TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

Beautiful mission

Quote Originally Posted by piesel View Post
    Finished on Expert, wonderful city mission. I thought to have explored everything but the stats screen with over 900 loot missing kicked me hard........where to go?

I also managed to collect the hidden stash with 2 explosive devices and several fire arrows so i imagine there's something to blow up, where to use them?
    Two locations that have hard to find loot: a diamond on the beam above a balcony on Bulwark St. and a tiata high above and left of the planter with the vertical gargoyle... On Reynholn St. I didn't want to spoil the locations too much. Right now I'm at 3718 loot and still looking.

Edit: now at 3812
    Last edited by john9818a; 28th Dec 2018 at 17:54.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    Two locations that have hard to find loot: a diamond on the beam above a balcony on Bulwark St. and a tiata high above and left of the planter with the vertical gargoyle... On Reynholn St. I didn't want to spoil the locations too much. Right now I'm at 3718 loot and still looking.

Edit: now at 3812
    Don't remember if i already collected these objects in my playthrough, however i'll keep them in mind when i'll replay the mission.

Thanks.

loving this mission....I have one question.

1...How do you get in the crypts it says where the stairs are not safe....and is the crypts the same as the hammer catacombs mentioned earlier in this thread

I have not been to the burrick tunnels yet....do I have to go there before entering the crypts?

Edit:::its ok...I found I have been to the house with the tunnels...but there were so many routes to take ,I omitted to go down them,and forgot about them....so now finished
    Last edited by JonesCrusher; 29th Dec 2018 at 14:48.

I loved this one. A great representation of the city and just fun to get around in.

Don't remember if i already collected these objects in my playthrough, however i'll keep them in mind when i'll replay the mission.

Thanks.
    I'm still finding loot but its becoming very difficult considering the vast real estate. Currently I'm at 4040.

This was a great mission, really fun to get around and dense without being maze-like. I was expecting the tomb to be far larger than it actually was, but I'm glad it was small because it didn't break the mission flow. My one criticism is that the "door is locked so jump through a window/on to a balcony to get inside and find the key" puzzle/trope was used a lot in a small area, so it became kind of predictable.

FUN. MISSION. Great use of exploration and with humor to boot. I hope everyone will play this wonderful mission.

now i'm playing on expert, but i need help for finding the scepter please

Thanks.
    I found one more loot location: High above the Bailiff's house balconies on a window sill there is a loot item.

I have to repeat my question. Where can i find the ancient scepter ?

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    I have to repeat my question. Where can i find the ancient scepter ?
    Go to the warehouse and open the safe :) At least one readable says about that fact, and there are two others in Hammerite's area that tell you how to open the safe. Don't skip readables ;)

but how can i open the safe? i remember a notice at the room of the high priest, but if i remember correctly there only something about a gear wheel, which i have replaced already. but whrere can i get the code for the safe
    Last edited by radogoal; 6th Jan 2019 at 06:17.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    but how can i open the safe? i remember a notice at the room of the high priest, but if i remember correctly there only something about a gear wheel, which i have replaced already. but whrere can i get the code for the safe
    There is no code for it ;) If You were in high priest area, then one of two readables You already have in Your pocket ;P I don't remember right now, but it's called "Istructions to the Safe" or "Safe instructions" or something like that. Read it carefully. The gear/cog is one of things to do, to open the safe.
    Last edited by Mat99; 14th Jan 2019 at 03:31. Reason: typo

@ Grandmauden

What do you mean by??
    ...especially now that I'd unleashed hell upon the streets

Finished, and was in vault and nothing odd happened. I'm playing on hard btw.

I was playing on Normal, and I got quite the surprise after I brute forced my way into the vault when I wasn't supposed to.

I guess I have to play on normal to find out. Odd that there is something that pronounced on other lower difficulties.

OK...finally getting around to the contest missions. I must say after a good long break away from Thief this was a welcoming return! As we used to say...just chock full 'o thiefy goodness. A strong contender for sure.

This one has some of the most perfect level design I've ever seen! It might sound like I'm throwing around some major hyperbole right now but...damn man! I can't believe how smoothly designed this thing is. Despite all the winding paths that go up and down this mission, I never felt lost. There were constant landmarks to keep me oriented and a steady stream of helpful shortcuts. Exploring just felt so damn smooth.

A few things:

- I love little details, and this mission is full of them: the guard at the front of the Overlord's Fancy you can start a fight with, the drunk guys wandering the streets, the makeshift mousetrap some servants made with a bucket and a stick, the party of collapsed nobles up on a hidden rooftop...so much, and all SO good!
    - Just to reiterate, I said out loud "This mission is so f**king well designed!" like ten times while playing this.
    - Sailing down the canal that circles the mission was a blast. It was reeeaaally hard to not dive into it at every opportunity.
    - Minor nitpick...I wish there was more to the tomb and burrick tunnels. I know asking for MORE in a mission that offers this much makes me the epitome of "spoiled brat" but so much time was spent building up to it, and my reaction when I got the prayer book was "...Oh."
    - The mansion where the guards got the drop on some failed thieves was a highlight. Excellent storytelling there!
    - How do you open the chest surrounded by flies behind the bookshelf in the Blexham mansion? Never found a key...

This was excellent, thanks for releasing it!

That was really fun mission to ghost. 2 hours 23 min and 3465 loot. That was challenging mission with guards placed in the strategical places. I love it. I learned how to quietly descend on metal pipes and how to quietly descend from windows with tables underneath. Twice I saw NPC got stuck in the corner of the room. In Corbett house old man got stuck in the upper corner of the room in the door. Still I managed to safely walk under him. Another enemy was Hammerite stuck in corner of the room in Church next to door, but he also was no problem to deal with. Avoiding mines in Butcher shop was scary. The biggest impression for me was a servant grabbing thieves bodies and throwing them out of balcony. That was freaking amazing!

Where?

Quote Originally Posted by czyys View Post

Also, that Black Parade tease was pretty sweet
    Last edited by R_G; 25th Jan 2019 at 09:36.

Seems I missed this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    The biggest impression for me was a servant grabbing thieves bodies and throwing them out of balcony. That was freaking amazing!

The Sound of Applause in My Room

I never really cared for the supernatural/creature stuff. I almost passed on this mission based on the title, and I'm so glad I didn't!

Things went straight to crap within the first two minutes when I waited around to see what the "Password" thieves' guild guard would do, and he gave chase. So I led him to a city guard, who went to dispatching my pursuer. City guards gave chase, I ran, blowing any kind of mission order as my official "start" would now occur on the opposite side of the map. Which didn't affect a thing!

I knew I was in for something special when I roped up the balcony of a mansion and had to jump in a swimming pool to avoid the surrounding loud tiles. Dead thief floating in the pool?! Overheard one guard telling another guard to get a servant to clean up the mess.

Quote Originally Posted by R_G View Post
    Seems I missed this too.
    I would have missed it, too! Had I not been desperately hiding on the other side, I would have blackjacked the servant before that little scene took place!

I actually enjoyed the supernatural/creature stuff that was present. In small doses, it's awesome for me.

After completing all objectives, I spent another hour roaming around, catching scenes and readibles, to see how various storylines interconnect. Treasure be damned, give me that next scroll/book!

Lots of surprising scenes. For me, the fondest memory was trying to get into the two locked doors near the beginning in my "post-game". I thought I found a path, but it led me on a rooftop romp through a third of he city! Another open window solved the mystery of one door and led me through a multi-house window/chimney route. And I felt dumb/relieved with the eventual discovery that the way into the last unopened door was to turn around.

Playing this game on Expert gives some extra content. However, I regretted not being able to dump blackjacked bodies in the canal system.

I've played all the fan missions for this contest except one at this point, and this one was so good that I joined this forum just to leave this post and pronounce my amazement of this incredible fan mission.

VO and FUN!

I played this because I got to do some of the vocals, and MAN! What a wonderful walk back in time. Played 2, 3, a little of 4, a lot of Dark Mod, but this reminded me of how much FUN it was to play the original game, how it was UNIQUE against all the other stuff back then. It was like "going back to the old neighborhood!" The map was SPECTACULAR within the constraints of the original system! And it has been SO LONG since i ran through a castle, dragging a dozen guards behind me, then got behind a opening-in door and waited for those idiots to bend over to "listen to hear", stick their heads through the door and knock them out one by one. Ah, the old days! Thanks so much for letting me Garrett, and letting me play in your world!

This is obviously one of the strongest contest missions and one of my last to play, it says 1 hour 40 minutes on Normal but it felt much longer, I couldn't find the burrick tunnels but turned out that they were not really that hidden, there's just so much to explore in this mission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast