TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Darkness Walk With Us! (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by baeuchlein View Post
    This sounds as if you played the mission in English. However, there is a german translation by zappen (zappenduster) built into the mission. You can activate this translation and others by editing the install.cfg file (for Thief 1). If there is a line saying "language english" in there, you can play FMs with support for German by changing the line to "language german+english".

On the other hand... I also needed at least three visits to the small room to find the switch.
    Sorry, that I in this case not asked in the german forum, only here in the english forum. Thats why I only received english infos in english words , for example " closet".

Gesendet von meinem SM-T585 mit Tapatalk

Finished on the easiest difficulty in 2:37 without needing any hints. Funnily enough, the thing I had to search the longest for was right at the beginning of this huge mission, the tiny switch in the closet that opens the secret entrance to the dead artist's room. Got 7834 loot for all my efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenArts View Post
    Little help here, I'm almost done. I have the hammer, and have done everything else. I have one key, already placed it. I used the scroll for the bridge, I see the room to the right. Having trouble getting across, sinking into the lava and I suck at jumping. All out spoilers would be appreciated.

Great FM! Some things are just so thief gold, I love it. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    There is nothing to be done in that room other than to jump and change directions quickly. The stones sink into the lava if you wait too long. I have found that it helps to jump a little farther than I think should be necessary, based on past experience. Otherwise, my "feet" hit the lava before they are on the sinking stone.

Getting across there is essential to further progress.
    Actually it is possible to skip that jumping sequence altogether. Its purpose is to get the wand that grants you access to the room with two pedestals and statue heads.. However, just before the guardian with the switches, there is a lever that opens a secret door to the aforementioned pedestal room, making that wand unnecessary. Assuming you have already found the Keeper room, just go back to the dead guardian, mantle up and go through the secret door to the pedestal room.

BrokenArts: Have you solved the pillars with statue heads yet? If yes, it opens the entrance to and another gate at the far end of the big cylindrical room. You can find the second key there.

Isn't this the mission that is supposed to have a sign in the beginning that lets you know if your good to go. Or lack of a sign? I remembered reading it in a thread for the contest but cant find it. It would sure help to put it in the intro.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightningline View Post
    Isn't this the mission that is supposed to have a sign in the beginning that lets you know if your good to go. Or lack of a sign? I remembered reading it in a thread for the contest but cant find it. It would sure help to put it in the intro.
    Yes, this mission will show you a scroll and won't let you get out of the first room if it detects that NVScript is not working. Otherwise it lets you continue normally.
    I'm not sure what your request is though, to add this to the readme file?

I need a little help as I'm wandering around looking for something to open or do and guessing I'm missing something obvious.

I've collected/done:
    . collected the void key across stepping stones
    . killed one guardian in the circular switch room (which died in the doorway, grrr...)
    . read the keepers book
    . used the 2 pedestals
    . used the wand
    . collected sacred hammer but not used it

but don't have:
    . 2nd void key (now collected)
    . keeper key (now collected)
    . book
    . haven't got in to the burrick area

Now I don't need a gentle nudge as to what I need to do next as the posting curse strikes again... just found an open doorway in a circular room... onwards to explore.
    Last edited by BlackJack16; 3rd Jan 2019 at 06:43. Reason: found my way again

Damn it Haplo, this was great!

My more spoilery thoughts:

When I had explored most of the Inn I was thinking "this is a great classic Thief mission...but it doesn't really feel like a Haplo mission." Then, I got to the tombs and I was like "Ah, there you are Haplo!" I'm so glad you're still here to creep me out and melt my brain with puzzles. My personal favorite was the second guardian-- the Aha! moment when I realized I had to reactivate the arrow trap and lead him into it made me feel like such a crafty boi. And the size of this mission! Every time I thought I had revealed the last secret, it just kept delivering!

So good, man! Loved it!

EDIT: Blackjack16, if you still need the book...

You need to use the hammer on it in order to collect it.

Cool! Glad you enjoyed it. So does it mean a review is in the works? It's been a while since we've had one of your entertaining reviews.

I'd like to write something special for all these missions when I'm done-- Thief's 20th Anniversary has me crawling out of my cave. The sunlight...it burns!

Finished with 7614/8704 after nearly 2h. I really liked the book titles in the library and the paintings from the "artist". Took me a loot of time to find the statue head and switch for room 203.
    I couldn't find out what the switch at the oven behind the bar is opening. Any hints on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by N00bThief View Post
    I couldn't find out what the switch at the oven behind the bar is opening. Any hints on that one?
    Nothing! It turns the rotisserie on and off, that's all.

Quote Originally Posted by The Mike View Post

EDIT: Blackjack16, if you still need the book...

You need to use the hammer on it in order to collect it.
    Thanks TheMike; It was the newly opened doorway in the circular room that I failed to see and walking a different path in that room helps. It reminded me of this quote... Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results...... (yep that was me!!).

No problems solving the puzzles to collect the book and then finish the mission. Finished on expert in about 2hrs 40mins with 8399/8704 loot. Excellent mission and enjoyed the puzzles.

2 hours 45 minutes. That's my time for ghosting this mission. In the stats, because I think this mission took me twice more. I didn't expect too much problems from this mission. I was scared more of Gort's mission. I was naive. This mission was a disaster for me.

Couple of things I discovered. Switch in the closet appears only after reading guest book. This confused me a little. And Ramirez doesn't always appear in the same place. In my first playthrough he appeared in the shrine, so he wasn't big problem. But during ghosting playthrough he appeared in the garden. To get his key I wasted 30 min to push very slowly guard to the right. During that woman servant slip to the swim pool and died unfortunately. I don't think that's a bust yet, because she died not because my actions.

After 52 min I entered catacombs. I had a problem with getting candle, because a trap alert haunt. The only solution I found was tanking it. I lost 9 HP, but haunt wasn't alerted. And after that I needed to descend to water quietly while haunt was walking nearby. In this I managed to succeed. River of lava I managed to beat without creating bridge.

It took me 30 min to kill first guardian without him spotting me. I planned to push second guardian into trap. Unfortunately I noticed he's not moving, so I was forced to get his attention. Also trap alerted haunt nearby. So that's the first bust. Maybe second if you assume that killing first guardian was a bust as well.

Second bust was destroying the portal which alerted every monster from nearby. And the last and the most painful bust was Ramirez. This bastard see me no matter how quiet or fast I am. He doesn't first alert anymore. You will get visible and he's on you. That was my biggest mistake. When I noticed that Ramirez is in the garden I should have restart the whole mission. Next I tried to return to the entrance of catacombs and stuck items. Unfortunately there isn't too many items in this mission. Most of the stuff is unfrobable. The best result was touching rope, but I couldn't climb up. I tried for 1 hour before I gave up and return to save after running away from Ramirez. At least I reduced pursuit to only him.

The final note is that mission would really benefit from heaving more moss arrows, because they are really valuable in the catacombs.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    The final note is that mission would really benefit from heaving more moss arrows, because they are really valuable in the catacombs.
    Thanks for the feedback. I'll keep this in mind if I do an updated version. I'll also try to make it more ghosting friendly.

Meanwhile I finished this FM in the second attempt with Haplo's personal help (he deactivated a deadly trap) grabbing 8009/8704.
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I LOVED the artist's room! Congrats on a very fun mission, Ali

Yeah, the artist's room is the funniest thing I have seen in the TDP20A contest so far.

I played this one today :) Great adventure and as I suspected - solid, fun and very good Ali's mission as always :)

The mission is rather simple, I suspected problems, but I have none of them. All you need is in the readables/notes, and reliable sneaking, searching, snooping and prediction does the rest :) Everything is logical and can be solved by intuition.

The loot requirement IMO is much to low too. 6000 is like piece of cake with no effort (circa/about 70% of all). 7200 should be well balanced. A little more pressure, but still not hard, but... maybe Haplo doesn't want to annoy players or make gameplay too frustrating for them? ;)

However, the real and true challenge is to pass the mission as ghost! A few spots seem to be not ghostable, but as usual, I don't bother 1st alarms ;P so - no matter for me ;P Just trying no killing and no BJ-ing as always. Feeling and atmosphere both were great.

Haplo, is there a little bug possible?: When you take a holy bath in Hammerite's Chapel it is very difficult to... 'un-bath' yourself ;) I suspect You didn't take into account that anyone would be going inside? (inside both of them ;D) Players can just lean forward and see there is nothing there, but... yeah... ;) Hmm... betatesters did not have a problem with them? :O The left one is much harder to leave :) Maybe simple solution is: to make the baths a little deeper? or water-level should be higher? :)

The Lost City area is begging for more than two keeper's keys, but this means more new LC-areas... so indeed maybe that compact 2-keys solution You made is more accurate :) Probably I just did not have enough/want more of Your mission ;D

The adventure takes me 5h 48min (cheatty stats says 3h 39min). Found 8339/8704 of loot. Haplo, can You tell me what kind of loot in each category I missed? gold: 3279, gems: 1305, goods: 3755

Does that oval area with the obelisk, ghost and lying zombie conceals secrets? any of loot in the two stone's tombs/sepulchres?
    Last edited by Mat99; 9th Jan 2019 at 13:20. Reason: <ENTER> vs &nbsp; problem for some users

Glad you enjoyed it.

1. Holy bath? Do you mean the two fountains in the room in the crypt where you get the hammer? I never jumped in them. Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix them.
    2. The lost city had an elaborate puzzle for getting the key on the second level. I didn't like the puzzle at the end so I dropped it. Those rotating gears in the basement are all that's left from the puzzle.
    3. If you send me your save game I'd be happy to take a look and tell you what loot you've missed.
    4. No loot or secrets in that oval room if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    Glad you enjoyed it.
    Glad You made it ;)

1. Holy bath? Do you mean the two fountains in the room in the crypt where you get the hammer?
    Ahh they are "Fountains" of course :D I called them "Baths" because they are rectangles and I've done a simple (to quick) transposition of what I expected to find :) I found tiny gem or ring in Ramirez's bath, and I expected something similar there, so brain-neurons-shortcut says: "Baths" instead "Fountains" ;) But YES, I'm talking about THEM ;)

I never jumped in them. Thanks for the feedback, I'll fix them.
    LOL :D and OK :) To be more precise: Garrett seem to floating in the fountains (like T3 annoying problem) and It's very hard to mantle outside.

2. The lost city had an elaborate puzzle for getting the key on the second level. I didn't like the puzzle at the end so I dropped it. Those rotating gears in the basement are
    all that's left from the puzzle.
    OK then, let it stay as it is ;)

3. If you send me your save game I'd be happy to take a look and tell you what loot you've missed.
    Noo ;P I don't want to know what exactly I missed or where the pieces are and I don't want any of direct hints ;) I will find them by myself. All I want to know is how the weight/weights looks like when full loot is grabbed. So if stats says 8704/8704, then I need X, Y, Z values, where: gold: X, gems: Y, goods: Z ;)

4. No loot or secrets in that oval room if I remember correctly.
    OK, thanks :)
    Last edited by Mat99; 9th Jan 2019 at 13:19. Reason: <ENTER> vs &nbsp; problem for some users

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post

Noo ;P I don't want to know what exactly I missed or where the pieces are and I don't want any
    of direct hints I will find them by myself. All I want to know is how the weight/weights
    looks like when full loot is grabbed. So if stats says 8704/8704, then I need X, Y, Z values,
    where: gold: X, gems: Y, goods: Z
    3594; 1305; 3805

Quote Originally Posted by Haplo View Post
    3594; 1305; 3805
    Thank You very much Haplo :)
    3529; 1305; 3805 I found yesterday, means 65 left :)
    I'll make a tea with chocolate cake, and I will try to search the mission to the ground now ;)
    Last edited by Mat99; 8th Jan 2019 at 17:09. Reason: correction

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    3529; 1305; 3805 I found yesterday, means 65 left
    I'll make a tea with chocolate cake, and I will try to search the mission to the ground now
    Sounds tasty.

I have made a complete lootlist if you're interested, eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    Sounds tasty. :)
    Ahh indeed it was ;) (if we are talking about chocolate cake ;)

I have made a complete lootlist if you're interested, eventually.
    No, I'm not interested ;P I want to search it by myself ;)

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast