TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Rose Garden (11/30/2018)

Of course, the intended solution is that after you get your further instructions but BEFORE you ring a bell, you go around the map and delete the X marks by frobbing them. If you've read the right readables, you'll realise that the mysterious opposition has hired sellswords and assassins and drew those marks there to tell them where to wait for Bernalt. If you erase the signs, they won't spawn. The X marks are only erasable after reading the instructions at the rogues' tavern.

Quote Originally Posted by UliB View Post
    Thanks, zappen.
    I was in doubt, if this was the way it's meant to be done.
    It took a few attempts auf failures, but Mr.Bernalt finally reached the gate and left the map. But the objective still is not checked off.
    You have to go into the building (Grandmauden's) through an open window on the balcony. Then explore and that objective will eventually unfold

Thanks, Arrowgrab and Azaran.

I arrived at the fire bell very quick after the visit at rose garden and was eager to see what will happen...

Yes, the objective ticked off a bit later in the story. That's why i changed my comment about that.

Finally replayed this mission and finally found intended path. It was much easier now that I knew what stuff wasn't intended and it only took me 30 min. 2 things that made me to not use it:

1. Not noticing that there is second exit from Mortesaigues Manor. I didn't notice this fallen tree above second window.

2. Near al-Asri Mansion there is wooden bridge above the street. I used rope arrow and mantle onto it. It leads straight to Skull Door. I thought it was intended, but after reading author comment I think it may not be intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vera View Post
    I like this mission very much.
    Four hours of playing. 3200 of loot collected, all the objectives ticked. I only have to escape from the Hightowne.
    I can't find the entrance to the jail(I want to save a thief). I have only a key.
    The prisoners are easily reachable from the ground and you may already have been there.
    If not: Don't expect a door - you directly walk in and get to the prisoners. Think "public shaming".
    The object you already have is the solution, actually...

And where is the rest of loot?
    You are missing so much (from max loot that is) that I suspect that there is still a good portion all over the place.
    That means only general tips will help: Progress slowly, look high & low and behind everything, look on every cupboard etc.

Hope that helps, cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Cat View Post
    I wonder if Downwinder noticed the sword planted in the intruder painting?

yes i did,

I've been having problems playing this mission. I found it really hard to access anything or know where to go, and sometimes I get symptoms of being 'out of objects" and I can't drop objects or fire arrows.

I made it up to an area above the canal where there is one guard on patrol on a long stair case which leads to a hexagonal room, and I also managed to get up to a ledge with a large tree that is next to the cathedral, but I'm not sure of where to go next.

stucking at the beginning. how can i get out of the first area of the vintner ?

radogoal inspect the "throne room" very carefully.

sorry the only objekt i can get in is the house of the vintner, but inside i can't find a throne room

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I've been having problems playing this mission. I found it really hard to access anything or know where to go, and sometimes I get symptoms of being 'out of objects" and I can't drop objects or fire arrows.
    This is a known bug (noted in the readme). If it surfaces, either a reload or a quit to desktop/restart should take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I made it up to an area above the canal where there is one guard on patrol on a long stair case which leads to a hexagonal room, and I also managed to get up to a ledge with a large tree that is next to the cathedral, but I'm not sure of where to go next.
    This is a side area. To progress further in the mission, go back to the staircase, and hop across the gargoyles to a small tavern, and north to Morwyn Str.

radogoal: Check above the toilet.

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    Quote Originally Posted by Melan View Post
    This is a known bug (noted in the readme).
    This is not a bug, it's just a mistake. You're very close to the max brush count (modders notes: Max brushes: 16384). Type info_window in DromEd and count the brushes. It's 16225
    In game mode, many new objects are created which exceed the max IDs. You'll get an assertion error. The result is that the game doesn't work any more. No more obj IDs available.
    Deleteting about 200-300 junk brushes will solve the issue (they are floating everywhere, even in the solid) and compress_br_ids will solve this issue.

Thanks Melan! I think that's where I actually came from but I'll double check tonight.

I figured the resources are being maxed out and the obj IDs specifically. I've seen this behavior before during testing, and currently I'm having to reload my quicksave very often. Sometimes it doesn't help. On the plus side I was able to pick up Archer arrows because they didn't disappear on impact.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234