TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Burning Bedlam (11/30/2018)

I'm replaying this one and thoroughly enjoying it the second time around.
    Question: What exactly triggers the matron to spawn behind the gate when you circle back to the mines? It's where you have the broken barrel and skeletal remains under the locked gate.

I think it's the visit to the armory - I recall that I kept checking that gate. it was only after I entered the armory that she appeared as i approached the gate.

I just replayed this one on Expert and wanted to say some nice things about it. It felt authentically "late 90s" to me in the best way. It's prettier than that era, but has a sprawling, interconnected layout, chunky (but tasteful) architecture, creative room ideas, and meaningfully placed details. There's even a couple boss battles, of sorts. Atmospherically I was reminded not only of the original Thief but Tomb Raider 1, with exploration that at times felt lonely and isolated. My favorite moments were plunging into the water tank with the corpses and seeing the hanging body silhouetted down in the main hall, when coming back from the Treatment Room office on the high beam. That gave me a spook. I also enjoyed the "following-in-their-footsteps" style of several of the readables. Good stuff all around.

Quote Originally Posted by klatremus View Post
    I'm replaying this one and thoroughly enjoying it the second time around.
    Question: What exactly triggers the matron to spawn behind the gate when you circle back to the mines? It's where you have the broken barrel and skeletal remains under the locked gate.
    Talking to myself... I'm pretty sure it is reading the journal in the armory that triggers it. I broke in and got the objective and left right away once, but that didn't do anything.

Im not into zombie fanmissions but I did enjoy this one it included some nice elements and the atmosphere was very nice!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234