TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Rose Garden (11/30/2018)

....It seems I'm the only one stuck at the beginning......All gates closed, no places to rope....I could only visit the wineseller....Little help pls????

@maga There is a ventilation shaft above the throne... I mean, the toilet

LOL, I tried going down the hole, but didn't look up........

This one was a lot of fun, and I love all the little intrigue going on. One question, is there a way to get into the Keeper area you can see out the window and across the way near where you pick up your further instructions in the Rose Garden?.

Even after spending hours exploring the place I still ended up missing a little over 1,000 in loot, so...wow, there's a ton of stuff hidden around.

Damn, this mission has so many readables.

I'm at the nobleman's place (the one who killed his wife), and got the vault key, but there's nowhere to use it other than an outside door. The vault itself has no keyhole for it

Classical Master 2008
    Kerrle: No (to my knowledge - crates might work!)
    Azaran: The vault is inaccessible on N/H, you needn't worry about it. (The key is kinda awkwardly named )

OK I'm stuck. I'm enjoying this one, but it sure is a confusing maze.

I've got the new objective from Rose Garden, and I need to ring a bell at Firewatch. I can find Firewatch on the map, but it's behind a locked gate, and I can't find any way to get further west than that without climbing out of the level. I have a City Access Key, but no clue or idea what it unlocks or where.

@nicked: If it's the gate I'm thinking of (the one with a brick wall behind it), there is a lockbox next to it.

I've been a lot of places and haven't identified Rose Garden yet! Is it the garden with the target and huge painting? If so, where's the 3rd floor?

If not, I need a great big spoiler.

Classical Master 2008
    nicked: What marbleman said. After the barrier, don't forget to look up.

ffox: You are almost there! Look for a window you can climb through. Continue onwards.

It's this gate: https://ibb.co/RhG9rgY

If there's a lockbox here, it's very well hidden because I can't find it. I've tried climbing all round this area, and I can't seem to find any legitimate way into the area beyond this gate.

Ah, you need to go back to rose garden. There is a portcullis there before the hedgemaze, it's the one with the lockbox.

Classical Master 2008
    nicked: No. The gate opens from Rose Garden (to the south).

Right, ok, thanks! Now I have to see if I can remember how to get back there...

Also explored a bit more, made a ludicrous roof jump that definitely can't be the intended route, and I've ended up stumbling upon the prison, the Spectacle of Sinners. I climbed up on the hammer and the beams above because I could see a gate, but it doesn't frob, and I have no way back down without losing all my health. Is there something I'm missing here?

Classical Master 2008
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Azaran: The vault is inaccessible on N/H, you needn't worry about it. (The key is kinda awkwardly named )
    Thanks, that clears it up.

I did find something interesting, not sure if it's a bug, but was quite a surprise. After I go to Grandmauden's, and Bernalt dies, I came back to the area around his place, and lo and behold, a second Bernalt pacing back and forth

This and Sound of a Burrick are neck and neck for my top spot right now

3 and a half hours later, finally finished (1500 loot short). Impressive in every way. 30/30

Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    This one was a lot of fun, and I love all the little intrigue going on. One question, is there a way to get into the Keeper area you can see out the window and across the way near where you pick up your further instructions in the Rose Garden?.

Actually, you can get close without crates with a bit of fancy footwork. Start from the window from which you can see it and do a very diagonal accurate jump to the narrow ledge on the building. But the grate in front of the Keeper door is unfrobbable, so you still can't get in.

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    Thanks, that clears it up.

I did find something interesting, not sure if it's a bug, but was quite a surprise. After I go to Grandmauden's, and Bernalt dies, I came back to the area around his place, and lo and behold, a second Bernalt pacing back and forth
    Oh, that bloody area!!! I crated my way there only to realize it's only there to show you "Bernalt" when he starts his walk. Also gives you access to some backstage area with an interesting view, but that's it! Not even a dime of loot for my trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowgrab View Post
    Oh, that bloody area!!! I crated my way there only to realize it's only there to show you "Bernalt" when he starts his walk. Also gives you access to some backstage area with an interesting view, but that's it! Not even a dime of loot for my trouble!
    I got there using a speed potion, but yeah not much to see

I used to think Disorientation was the best FM ever made until Rose Garden came out. This is what perfection is.

Stunning FM. Already 4 hours of excellent gameplay and far from seeing an end. And i'm so fine with that.
    But i have some troubles with Mr. Bernalt.

When i try to make a safe way for him, he panicks and forgets his route. How can i do that without him noticing me or a silenced assassin?

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    I have some troubles with Mr. Bernalt.When i try to make a safe way for him, he panicks and forgets his route. How can i do that without him noticing me or a silenced assassin?
    Me too, after some reloads I jumped from the balcony, ran ahead of him and took out the killers.

BTW does the german version work? I heard about some difficulties because of TFix 1.26a ...
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I like this mission very much.
    Four hours of playing. 3200 of loot collected, all the objectives ticked. I only have to escape from the Hightowne.
    I can't find the entrance to the jail(I want to save a thief). I have only a key. And where is the rest of loot?

Thanks, zappen.

I was in doubt, if this was the way it's meant to be done.

It took a few attempts auf failures, but Mr.Bernalt finally reached the gate and left the map.

Yes, i use TFix1.26a and noticed no problem. Knock on wood.
    Last edited by UliB; 10th Dec 2018 at 16:36.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast