TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission Rose Garden (11/30/2018)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

TDP20AC Mission Rose Garden (11/30/2018)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission Rose Garden by Melan.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission, and by extension every mission made for the contest, is for THIEF GOLD. As such, do not load it with Thief 2! It is highly recommended you do not use the Enhancement Pack and/or HD texture packs to play this mission. It is also recommended you uncheck all optional features TFix comes with if you update to the latest version of the full executable.

Cool! Melan's style is one of my favorites, and I'll starting with this one.

I have almost finished the mission, but I'm stuck at Lord Haskell's mansion. I'm short of one water arrow for the puzzle. Is there anywhere nearby I can get one? I really don't feel like restarting the mission.

Classical Master 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Cat View Post
    I have almost finished the mission, but I'm stuck at Lord Haskell's mansion. I'm short of one water arrow for the puzzle. Is there anywhere nearby I can get one? I really don't feel like restarting the mission.
    Yes -- go back through Humphrey's, and look for a clue in the poor house below you.

Found them! Thank you, Melan.

I'm still stumped on the puzzle though. Does anyone have a hint for removing Lord Haskell's gem from the safe?

Found them! Thank you, Melan.

I'm still stumped on the puzzle though. Does anyone have a hint for removing Lord Haskell's gem from the safe?

How would you remove a curse from a cursed gem?

Hint: The dead lord had a little item lying next to his body upstairs.
    Solution: Use a holy water bottle and shoot a holy water arrow at the gem.

Just started this one as the first mission of the contest entries. I knew Melan wouldn't let the community down from his previous missions. So far it's brilliant. Unbelievable atmosphere and so much to explore. Will most likely take four to five hours of exploration and sneaking around.

Awesome mission! But, stuck: Where is the fire tower to ring the bell? I haven't found anything like this yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldi View Post
    Awesome mission! But, stuck: Where is the fire tower to ring the bell? I haven't found anything like this yet.
    Rope up at Halfsequin Ct. when coming out of the Rose Garden area. May want to create a new hard save before you ring the bell though because of the new objective and how you need to deal with that.

Easteregg?

The small private cemetary was touching...

I was shooting holy water arrows at everything nearby, but somehow I didn't think of the gem itself.

I've completed all objectives but I'm short of about 700 loot and I have explored all major areas of the map as far as I know. Any ideas on where I might have missed some?

I helped the thief in jail but I don't understand his hint. I think I found the garden he mentions, with the message in it, but I don't get that hint either. I found an engraved skull, is that related?

There is also a locked door at Cistern Ct that I can't open.
    Last edited by The Black Cat; 2nd Dec 2018 at 20:11.

amazing mission wow,melan one of the best fan missions i played so far
    Last edited by downwinder; 2nd Dec 2018 at 23:44.

Classical Master 2008
    Tha Black Cat: Some of those things are related, but you are not entirely correct. They are fairly challenging bits, and Pud's tip in particular requires some lateral thinking.

There is quite a lot of loot scattered around the level. Just exploring slightly out of the way places should net you the amount you need. The palaces are your best bet.

GUFF, thank you very much! I did not notice the lock on the wall in the dark, he-he. Preliminary save really came in handy!
    Melan:

Finally completed this mission! Didn't find the answer to the riddles though. I did find the cemetery. I finished with 2485 loot... out of 4319. How is this possible?! Where was it all hiding? Anyway, thank you Melan for this wonderful mission.

I started to play this mission for about half an hour and my first impression is very good. When you first hear the title you expect a tiny mission which takes place in a small garden. But from the first impression that I got this mission seems to be huge and its style reminds me a lot on Melan's previous work "Disorentation". Im really happy to see another T1-Style FM of yours, Melan. I really didnt expected that this will ever happen. You are a true masterbuilder when I comes to T1-style FMs.

After watching someone else play this mission, I had a realization and revisited this mission. I managed to find the solution to the riddle involving the engraved skull. I also found the key to the locked door in Cistern Ct as I hadn't looked through Rose Garden thoroughly enough the first time I was there, but the secret room there looks like a puzzle of some sort. Still haven't figured out Pud's riddle though.

Classical Master 2008
    The Black Cat: If you have been to the apartment in Cistern Ct, you have solved Pud's riddle. Read his message!

Ah! I'll do that.

Apologies for all the posts, but one last thing: in one of the mansions Mortesaigues or Brascombe? there seems to be an invisible haunt. I can hear him very clearly and he seems to hear me clacking about on the tile floor as I can hear him saying "JOIN US, JOIN US NOW", but I have looked for him and he seems to be nowhere. I'm confused. Where is he?
    Last edited by The Black Cat; 4th Dec 2018 at 04:43.

Ah! I'll do that.

Apologies for all the posts, but one last thing: in the Mortesaigues (?) mansion there seems to be an invisible haunt. I can hear him very clearly and he seems to hear me clacking about on the tile floor as I can hear him saying "JOIN US, JOIN US NOW", but I have looked for him and he seems to be nowhere. I'm confused. Where is he?
    Could be outside since a number of semi-transparent haunts appear outdoors at some point. After you steal the cursed gem is when I noticed them appear

This mission is certainly quite something with the amount of stuff in it. I missed almost 1,000 loot and never figured out what to do with the skull key item. Very maze-like, just like another mission released in this contest "Lost Among the Forsaken" although that's an undead/old quarter mission.

I don't think it's outside because the sounds stop when I approach either of the mansion's exits.

EDIT: Never mind, turns out it's in the cemetery. I discovered the cemetery before getting Lord Haskell's cursed gemstone so the haunts hadn't spawned yet.
    Last edited by The Black Cat; 4th Dec 2018 at 05:06.

Insanely good mission, super impressed by the architecture and pure scale! All the little nooks and crannies I could find my way into caught me off guard. Didn't even know you could do stuff like this with Dromed!

Im facing a bug sometimes which prevents me to use my items , drop items, when shooting rope arrows they are freezed in air, but when i exit and reload the game things work well again. other than that im loving this mission.
    Last edited by Cardia; 4th Dec 2018 at 09:54.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast