TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

What are you doing up here???

I'm playing on Expert and have completed almost everything, except I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue as to where in this enormous map it might be. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I'm playing on Expert and have completed almost everything, except I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue as to where in this enormous map it might be. Can someone point me in the right direction?
    Look around the warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post

Quote Originally Posted by nicked
    I have one remaining objective "Find and steal the antique scepter". Unfortunately, that gives me no clue
    Look around the warehouse
    Nicked: Also there is a readable that clearly mentioned where the Scepter is :) As Azaran suggested the warehouse, You need at least one more readable to figure something in this warehouse, but probably You have it right now in Your Inv :)

Ahh, I hadn't discovered the warehouse yet.

I don't think I opened the vault properly - what's the intended method here? I found a random gear earlier on in the mission, swapped that out on the safe mechanism and then pulled some levers semi-randomly, and the door opened. Is that intended? Or did I miss a clue somewhere?

Other than that, this is quite probably the best mission I've played so far in this contest. An absolute masterclass of level design - what a treat!

Quote Originally Posted by nicked View Post
    I don't think I opened the vault properly - what's the intended method here? I found a random gear earlier on in the mission, swapped that out on the safe mechanism and then pulled some levers semi-randomly, and the door opened. Is that intended? Or did I miss a clue somewhere?
    Yes and yes. There's a letter in the Priest's room in the cathedral that describes the reset mechanism for the vault, which is what you basically did: put in a new gear, enter a new combination, and the vault will reset to that combination and open.

Ahh, missed that! In hindsight, clever, but could maybe have been signposted a little better. However, that's basically the only nitpick I have for this amazing mission!

Im playing on easy but i can't find the entry for the building , Which is the first task in this Level. Sorry i forgot the Name of the owner. I got the Key för the first gate from a guard, but nevertheless i can't find a way in

mission is solved

the name of the building is blexham

my way to get in: in the area of lydecker bridge you jump into the water keep right after the second watergate there will be a ladder go up there.

a great mission indeed . are there former missions of this author?

i want to try to play this mission in expert modus, but i believe it will be to difficult for me

My first mission from the 20th Anniversary Contest and my first fan mission since 2011! The architecture is excellent so far. I just entered the Hammerite catacombs and saw the Haunt. Looking forward to exploring more next week!

Finished the mission mainly ghosting (although tried not to use any arrows besides rope arrows) on expert missing ~600 loot.

The gameplay flows very well and I particularly liked how many apartments were enterable without forced use of a rope arrow. And while the architecture isn't very complex, compared to for example Rose Garden, it is solid throughout.

The atmosphere is very much Thief: TDP, although I don't think it mixes perfectly with this cityscape. I can't put my finger on exactly why that is, it may just be how I feel about this combination of stock resources, lighting, architecture and low level of details in some areas.

The story side of the mission is very good and I enjoyed all the little sub-plots. I think it's also worth noting that this mission with its low loot goal, even on expert, and all the objectives being very clear thanks to the readables is a good recommendation for someone without much FM experience.

Definitely among my favorites from this contest.

Also, that Black Parade tease was pretty sweet

Excellent architecture, loving the atmosphere so far.

Hi everyone!

The very first mission I have played from the contest and it's astonishing, thumbs up for son_of_a_dude . I liked it very much, finished on expert with about 3600 loot. But I have a question: Is it possible to enter Caughlin Estate? I've been to or in every house that is marked with a name on the map, however, I can't find an entry point to this one.

So... In the mission there are readables describing baiting Burricks with deer legs, of which there is also an abundance... Is that actually a thing? ie. some game mechanic I don't know of?

Quote Originally Posted by szabikka View Post
    Is it possible to enter Caughlin Estate? I've been to or in every house that is marked with a name on the map, however, I can't find an entry point to this one.
    If this is the woman (with harps) who complained for a butcher's racket, then yes, there is the way. Try in vegetables shop. Look very, very up ;)

Is there something there?

I have a question for the author and hopefully you can see these pics. In the really nice big mansion in the middle there is a open doorway blocked by boards and you can see there was a stair case going up at one time to a blocked off room, and if you go outside you can see the windows blocked off as well, is there something there we can get to or is it purely decoration, either way it is an impressive touch?
    Here are straight links to the pics:
    https://imgur.com/mFHsdgO

https://imgur.com/LONQ0Io

I would help you but I don't remember the mission looking like that so I don't really recognise the place lol

Master Builder 2018
    It looks like you are using a mod, such as the HD Mod. It's your preference, of course, but I strongly suggest playing the contest missions without any mods on. What you see will in all cases be not what the author intended, and in some cases may cause issues. As for those pictures, that is in Blexham manor and as far as I know that is just for show. I took screenshots of the way those pictures you posted should, and perhaps they look will help others to answer your question with more certainty:

Pic 1
    Pic 2

Yeah , that's the spot... I am using Necroage.. it just makes everything really good looking, gonna keep using it as long as the levels play ...

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    If this is the woman (with harps) who complained for a butcher's racket, then yes, there is the way. Try in vegetables shop. Look very, very up
    Hi Mat99!
    The woman with the harps lives west of the estate on the "left side" of the map. When you look out from her window you can see Caughlin estate, so it's not the same.

Quote Originally Posted by szabikka View Post
    Hi Mat99!
    The woman with the harps lives west of the estate on the "left side" of the map. When you look out from her window you can see Caughlin estate, so it's not the same.
    Ahh ;D I confused/switched/mixed with women's names then ;P It was probably Mrs Clarell (Evellyn or smth like that) not Caughlin. So, a woman in a red dress is the one are You talking about? After 2 more missions I remember women's figures, but forgot their names completely :D

Nice tribute to the "Thieves Guild" mission at the starting point of this fan mission. That archway on the left just before you turn the corner and after you go through the city tunnel to get to the Guild had a locked gate that you couldn't explore to see what was over there, now you can in this mission, awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Mat99 View Post
    Ahh ;D I confused/switched/mixed with women's names then ;P It was probably Mrs Clarell (Evellyn or smth like that) not Caughlin. So, a woman in a red dress is the one are You talking about? After 2 more missions I remember women's figures, but forgot their names completely
    Well, there is no woman up in the harp room, above the grocery store and I don't know if there is any in Caughlin Estate, because I don't know if I can get in the estate at all (that's my question). I searched the map for half a day and can't find the missing 900 loot, I just thought it's maybe in there.

Glad I picked The Sound of a Burrick in a Room as the first fan mission to play after my hiatus of nearly eight years. This was a very good one! Finished on Normal in around 2,5 hours. I could have finished one hour sooner but kept exploring the city after I had completed the main objective.

Finished this mission. Took less time than I expected, but I know I missed a few spots. This one has great architecture and exciting acrobatics, my favourite kind of mission! Reminded me of Disorientation. This is a new favourite that I'm sure to replay in the future.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast