TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Rose Garden (11/30/2018)

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    Im facing a bug sometimes which prevents me to use my items , drop items, when shooting rope arrows they are freezed in air, but when i exit and reload the game things work well again. other than that im loving this mission.

How do i identify the firewatch building ?
    This is, sadly, a known bug which seems connected to complex, large missions. Just do a reload or an exit to fix.

The Firewatch building is immeditely south of Rose Garden. Go up from Halfsequin Ct.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    This is, sadly, a known bug which seems connected to complex, large missions. Just do a reload or an exit to fix.

The Firewatch building is immeditely south of Rose Garden. Go up from Halfsequin Ct.
    I think i came across another bug: Bernalt has entered the big yellow brick building, but the goal didn't tick off i assume i finished the mission? the only goal left is to find my exit.
    Last edited by Cardia; 4th Dec 2018 at 10:28.

Congratulation Melan for winning the secret contest!

Quote Originally Posted by Cardia View Post
    I think i came across another bug: Bernalt has entered the big yellow brick building, but the goal didn't tick off i assume i finished the mission? the only goal left is to find my exit.
    Like the readable says, someone will open a window so you can enter this building. Go inside and explore.

Quote Originally Posted by GUFF View Post
    Like the readable says, someone will open a window so you can enter this building. Go inside and explore.
    Thank you i will check it. This is why i should read the readame files.

This is another masterpiece for T1. Melan, thank you very much for this gift

Finished, almost 3 hours of gameplay, What an amazing experience i had with this one, The map is giant and so beautiful, an insane level design that made the scenarios stand out in a very dynamic way, warm atmospheres everywhere, sweet enjoyable gamelplay, interesting readables, ambient sounds well chosen and well placed, beautiful constructions that creates a magical scenario. Gabor thank you so much for making this gemstone, i like your TDM mission, but i prefer when you make mission with Dromed, i hope youll do more beauties like this one for thief 1/G or thief 2

I will replay this one on "expert" another time, my score for this mission is 9 out of 10.

THANK YOU !!!

I can't finish the last main objective. When the NPC reaches the destination, it passes through the grate, but the goal is not marked. I neutralized all the hired assassins, and also washed all the marks on the walls (only 6?). It looks like a bug.
    I also noticed that two other strange NPCs appeared on the streets: a bald man and a servant in a green shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    I can't finish the last main objective. When the NPC reaches the destination, it passes through the grate, but the goal is not marked. I neutralized all the hired assassins, and also washed all the marks on the walls (only 6?). It looks like a bug.
    I also noticed that two other strange NPCs appeared on the streets: a bald man and a servant in a green shirt.
    Go inside the building the NPC went into. The readable you found at Rose Garden with the fire tower key tells you that when he gets there, someone else will open a window for you to get in. After you get inside, just explore the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    Lol, that's exactly what i was also complaining about in one of my previous posts, i think Gabor should uodate later the mission and let know players that they have to follow him by entering the window in the yellow brick bulding

Did you just stormed the entire map without reading any documents?

"(...) I have left you a key to Firewatch Tower, where the district's emergency gate control mechanisms are located. With the key in your possession, you can ring the bell early - and have a fighting chance while the opposition is still mustering. A man has also been entrusted to get you into Grandmauden's - he will open a side window when Bernalt arrives safely at the mansion gates. If he doesn't... what use letting an amateur into a wasp's nest swarming with the city's finest?"

But yes let's ask Melan to add a Skyrim Questmark next time.

Yes, but the goals says: follow Albatar to see where goes, and not follow him and break into the building where he enters, so i assumed it was just to follow him till he enters a building, and then the goal would tick off , there so many readables in this mission (most of them go to Garrett's inventory), and since its a game im more concentrated in exploring the map than checking all the countless readables to see what i've i missed.
    Last edited by Cardia; 5th Dec 2018 at 06:20.

Damn, I did not carefully read the texts. Now I was able to get to that window.

Quote Originally Posted by Squadarofl View Post
    But yes let's ask Melan to add a Skyrim Questmark next time.
    It seems there is one custom script that allows to do something like that. Or not?
    Just wondering how it would look like in FMs.

Classical Master 2008
    I spent a year on making this mission (and the last month was basically overtime each night to get it finished), so no thanks, I don't want to touch Dromed for a few months. I am also fine with that objective, since it is fairly clearly outlined in the readables. (If you wanted obscure, you shoulda seen the first beta!)

But there is a much bigger mistake in the mission! I forgot to credit JarlFrank for betatesting in the readme.

For that, I do apologise!

(Could you do quest markers with design notes? I wonder...)

I wonder if Downwinder noticed the sword planted in the intruder painting?

Classic Melan mission. Huge city with each building having their own mysteries, secrets and shady characters. The writing is just as good as always, not to mention the number of ways of getting around plus the well placed ambient sounds (which has always been a highlight in the author's FMs). I loved each second of it! Especially the thing

I can only second this: A terrific mission - as was expected from Melan!

As a matter of fact I have found a new home in this district after about eight(!) hours.
    The old tennant decided to move out after some encouragement, but the rotten taffer hid the housekey very well...

Tomorrow I will move my furniture from Keywell to here and hunt for the missing loot.
    The remaining 5% will secure the next month, I guess.

Im stuck with that golden plate objective, what am i supose to do? I dont have a golden plate, where can i find it?

Zaratul: Check the outside of the Master Forger's house more carefully.

Finally beat this super long mission. It took me roughly 4,5 hours which translate to 2 days of exploring this city. I really like attention to detail about story. And atmosphere is great. I really liked that the city gets more alive after Grandmauden objective. But there are some things that really annoyed me:

1. Bugs: few times happened that after taking crate I was unable to drop it, reloading helped. But there was another bug which made me unable to use my weapons. Without realizing this I quicksaved the game and this screwed my quicksave and forced to return to hard save. Luckily I needed to repeat just 10 min of gameplay. But from that moment I had in mind to not repeat my mistake and I was using blackjack before saving. This is one thing that really destroyed my fun with this mission.

2. Hiding progress by really awkward secrets. Finding Rose Garden took me 3,5 hours. And the reason for that isn't just because this mission is a maze with many many options. No, the biggest problem for me is that mission force me to find really awkward secrets to progress. Finding progress sure is satisfying, but search for it is... dreadful feeling.

First one is skull riddle. My first thoughts were - this is definitely for secret bonus loot. I didn't notice lock until much later, so I had no idea where to use item from riddle. On top of that this item is accessible via rope arrow. For Lava God sake there is so many places accessible via rope arrow. Finding about this secret room being progress path was really shocking.

Second one was near Hightowne Archive. Path to Rose Garden is blocked by gate. Behind it is lever. So close and yet so far. I don't see any paths around. This makes me cry. That's how I end first day of my playthrough. Total despair. Next day I found green bush above my head. I didn't thought that this will work or is this something more than little bonus. It happened to be progress path. Thanks to that I managed to find new part of the city and unlock... return path to the rest of the city. Thoughts at this moment: "WHERE SHOULD I GO?! WHERE SHOULD I GO?!! WHERE IN THE WORLD SHOULD I GO?!!!!!!!!". Finally found the path, by searching for it was really devastating.

I think author just went too far with this annoying part of exploration.

3. Loot. It's true there is a lot of loot in this mission. But it's value is very small. Watching how slow it raise is scary. At the end at Grandmauden I was seriously panicking that I will be forced to explore this huge maze again. Luckily I barely get enough loot.

The engraved skull is not necessary to progress. It's a nice shortcut but you can get to the other side without it.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    The engraved skull is not necessary to progress. It's a nice shortcut but you can get to the other side without it.
    Are you kidding me? If there is another path, then it's even better hidden than this shortcut that I barely found.

There are two ways to go to Rose Garden:

- Going through Al-Asri's by circling around Mortesaigues' (Al-Asri is the red brick manor with the cupolas).
    - Climbing all the way to the top of Cistern Court and hopping over a pink-tiled roof to the west.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    Second one was near Hightowne Archive. Path to Rose Garden is blocked by gate. Behind it is lever. So close and yet so far. I don't see any paths around. This makes me cry. That's how I end first day of my playthrough. Total despair. Next day I found green bush above my head. I didn't thought that this will work or is this something more than little bonus. It happened to be progress path. Thanks to that I managed to find new part of the city and unlock... return path to the rest of the city. Thoughts at this moment: "WHERE SHOULD I GO?! WHERE SHOULD I GO?!! WHERE IN THE WORLD SHOULD I GO?!!!!!!!!". Finally found the path, by searching for it was really devastating.
    Well, sorry to read you had an unpleasant experience. On the other hand, you actually did something that's entirely original and completely unintended, and something which none of the testers (a small army of dedicated Thief veterans, most of whom have made their own missions, too) have found. At first, I didn't even understand what you were talking about. Roping up next to that potted tree is NOT any of the intended ways in. It is a brand new discovery that's completely legitimate, but well outside the box. Actually, even gaining access to that city section with the skull is a side-effect of a fairly obscure side-mission - it should mostly be gated off from you until you have visited Rose Garden.

I am genuinely impressed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast