TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

in the course of time it's getting grueling. i got the second key but therefore the exit is closed in teh room with the four pillars

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    in the course of time it's getting grueling. i got the second key but therefore the exit is closed in teh room with the four pillars
    Nothing is really hidden in this mission. Everything can be found by exploration. The exploration of the right-hand path (that I pointed you to) led you to the second key. You have either not explored the left-hand path yet, or have missed the window ledge at the end of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Nothing is really hidden in this mission. Everything can be found by exploration. The exploration of the right-hand path (that I pointed you to) led you to the second key. You have either not explored the left-hand path yet, or have missed the window ledge at the end of it.
    this may be right and perhaps i 'm too impatient. now i came up from the ladder in the pillar with the second key and now the exit of the room with the hand is closed with a golden grid . how can i open it ?

this may be right and perhaps i 'm too impatient. now i came up from the ladder in the pillar with the second key and now the exit of the room with the hand is closed with a golden grid . how can i open it ?
    The mission is quite non-linear. You need to do two things, in arbitrary order:

Now that you have the two void keys, go open the corresponding gate.

Also, take a note of the room you are in now. From the room which you use the void keys take the left path, and at its end jump over to the window ledge. Inside you will find an object that will help you proceed. Come back to the room you are in now and use that object.

before i can use the second void key. i had to come out of this room . i mean this room where in the middle a mystic hand ist positioned und a pillar . the exit is closed with a golden grid

before i can use the second void key. i had to come out of this room . i mean this room where in the middle a mystic hand ist positioned und a pillar . the exit is closed with a golden grid
    There are two exits in that room. Just go back the way you came in.

Couldnt find the switch for room 203. I red the registry book on the counter before! There is no switch in one of the rooms left or right from room 203. Also not in the toilet . no painter brushs.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Sahnebacke View Post
    Couldnt find the switch for room 203. I red the registry book on the counter before! There is no switch in one of the rooms left or right from room 203. Also not in the toilet . no painter brushs.
    Read the book first, then go inside the closet next to the room and look at the left side of the door frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    There are two exits in that room. Just go back the way you came in.
    Ohoh i'm blind and dummy

Now i used the second key and opened this heavy door and there is a frobbable Slab. Something like don't watch in their faces.?..
    How can i get through these little statues?

Ohoh i'm blind and dummy

Now i used the second key and opened this heavy door and there is a frobbable Slab. Something like don't watch in their faces.?..
    How can i get through these little statues?
    As the slab says. Go through a path that doesn't put you in front of their eyes. They shouldn't "see" you pass in front of them. Just like in Bonehoard. Pay attention to what direction they are looking. There is a path that will take you to the other side without crossing the eyes of any of them.

I couldn't find or see any new switch, which, that seems to me after reading your posts, have to appear after reading the registry book. Here my screens in the correct order to see what I've done actually.

______

______

______

Dude, not the toilet. The book says the closet next door, not the room across the hall. Go to the room you showed in your last screenshot, close the door, and look at the left side of the doorframe.

Damn. Unfortunately in german the word for "toilet" is also "closet", written as "Klosett"! Never I thought that I must take my dictionary therefor. Hallelujah to the international communication and your help for me! Today evening at home I will search for that switch, although I red across the walls in this room before like a blind man. ..... thanks a lot!

*Gesendet vom Samsung S5 mit Tapatalk*

Randomly late footnote to my post-play summary to add: I was greatly amused by the failed artist, and your use of the blooper reel paintings as his copies of the inn's paintings.

Hi vfig , I have written you a pm over the beta test forum. Hoping you can open it !!! Thank you very much for The amazing letter with the labels in my post box today.

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    Randomly late footnote to my post-play summary to add: I was greatly amused by the failed artist, and your use of the blooper reel paintings as his copies of the inn's paintings.

Wonderful mission with entertaining and exciting puzzles. I really enjoyed it !! Thank you for it

Hi vfig , I have written you a pm over the beta test forum.
    This is a bit off-topic for this thread. I'll PM you.

absolutely awesome mission....thank you for this Gem....I always love your missions,with very clever puzzles which are simple, but do take a few minutes of thought and ponder,to get exactly what to do..... I am impressed <3

Superb! I'll admit I'm a bit impatient with the average map-less mission. This was not such a case in the slightest. The level felt really tightly knit and compact despite the length. Never once did I feel it hard to navigate thanks to how well the puzzles strung me along and opened up new quick methods of backtracking. Only once did I really have to stop and comb my surroundings, but not for long. Even then I wasn't frustrated in the slightest since the readables gave me a proper direction and idea of what I had left to do.

I also love that even after getting the book, the real end goal was just trying to track down some arrows to access the exit. Just seems a bit funny to think about.

Also I just gotta say it's odd to have gone through about 4 entrants so far that all contain a tomb that leads into some caves of monsters, a piece of the Lost City, and even the Maw. Generally in that order too. I suppose that's just a good way to capture T1's essence all in one go.

Haplo said I had ghosted the mission. Not quite. I just went back and played it again, and I had three ghost busts, two of which were obvious , and one of which I had not noticed previously.

1. Getting into the fountain pool in the crypt entry room causes a splash that alerts the haunt momentarily. The current or momentum carries you away from the pool, so it is easy to miss seeing the haunt raise his sword. You can't hear the haunt.

By the way, it is easy to be busted by the haunt when taking the candle, but it can be avoided by a lot of repetition and lucky timing.

2. Breaking the portal with the fire arrow alerts every AI in the portal area and the garden of the inn.

3. Killing the guardians is a bust because they see you before you kill them.

None of this really matters. The game play in ghost mode is very good, so give it a try.

Little help here, I'm almost done. I have the hammer, and have done everything else. I have one key, already placed it. I used the scroll for the bridge, I see the room to the right. Having trouble getting across, sinking into the lava and I suck at jumping. All out spoilers would be appreciated.

Great FM! Some things are just so thief gold, I love it. Nicely done.

There is nothing to be done in that room other than to jump and change directions quickly. The stones sink into the lava if you wait too long. I have found that it helps to jump a little farther than I think should be necessary, based on past experience. Otherwise, my "feet" hit the lava before they are on the sinking stone.

Getting across there is essential to further progress.

Stuck

I am in the area beneath the inn and have a candle and have no idea where to use. I have also come across the book which I am unable to pickup. There is a message about guardians as well. I have read the previous posts and have not found the answer. Please help so I can continue! Thanks!

I don't think that the haunt / crypt area is below the Inn, but that is beside the point. The book you have come across is not part of the puzzle. The guardians will come later, as will the way to use the candle. The actual book you need will come after you deal with one of the guardians. You need to advance to the point where you see an apparition with two locks below him. There are passages to the left and right of him. To get there, you need to pass over some lava, but look to the right before you do. You also should solve the statue head puzzle. In short, you need to explore a lot more and check everything out.

Damn. Unfortunately in german the word for "toilet" is also "closet", written as "Klosett"! Never I thought that I must take my dictionary therefor. [...]
    This sounds as if you played the mission in English. However, there is a german translation by zappen (zappenduster) built into the mission. You can activate this translation and others by editing the install.cfg file (for Thief 1). If there is a line saying "language english" in there, you can play FMs with support for German by changing the line to "language german+english".

On the other hand... I also needed at least three visits to the small room to find the switch.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast