TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Making a Profit (11/30/2018)

Thank you vfig. I am nearly finished, but kinda short of loot. Even found really small rings in the manor. Also I did loot the place where the Hand was, but there wasn't much valuables there. Where are major loot places?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thank you vfig. I am nearly finished, but kinda short of loot. Even found really small rings in the manor. Also I did loot the place where the Hand was, but there wasn't much valuables there. Where are major loot places?
    There are three gold nuggets in the caves/ritual chamber worth ~100. In the manor, there are valuable wine bottles hidden in the library, the room with the balcony, and the larder. There’s a hidden stash of 150 coins in the Hammerite Sanctuary, as well as several easily missed loot items in the crypt. There’s three loot items in the graveyard (not counting the big mausoleum or the small one with the secret door). Hopefully some of those are new to you!

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    There are three gold nuggets in the caves/ritual chamber worth ~100. In the manor, there are valuable wine bottles hidden in the library, the room with the balcony, and the larder. There’s a hidden stash of 150 coins in the Hammerite Sanctuary, as well as several easily missed loot items in the crypt. There’s three loot items in the graveyard (not counting the big mausoleum or the small one with the secret door). Hopefully some of those are new to you!
    Thank you! Finished with the "obligatory" loot on expert. Loot is well hidden in this mission. I loved this and has great replay value for me. The mountain setting and the city architecture is very stylish and unique. It's a 27/30 from me. Looking forward to hear from you making other FMs, possibly for Thief2 as well.

Looking forward to hear from you making other FMs, possibly for Thief2 as well.
    Thanks! I have a couple things in the works already.

There are at least two doors I can't find a key for.

One is a reddish one metal door opening from the streets, and the other is from the pub kitchen, a mage door.
    Where should I search a key for them?

There are at least two doors I can't find a key for.

One is a reddish one metal door opening from the streets, and the other is from the pub kitchen, a mage door.
    Where should I search a key for them?
    Er... wrong thread?

it tells me I need new dark 1.26... uh , I have it... not sure what is going on

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    1. Check thief.exe (product version). It has to be 1.26
    2. This is a version check based on squirrel scripts. Check the path to osms in cam_mod.ini. It doesn't hurt to copy squirrel.osm into the root folder

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Funny mission, very entertaining. The most advanced mission scripting in a TG mission ever
    Last edited by Unna Oertdottir; 24th Dec 2018 at 03:55.

Pretty good mission.
    The city was nice to look at, especially from around the tower, it wasn't very interesting to explore though. It consists mostly of big open areas and empty streets which only lead you between them. The puzzles were simple but that's ok, although I don't see a reason why Argaux would have anything helping outsiders get to the secret room set up in his apartment. The other puzzle tied in nicely with the story and I like how you had two lines prepared for Garrett in case the player wouldn't guess the order for the last 3 levers.
    The story was overall the highlight of the mission, interesting conversations, twist which caught me off-guard and an amazingly set up ritual.
    Adding to this all the rest of the elements like sound design means we get atmosphere which also was pretty good.
    21/30 is the score from me.

Quote Originally Posted by czyys View Post
    although I don't see a reason why Argaux would have anything helping outsiders get to the secret room set up in his apartment.
    It’s not for outsiders, he wrote it down so he wouldn’t forget. And hid it behind a banner so others wouldn’t see it. He is perhaps not very good at secrecy

It’s not for outsiders
    Yeah, I know it's not meant to be, it's just how it ends up.

he wrote it down so he wouldn’t forget. And hid it behind a banner so others wouldn’t see it. He is perhaps not very good at secrecy
    I know it's just a video game in the end, but to be honest when you put it like this, I can sorta see it working in the Thief universe

I think I broke the mission, or rather the mission broke me might be a better way to put it.

The problem started when I was hiding in the hammerite chapel, and I picked the Warden's Quarters key from a priest-like guy in the chapel. Then the priest-like guy went into an adjacent room and locked it. I assumed (incorrectly) that the guy was the Warden, but the Warden's Quarters key did not work on his door. I could never find a key that opened that door in a long time hunting. Then I read a note about meeting some guy in the garden. I did that, but he did not have the key on him. The priest-like guy proceeded into a door off the end of the guarden and locked it behind him. Same problem. I could not open that either. So I reloaded a save and held the door open (an exploit) when he entered. I didn't find much of use other than loot in there.

I also found a note mentioning that someone lived under the bell tower. So I went back to the bell tower and found essentially nothing but a rope arrow. I used the rope arrow kindly provided to go out one of the windows and jumped to a flying buttress below, taking damage. Then I found the secret entrance to the locked room, and how I have the crypt key.

EDIT 2: I was mistaken. I found the preferred sequence. My source of confusion might still be of interest. The Warden's key opens the Warden's room, which I had forgotten about. The Priests key is in a secret place. The mysterious quarters I could not enter were the Priest's quarters. The jump to the flying buttress is necessary only for people like me who failed to find the necessary secret.
    Last edited by smithpd; 25th Dec 2018 at 02:46.

Quote Originally Posted by smithpd View Post
    I think I broke the mission, or rather the mission broke me might be a better way to put it.
    I was going to reply clarifying the situation, but from your edit I see you have got it figured out after all. The ordinary assignment of rooms is shown by the gold plaques by the upstairs bedrooms and (if you found it beforehand) the map of the Sanctuary. But the temporary situation has everyone staying in somebody else's bedroom just to mix things up

The problem started when I was hiding in the hammerite chapel, and I picked the Warden's Quarters key from a priest-like guy in the chapel. Then the priest-like guy went into an adjacent room and locked it. I assumed (incorrectly) that the guy was the Warden, but the Warden's Quarters key did not work on his door. I could never find a key that opened that door in a long time hunting. Then I read a note about meeting some guy in the garden. I did that, but he did not have the key on him. The priest-like guy proceeded into a door off the end of the guarden and locked it behind him. Same problem. I could not open that either. So I reloaded a save and held the door open (an exploit) when he entered. I didn't find much of use other than loot in there.
    I don't consider tailgating the priest to be an exploit. I made him patrol in and out of that room specifically so that players could get into the locked area by holding the door open! Although I guess you missed the secret door to the private staircase at that time.

I also found a note mentioning that someone lived under the bell tower. So I went back to the bell tower and found essentially nothing but a rope arrow. I used the rope arrow kindly provided to go out one of the windows and jumped to a flying buttress below, taking damage. Then I found the secret entrance to the locked room, and how I have the crypt key.
    The note means not the tower itself, but the ground floor room below it, where the Warden is snoring when you first arrive. The jump from the tower is another intended way into that locked area without the key; it's intentionally "too high", but it can be done without damage if you land higher up on the roof first and slide.

EDIT 2: I was mistaken. I found the preferred sequence. My source of confusion might still be of interest. The Warden's key opens the Warden's room, which I had forgotten about. The Priests key is in a secret place. The mysterious quarters I could not enter were the Priest's quarters. The jump to the flying buttress is necessary only for people like me who failed to find the necessary secret.
    Finding the Priest's key is the "obvious" solution, but not my favourite one. Congratulations on finding not just one but two of the alternate ways in!

Thanks for taking the time to reply on Christmas, vfig! Merry Christmas to you.

I went back and did the jump to the buttress properly, as you described, so now I could probably ghost the mission if I wanted to replay a large fraction of it, re-finding around 600 loot. I think I will just keep moving. I have returned the items to the fishmonger, so I am making progress.

i solved the horns puzzle at the mausoleum and the iron grating are open, but how can i go up to the loots of the mausoleum?

edit solved

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    This item has a diagram that explains the order for the first four horns (I to IIII) relative to the compass. You have to guess the order for the other three.
    I figured it out by dropping the thief's scroll in water to clean the blood stain, and then most of the sequence was revealed.

How do I get into the tower at Lady Di Rupo's manor?
    Last edited by john9818a; 26th Dec 2018 at 15:54.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    How do I get into the tower at Lady Di Rupo's manor?
    You’ll be able to get in there later as the story progresses.

Ok I'm at the point where I need to find the ritual place. Can I get a hint on the locating please?

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Ok I'm at the point where I need to find the ritual place. Can I get a hint on the locating please?
    So you have been given a safe key. Find where the safe is in Lady di Rupo’s manor and you’ll know where to go next.

Ok thanks vfig! This is a very nicely done mission. I found about 1/3 of the secrets so I'll have to go back later and look for more. Oddly, as soon as I finished and Thief exited, our power went out.

where is the safe key? The one for the safe in the manor?

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    where is the safe key? The one for the safe in the manor?
    Carry on with your objectives and you will get it later

OK, well, all objectives complete except return but I never found the safe key

Quote Originally Posted by rustmite View Post
    OK, well, all objectives complete except return but I never found the safe key
    That’s normal. Just go back to the canal as your objectives suggest.

This one was a lot of fun, and a bit bigger than I was expecting going in.

The lighting falloff, as mentioned before, probably should be fixed, and I did have a weird issue where the text for some readables (on parchments, I think?) was weirdly translucent in a way that made it hard to read, but it didn't affect every readable; books were fine, for instance.

Other than that, though, it was solid fun. If I had to offer a criticism, it might've been cool if disrupting the ritual was more involved. As is a couple flashbombs and it was done.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast