TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Lost City of Gazing Glass (11/30/2018)

The earth key is on one of the levels which have an "eqyptian look".

Shortly after the mission starts, you came across a large cavern which had a lava lake at the bottom and some pieces of wood at the ceiling, and just begged for some rope arrows. Later on, you find a way which leads one level up. In the northwest of this level, there is a corridor leading north first, but then changing to the left (west). At the corner, there is a niche with blue light. It contains water arrows and a note from Greg. Directly to the west of this point, there is a shaft down with a lava pit at the bottom and a dead man down there.

Save your game now, then try to shoot a rope arrow into the side of the wooden plank serving as a bridge. Drop down so that you land on the rope rather than next to the dead man. Climb down and look for a green niche here. Jump into it. Save again, preferrably in another save slot just in case you can't get up from the rope later on.

Place a second rope in the wooden bridge. When shot from this angle, it should allow you to travel to the dead man. Either in the green niche or near the man who got fired for the last time in his life, you should find healing potions, a note, and finally, the Earth key you're looking for. Don't forget to pluck out your rope arrows again once you're back up on the wooden plank.

umm...

Hi just started this FM and being chased by haunts in the first sureal bit. I found the chamber behind the locked gate and the body. I got the loot target just by frobbing continually on the coins on the floor - should I be able to do that?! I can do the same with the rope arrows too but none of them seem to have rope on them when I use them!
    eep
    ps. (small voice) I don't like the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by TafferT View Post
    Hi just started this FM and being chased by haunts in the first sureal bit. I found the chamber behind the locked gate and the body. I got the loot target just by frobbing continually on the coins on the floor - should I be able to do that?!
    I think I remember that the loot goal was fairly low (maybe even lower than 100 gold pieces, I don't remember) in this mission. You usually don't find anything with a high monetary value in the mission, so you indeed mainly find some loose coins and other single pieces of loot scattered throughout the mission. However, if I understand you correctly, you have not even left the area with the haunts near the starting point. Usually, one does this with rope arrows. The arrows are needed to travel across a large lava pit in a very high room with some pieces of wood at the ceiling. If you have not passed this obstacle yet, then I do not think that you should already have found enough loot so far.

Quote Originally Posted by TafferT View Post
    I can do the same with the rope arrows too but none of them seem to have rope on them when I use them!
    eep
    I am not sure whether I understand that. Do you really say that you can pick up rope arrows and satisfy your loot goal by doing that?

When you find the room mentioned in the spoiler above (and it really is not far from the part where you arrived or where you have opened the gate), you should be able to shoot rope arrows into pieces of wood in the ceiling, and they should deploy a rope after hitting the wood. If they make the usual sound when hitting wood, and if they do not vanish but can be seen stuck in the wood, but no rope comes out, then something is definitely not right.

Sorry to be confusing
    Do you really say that you can pick up rope arrows and satisfy your loot goal by doing that?
    No, what I meant was I could frob one rope arrow on the ground and get an endless supply of them. Also, I could see the rope arrows in the wood but no rope hanging from them. I have got a clean install now and will try again soon. Hopefully this should sort out the problem!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123