all. It is pretty compact. Towards the end when all the interconnecting doors are open you can find a shortcut between almost any two points. Hope you didn't get too lost.
    As for the freezing guardian, there is a plaque on the wall at its entrance that gives you a heads-up. I wonder if you missed it.

    jiansonz (and vfig): Yes looks like you found a way to cross the lava without the bridge. Nice. Neither me nor the testers picked that up.
    Some trivia for you about the bridge spell: Originally there was only one void key, and the bridge spell was in the chest down in the deadly gas cylinder. I thought it made the mission too linear so I changed it to what it is now. I kept the spell because the scripting was already done (and long ago too, done back in December 2017!) and it was a shame to throw it away.

    Also, I manually scripted the objective complete sequence. As you said it is T2 only.

  6. #106
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    As for the freezing guardian, there is a plaque on the wall at its entrance that gives you a heads-up. I wonder if you missed it.
    Yeah, I saw that shortly afterwards, which made me realise it wasn't a bug after all. God knows I had many bugs with AI freezing up in my own mission, so seeing an AI stop dead in its tracks I guess made me kinda twitchy

  7. #107
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    As for that room with the Guardian, what do you need to do to make the first switch start to sink down alongside the wall? Just wait a bit? I was confused for quite a while. I understood the 'look at Guardian to stay safe' thing, but didn't know how to proceed. I realized one should hit all the switches but the roof doesn't take rope arrows. Suddenly I saw a switch sinking, and it was straightforward from there.

  8. #108
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    As for that room with the Guardian, what do you need to do to make the first switch start to sink down alongside the wall? Just wait a bit? I was confused for quite a while. I understood the 'look at Guardian to stay safe' thing, but didn't know how to proceed. I realized one should hit all the switches but the roof doesn't take rope arrows. Suddenly I saw a switch sinking, and it was straightforward from there.
    The moment you enter that room the first switch starts sliding down.

  9. #109
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    where can i find the lever for the winecellar?

  10. #110
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    where can i find the lever for the winecellar?
    In the chest in the innkeeper's room (his room is in the basement).

  11. #111
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    In the chest in the innkeeper's room (his room is in the basement).
    i read something about the lever of the winecellar, that Basil hide it , but i can't find his room

  12. #112
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i read something about the lever of the winecellar, that Basil hide it , but i can't find his room
    If you are in the basement main room (with two beds and a table with dice on it), look north. It's the right-hand door (the left-hand door leads to a toilet).

  13. #113
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    I believe you talk about another building. I stay still in the starting building and i can't find a was out

  14. #114
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    No, I am talking about the inn you start in.
    (The way out is revealed later)

  15. #115
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    thanks for your patience . this door is closed

  16. #116
    Member
    Registered: Aug 2006
    Location: France (Saint-Gobain)
    I´ve installed tfix 1.26a, i´ve followed the instructions to add that line in the cam_mod.ini, i have tfix.gam.dml inside the osm folder, and still things don't work, maybe it would have been better to do a mission without additional scripts (possibly for hard puzzles as usual). I'll have to skip this one.

  17. #117
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    thanks for your patience . this door is closed
    Basil has the key on his belt. It's orange.

  18. #118
    Member
    Registered: Apr 2002
    Location: Malmö, Sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Here is some hard-to-find loot that I can remember:

    Inn:
    - Coin and the bottom of elevator shaft
    - Purse under the couch in inn lobby
    - Gem on top of the entrance to the courtyard
    - Scattered loot in the courtyard grass
    - Ring on top of one of the bookcases in the library
    - Ring in Ramirez bath tub

    Crypt and beyond:
    - Loot on the wooden rafters in the small room with fountain
    - Ring on top of the door frame in the broken statue room
    - Nugget in the bushes around the lake
    - Loot in burrick tunnels
    - Nugget behind the big tomb in the graveyard
    A couple more possibly-hard-to-find pieces:
    - Coinstack on window frame in Room 102
    - Purse on armoire in Room 202
    - Two coinstacks behind bed in Room 202
    - Ring on top of shelf in bar
    - Fine Wine on floor, in corner of innkeeper's room

  19. #119
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I´ve installed tfix 1.26a, i´ve followed the instructions to add that line in the cam_mod.ini, i have tfix.gam.dml inside the osm folder, and still things don't work, maybe it would have been better to do a mission without additional scripts (possibly for hard puzzles as usual). I'll have to skip this one.
    I will send you a private message.

  20. #120
    Member
    Registered: Feb 2010
    Location: Mississippi
    I have the keeper key, but I have neither of the required arrows, I see a gas arrow behind a grated crypt, any clues to the arrows would be helpful. (nevermind, I thought the barrier where the book was is where you needed the arrows)
    Last edited by vincentlancon; 16th Dec 2018 at 22:50.

  21. #121
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by vincentlancon View Post
    I have the keeper key, but I have neither of the required arrows, I see a gas arrow behind a grated crypt, any clues to the arrows would be helpful.
    The arrows will be needed much later. For now use the keeper key to open the gate that leads to the book.

  22. #122
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    i was in a room where 4 or 5 wodden crossbred beams are arranged. down i got a uselss key from a treasure chest. i climbed up but now?

  23. #123
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i was in a room where 4 or 5 wodden crossbred beams are arranged. down i got a uselss key from a treasure chest. i climbed up but now?
    It is not a useless key. You need two of them, and you have found one already. Have you crossed the lava yet? If not, use the bridge scroll in the lava room.

  24. #124
    Member
    Registered: Jun 2011
    i crossed the lava and i found one lock whrere the first key functions, but where can i find the second? there is a statue , where one candle is burning and i believe a second is missing. but where can i geht teh second candle?

  25. #125
    Member
    Registered: Mar 2005
    Location: The Inverted Manse
    Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i crossed the lava and i found one lock whrere the first key functions, but where can i find the second? there is a statue , where one candle is burning and i believe a second is missing. but where can i geht teh second candle?
    For the candle, go to where you entered the crypt and pay attention to the rubble on the ground.
    Bigger spoiler: Look up.

    For the other key: In the room where you used the first key take the path to the right to the room with four pillars but three statues. Check out the missing statue.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •