TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Lost Among The Forsaken (11/30/2018)

L'architecte de Rocksbourg
    Quote Originally Posted by glwhalen View Post
    I've done this. I've looked up, down, and all around but no scriptures. Would someone please provide the specific place? Thanks!
    You'd need to go to the East side of the mission, in Coghill Market and Depot, in the Scrappers hideout.

In need a direct spoil please for the same question.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    In need a direct spoil please for the same question.

When you open the power station gate and activate the power, there is 2 gates that opens, one obove the power station, and other to the west, go above, and then head to east to find Coghill Market, see it on map.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    Ok so it has nothing to do with that... for those in the future looking for the same thing ... it's in the scrappers' hideout. I had to break down a door to get it.
    There is a
    key to that door in the next room.
    I finished with 3560 loot. I feel that the navigation was confusing but otherwise this mission was very well done.

Help needed!

How do I get the arm of St. Lucard? I was able to open the door in the lowest level of catacombs and far in the distance in some glowing tunnel I can see a standing skeleton with one golden arm. As soon as I try to walk or run towards it I plummet into the pit below to my certain death. Am I missing something here?

Even after the blessing of mother's tomb with holy water, a ring (or something similar, I didn't check on it that thoroughly) is spawned on her tomb. After picking it up the ring doesn't show in my inventory! Is this how it is intended to be, because it seems to me very odd that something doesn't show in my inventory after picking it up? One other thing though, the vial of holy water keeps on respawning in my inventory every time I pick up the ring!

Any hints will be appreciated

Did you read the plaque on the floor? The mother's blessing is part of what you need.

Most of the items are nearby but one is near the start as was mentioned earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Did you read the plaque on the floor? The mother's blessing is part of what you need.

Most of the items are nearby but one is near the start as was mentioned earlier.
    Hallo john9818a!

Of course I did read the plaque and placed all of the items according to the plaque. But still it feels as if I'm missing something here. Maybe is my Faith in the Builder not strong enough to carry me across. So I even tried the "jump of faith* and jumped forward, but that didn't work either.

I placed each item on the corresponding sarcophogas and heard an audible indication on each item when it was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    You'd need to go to the East side of the mission, in Coghill Market and Depot, in the Scrappers hideout.
    Thank you! I'd been near there but had not explored sufficiently.

The amount of detail in this mission was absolutely phenomenal! I'm kind of stunned, really. I was wandering this maze for about 2 hours, and feel like I missed about a fourth of what there is to see (I only finished with half the loot). I still don't really have a layout in my head...it's just so freaking vast.

The visual effect you did for the area where you find the arm was probably my favorite technical effect of the contest so far. The fire zombie was a whole lotta NOOOOooPPE.

SO good. If you're reading through these threads deciding which contest mission to play first/next, don't sleep on this one!

Awesome CREEPY mission!! Loved the atmosphere, the amazing sounds and creatures. Made me jump a bunch of times!

Thoroughly enjoyed it! I'd say a 9 out of 10!

Can't go any further, without help!

Now I'm totally desperate, because I'm unable to finish the mission. As already mentioned I'm in the catacombs near the end of the level. where you need to place 4 certain items on top of 4 tombs to progress further. I've already placed 3 of them for the two brothers the 2 hammers, and for the father the Builder's scripture. Someone mentioned to drop the holy water vial onto the top of mother's tomb, which I did, but I didn't hear any chime which could be heard by placing other 3 items onto their belonging tombs. One other thing is that when the vial of holy water is placed onto mother's tomb, (I simply drop it when standing on the tomb), it fell through the tomb's upper lid, and is not more visible on top of it like the other 3 items. I suppose I did not use the correct vial for it, because I'm using the holy water vial which can be used in inventory to bless the water arrows to be used against undead as a weapon. Is there any other "special" holy water vial in the mission which I somehow overlooked during my ventures through the mission? The only part where I'm struggling is how to reach that skeleton at the end of the glowing tunnel, without falling to death into the pits right after the final opening?

Any help is welcome! Thanks in advance.

Drakhat:

Hint #1: You are close to the solution. Technically, don't need the holy water vial for the last tomb.
    Hint #2: The solution, however, is related to holy water.
    Solution: Shoot shoot a holy water arrow at the tomb. There is a fountain with holy water nearby.

Excellent work! One of the best FMs I've ever played. Thanks to the author!

I have a couple questions: where is the left arm of the saint? And where I can find infos on the missing guy?

@R_G - In the area with the burning zombie there's a hole in the ground, look there

Dark, smelly, dilapidated, infested, ... and I loved every minute of it!

You couldn't have said it better than Slyfoxx did before me. This was just beautiful in every way possible. I couldn't imagine this not being in top missions ever played.
    I would suggest that anyone playing this be prepared like I was to search every inch of this mission, and be comfortable going back to areas you'd rather avoid. I never got stuck once on expert, but did miss something I needed for the ending objective and had to go all the way back to the Scrappers hideout.
    Last edited by Ravenus1; 17th Feb 2019 at 20:22.

As the results are in, I'd like to thank you all for playing my mission, and for your generous votes. I didn't expect my mission to be placed so high on the scoring list, I feel that missions like Rose Garden, Whistling of the Gear and Sound of a Burrick in a Room are much better than mine. Thanks a lot!

While I'm at it, here's the full credit list, as it was anonymous as well. Besides, I was in such a hurry to release the mission on time, that I completely forgot to mention my excellent voice actors

Custom textures, meshes and sounds : DrK, Firemage, Squadarofl, Skacky.
    Dromed Wizardry and details : Firemage.
    Architecture and details : Squadarofl.
    Voice acting : Yandros, Random_taffer, Andrew Bartmess.
    Spellcheck on readables : Tannar.
    Betatesters : DarkMax, Firemage, FlixXxer, JarlFrank, Marbleman, Skacky, Squadarofl, Zoro.

Most of all, I wish to thank my partners in crime, Skacky Squada and Firemage. Without their help and idea's, the mission wouldn't have that extra flavor

Thank You DrK for one of the best FM in Thief's history ;))

It is always hard for an author to judge their own work. Considering how highly this FM scored in the contest vote, I hope that confirms that everyone else seems to think this is an incredible mission, definitely on par with Sound of A Burrick In A Room and Whistling of The Gears.

I guess we now know why these three missions have such a similar and staggering architectural magic... they are all made by members of Feuillade Industries!

Yeah, we shared the same lore as well, mostly between mine and firemage's mission.

Take these 3 missions, mix them, spice it up with some Watery Grave, and it's Black Parade in a nutshell.

Well, in that case, we have the greatest campaign in Thief history to look forward to.

Is the lore that you shared something that is shared with The Black Parade? Will we see the Scrappers in The Black Parade?

Much respect to Tannar and Pukey, as their missions really were awesome and ambitious. But the Feuillade Industries maps were my three favorite in the contest. I guess I have a thing for French dudes.

Yes it's the same lore, though we don't really have plans to include the scrappers in the campaign yet. They came out in one of our autistic brainstorming sessions some time ago, and we didn't plan on using them. Same with the idea of a guild getting rid of bodies in the abandonned quarter. I wanted to explore this theme a bit further and this mission was a good opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by DrK View Post
    I didn't expect my mission to be placed so high on the scoring list
    Of all the contest missions yours arguably was the most atmospheric, it was a wonderful map and rightly deserved a very high placing in the scoring.

So thank you for an unforgettable mission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast