TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

Desperately Dodgy Moderator

TDP20AC Mission — The Sound of a Burrick in a Room (11/30/2018)

This thread is for any discussion or questions related to the mission The Sound of a Burrick in a Room by son_of_a_dude.
    You can download the mission HERE or HERE.
    The contest thread is HERE.

Please give clues instead of outright solutions when helping others and use the spoiler tag when you do this.

Remember that this mission, and by extension every mission made for the contest, is for THIEF GOLD. As such, do not load it with Thief 2! It is highly recommended you do not use the Enhancement Pack and/or HD texture packs to play this mission. It is also recommended you uncheck all optional features TFix comes with if you update to the latest version of the full executable.

First FM I've ever properly sat down and played. Incredibly well done.

A well done city mission that looks great. I did manage to get stuck at the sewer exit and had to reload a save but I have been unable to reproduce this.

Just finished this one! What a masterpiece!
    Excellent work by the author! I love how I kept finding new little nooks and crannies that I'd passed a few times but missed. Great!

This is the first of the contest missions I've played (besides the one I tested) and they both have set a very high bar!

Well this was incredible. One of my favorite things is that, where in a lot of city missions the place you infiltrate at the end is just a few rooms, the Blexham manor could be a solid FM on its own, complete with a unique layout and gorgeous brush and texture work. Another thing is that the street level in city FMs is often pretty boring compared to the higher areas, but the constant changes in elevation and winding passages kept this interesting. The only small complaint I might have is that the AI seemed to have heightened senses, which was good for the most part but occasionally became irritating when mantling through windows with metal or tile on either side. Might be my favorite city FM that I've played.

I agree with Random_Taffer...this is the first of the entries that I've played and it does indeed set a high bar. I needed think outside the box to get everywhere I needed to go and that is the mark of great design. Oh, and it looks superb also. Excellent work !!!

Started playing this one.. having a ball! Great map to explore.

I picked from the entrants list at random, and I can definitely say I was not expecting a mission with such an odd title to completely floor me. There's an astounding level of detail that makes the whole district truly feel "lived in". Everything is well connected by streets, rooftops or whatever else between, never restricted solely to one for navigation. The tunnels looping around to the butcher's house right near the starting point is also a design courtesy I cannot thank people enough for. I cleared it on Normal for now, but when I get through all the other entrants, this will be a surefire #1 to replay on Expert. If the author or anyone more versed could also point me in the direction of any other missions they may have done, I'd love to know.

What a masterpiece!

I've scoured nearly everything, but I can't find the code to the vault in the warehouse

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I've scoured nearly everything, but I can't find the code to the vault in the warehouse
    Hint: Have a look round the Hammer church.

Quote Originally Posted by Bosh View Post
    Hint: Have a look round the Hammer church.
    I combed it top to bottom, but found nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I combed it top to bottom, but found nothing
    Bigger hint: Find the high priest's quarters - top floor of church.

Finished this FM yesterday and it was a lot better than i thought it would be in fact i enjoyed it a lot!

Thanks!

Anyone remember where the blacksmith is located? I passed by there briefly, but forgot where

EDIT: found
    Last edited by Azaran; 5th Dec 2018 at 01:42.

Ok so I went to the blacksmith, but can't find a gear for the vault.

Playing on Hard by the way

@Azaran The gear is there only on Expert because on Easy and Hard, you don't have the vault objective.

son_of_a_dude? I am intrigued.
    I am amazed at your skills to develop such huge maps, where almost every corner is unique and pleases the eye.

Quote Originally Posted by marbleman View Post
    @Azaran The gear is there only on Expert because on Easy and Hard, you don't have the vault objective.
    Ah got it, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Tear View Post
    son_of_a_dude? I am intrigued.
    I am amazed at your skills to develop such huge maps, where almost every corner is unique and pleases the eye.
    I´ve also started playing this map and i am amazed with everything that surrounds me

Hoping someone can come up with a loot list at some point, I'm about 1000 short and am dumbfounded as to how that's even possible . Unless there's a hidden stash in that vault, but then again all loot is usually available in all difficulties

I can confirm that all loot is obtainable and that there is no loot in the vault.

I found nothing there, the only goal left i have is to find the book of prayers, is it inside the vault? tell me the code combination please.

The book of prayers is not inside the vault. Did you watch the briefing?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast