TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

What are you doing up here???

I'm playing on Expert and have completed almost everything, except I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue as to where in this enormous map it might be. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I'm playing on Expert and have completed almost everything, except I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue as to where in this enormous map it might be. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Look around the warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nicked
    I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue
    Look around the warehouse
    Nicked: Also there is a readable that clearly mentioned where the Scepter is :) As Azaran suggested the warehouse, You need at least one more readable to figure something in this warehouse, but probably You have it right now in Your Inv :)

Ahh, I hadn't discovered the warehouse yet.

I don't think I opened the vault properly - what's the intended method here? I found a random gear earlier on in the mission, swapped that out on the safe mechanism and then pulled some levers semi-randomly, and the door opened. Is that intended? Or did I miss a clue somewhere?

Other than that, this is quite probably the best mission I've played so far in this contest. An absolute masterclass of level design - what a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I don't think I opened the vault properly - what's the intended method here? I found a random gear earlier on in the mission, swapped that out on the safe mechanism and then pulled some levers semi-randomly, and the door opened. Is that intended? Or did I miss a clue somewhere?
    Yes and yes. There's a letter in the Priest's room in the cathedral that describes the reset mechanism for the vault, which is what you basically did: put in a new gear, enter a new combination, and the vault will reset to that combination and open.

Ahh, missed that! In hindsight, clever, but could maybe have been signposted a little better. However, that's basically the only nitpick I have for this amazing mission!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123