TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Lost Among The Forsaken (11/30/2018)

Nothing, they're just potential distractions.

EDIT: looking at the reply below, I realized this was the wrong mission. oops!
    Last edited by skacky; 10th Dec 2018 at 21:19.

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    What to do with the two hammers? They are throwable and not useable.
    Drop them into the "first" and "second" tombs nearby, opening the path as the riddle says.

- prjames (just finished this insanely awesome, crazy mission)

What the hell is a truther anyway?

Finished this one on highest difficulty.

Very nice ruined city design, much work put into it. Looks really-really great. However hard to navigate at times. Maybe that was intentional.

Undead is a challenge. The superfast burning zombie was a really wild idea, glad that there's only one of it. Thieves and hideouts nicely interrupt the undead style here and there. Because of the relatively agressive and respawning undead, I found myself wanting to exit as soon as possible after getting the right arm of the Saint instead of looking for more loot. But maybe that's my preference of missions and not really liking where the most part of the level is undead.

Absolutely stunning! Loved this mission and loved your use of sounds! Solid 10 for atmosphere. Definitely recognizes some Garrett gags and coughs sped up for a new scary AI!

Where can i find the book,i know it's in the city somewhere and i have to look up,but i can't seem to find it.
    loving it to play thief gold after so many years....

Quote Originally Posted by griswold View Post
    Where can i find the book,i know it's in the city somewhere and i have to look up,but i can't seem to find it.
    loving it to play thief gold after so many years....
    You need to search in an area occupied by scrappers/thieves in the Coghill Market & Depot area of your map. I think the look up clue maybe only helps you to get into the area - not to actually locate the book.

Excellent mission with a wonderful intricate, dark and abandoned TDP type city - plus a nice tense atmosphere. Finished on Expert with a good 1500 loot left to get so I wonder if I've missed a key area? The fast zombie swordsmen and the fire zombie were tough adversaries and the submerged zombies in some of the water areas were always a scare.

Didn't find a use for these items left in inventory - have I missed a side quest or two?
    • Sapphire Vase
    • Ancient Fire poker
    • Antique Bracelet
    • Old Rosary
    • Hilrem Pendant
    • Old Maester Medal

Thanks for a great mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    You need to search in an area occupied by scrappers/thieves in the Coghill Market & Depot area of your map. I think the look up clue maybe only helps you to get into the area - not to actually locate the book.
    thanx,found it

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    Didn't find a use for these items left in inventory - have I missed a side quest or two?
    • Sapphire Vase
    • Ancient Fire poker
    • Antique Bracelet
    • Old Rosary
    • Hilrem Pendant
    • Old Maester Medal
    I believe they're special items to fulfil the contract you can buy on the loadout screen

I've finished this mission today and I have to say there were only few times I was ever this immersed when playing Thief FMs. Stunning visual and sound design. There is one thing I didn't enjoy nearly as much though.

Scrappers' hideout area has 4 possible entry points (I'm not counting the gate), 3 of them being very close to each other. Assuming you enter through one and exit through another, checking out the others means going through the area you've already been to possibly twice. Even keeping in mind the surprises some of the routes had in store it still was disappointing, at least to me.

There's a similar situation with Medwick Tower area which has 4 or 5 ways to enter. Here they're a bit more interesting and spread out but exploring all of them still means doing loops around Medwick Tower. Personally I'd find it more interesting if some of them instead of leading to the tower featured some small area with loot at the end, even if that would mean having to do some backtracking on the way back. For example the east side entry where you use a rope arrow could end with an attic just showing you the tower area through a window. Sewers are for the most part not very interesting from the map design perspective because they don't lead to any areas you can't access in other way.

In general this mission focuses on the multi-routes design the moment you enter Old Quarter proper. It no doubt was an intentional decision by the author(s) and I've seen some people being very happy about having a setup like that in other missions, so it's possible I'm even in the minority not liking this approach. Time constraint was also a thing so maybe some compromises have had to be made.

All of that being said, the individual areas' level design and architecture were very good which still made traversing the map very enjoyable.
    Last edited by czyys; 14th Dec 2018 at 16:37.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiz View Post
    I believe they're special items to fulfil the contract you can buy on the loadout screen
    Thanks Swiz - I hadn't realised the significance of the contract item at loadout and so didn't buy it. Good excuse to go back and replay!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12