TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Burning Bedlam (11/30/2018)

I'm stuck at the beginning in a relatively small area.

I have a power station key but cannot find door for it. I see a red door that I can't pick. I can also rope up to a damaged three floor place, but cannot see how to continue in any direction.

edit:

For those who are blind like me, there is a lock above the "high voltage" sign.
    Last edited by ticky; 16th Dec 2018 at 04:25.

Seems like I'm stuck again on expert.

Been up&down and everywhere I could in the asylum. I see a locked door beyond lava and and apparition, which I don't have the key for. Even saw the Matron's secret room.

Also, up in the temple, there's a sign "THE LIGHT OF THE BUILDER SHALL SET YOU FREE" - I cannot really figure this out. Is it something to do with the hanged man? Also, there are eight torches, but only 2 fire arrows (I did not use any, I just collected them on the way).

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Seems like I'm stuck again on expert.

Been up&down and everywhere I could in the asylum. I see a locked door beyond lava and and apparition, which I don't have the key for. Even saw the Matron's secret room.
    You need to get to the office, as shown on the second page of your map. Hint: the stairway has collapsed, but can you find a way there regardless? Solution: there are wooden beams above the stairway; you can rope arrow to them from the balcony where the fire is. Or you can stack crates! Once you're there, the key you are looking for, to the observation room, is on the desk.

@zappen and @ticky. The plaque "THE LIGHT OF THE BUILDER SHALL SET YOU FREE" is a play on words, I realize now that could be confusing with the unlit torches, but also those torches are not actually able to be lit. The phrase refers to the man who has committed suicide by hanging himself from the chandelier. Asylums would often have some type of verse or mission statement and this poor gentleman took the advice too literally!

@ticky, if you follow vfig's advice in the previous post you will be able to progress to the next area.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    @zappen and @ticky. The plaque "THE LIGHT OF THE BUILDER SHALL SET YOU FREE" is a play on words, I realize now that could be confusing with the unlit torches, but also those torches are not actually able to be lit. The phrase refers to the man who has committed suicide by hanging himself from the chandelier. Asylums would often have some type of verse or mission statement and this poor gentleman took the advice too literally!

@ticky, if you follow vfig's advice in the previous post you will be able to progress to the next area.
    Thank both of you! So cleverly designed area! Enjoying it.

Where do I find the treatment room key?

Azaran, search the observation rooms. For a good hint, read the list of patients.

Quote Originally Posted by Grandmauden View Post
    Azaran, search the observation rooms. For a good hint, read the list of patients.
    Yeah I had looked in Araphin's cell, but no key. Didn't find it in the others either

Explore that area a little more. One of the prisoners tried to escape into the sewers beneath her cell.

Aaah, totally missed that, thanks

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    JIS, is that you?
    This one was fun
    To be continued...I'm looking forward to this.
    A hint for future missions: You can set the elevator speed in the tpath link and don't have to write tales about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    JIS, is that you?
    This one was fun
    To be continued...I'm looking forward to this.
    A hint for future missions: You can set the elevator speed in the tpath link and don't have to write tales about it.
    Haha thank you! The default speed was 2 and I bumped it up to 3. The note was more so there to explain the elevator was moving even though you can't hear it from the starting distance. What is a comfortable elevator speed for most people?

Dóttirin klęšist oft móšur möttli
    In this case (very long distance) 5-6.

Quote Originally Posted by Unna Oertdottir View Post
    In this case (very long distance) 5-6.
    D'oh!

i'm on the floor of the observatorium. i jumped over the lava and eliminate this red guy and now i stand before a door which i can't open?

whats to do?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    i'm on the floor of the observatorium. i jumped over the lava and eliminate this red guy and now i stand before a door which i can't open?
    You need to find a way to reach the office upstairs… you'll find the observatorium key there.

I tend to avoid undead missions as a lot of them have far too many undead that are just to scary for wimps such as myself. But this mission was special, not only superbly built but with zombies and haunts that could be relatively easily avoided, killed or hidden from, making this an absolute joy to play.

The map was superbly designed and built, with only one relatively easy puzzle to negotiate so thank you Phantom for a spectacularly good mission, I enjoyed every minute. My only gripe is that you can't get back to the earlier areas to find any missing loot, a minor issue but a regret for us loot hounds.

PS. If I'm correct this is the first mission you have actually released, but what ever happened to Prophet, those screenshots looks awesome!
    Last edited by fortuni; 19th Dec 2018 at 13:36.

I am stuck! I'm in the foundry where the note fot Kevel lies, but I can't get out anymore. I can't open the cracked door.
    Help please.

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

Quote Originally Posted by Gloria Creep View Post
    I am stuck! I'm in the foundry where the note fot Kevel lies, but I can't get out anymore. I can't open the cracked door.
    Help please.

There's a metal chute leading downward right in front of that note. Crawl into it to proceed.

Thank you

There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

@fortuni - Wow! Thank you very much for such kind words! I'm glad that you enjoyed the mission. I also tend to avoid missions where the undead are overwhelming. I definitely think there should be some balance. As far as Prophet goes, that project is alive and well, albeit several years behind schedule! 5 years ago I started working a second job to pay down my debts, and I was working 80 hour work weeks for a long time, so I put a lot of hobbies aside to focus on getting myself back on track. Now that's all behind me and I am trying to make up for lost time. I don't know when Prophet will be done but I'm definitely working on it and look forward to releasing it!

@vfig - Thanks for stopping in and helping people with the mission. Every time I check the thread and someone has posted a question, you've already helped them out!

Quote Originally Posted by vfig View Post
    No, you can't jump the lava pit… from this side.

Remember that the letter you got said the mines were the best way to the asylum. You need to explore the mines some more. Look for a gate with a skeleton crushed beneath it.
    I'm still stuck.

I found the gate with the skeleton and a readable talking about barrels and the armory. The skeleton doesn't have an armory key, does it? Where do I find an armory key? Or, is there another way to open that gate?

- prjames

Never mind: Search readables carefully immediately after you finish your round-trip through the sewers. One readable will tell you exactly where the armory key is.
    Last edited by prjames; 21st Dec 2018 at 21:11.

Not finished with this one yet, but I had to stop by to say well done. This is a superbly crafted mission Phantom. So atmospheric and it certainly captures the gritty feel of TDP. Looking forward to the rest!
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    Not finished with this one yet, but I had to stop by to say well done. This is a superbly crafted mission Phantom. So atmospheric and it certainly captures the gritty feel of TDP. Looking forward to the rest!
    Thanks very much! I hope you enjoy the rest of the mission!

Finished, and WOW!! Great work, Phantom!
    I made a loot list as I went along. Only 100 short. Some very clever ones, I must say. I think I know where to go back and look. Problem is, you can't go back once you lower the lift to the treatment room. Can you confirm there is only one piece of loot down there?
    Thanks
    Klatremus' Supreme Thief Site - Walkthroughs, Loot Lists & Ghost Reports
    Let's Supreme Ghost Thief - YouTube Channel with Thief Let's Plays

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast