TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Tomb of Saint Tennor (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    this is the room i meaned but i have no key
    There are two readables nearby which explain to where the key may be. If You are talking about Armory Key.

Quote Originally Posted by radogoal View Post
    this is the room i meaned but i have no key
    You need to get it from the High Priest's room. The door is blocked, but you can access it from outside, through a window. You need to get on the roofs and explore

I'm in the Brennan section. I've proceeded forward a couple of rooms by arranging so those energy shots hit the face-doors. But in the room I am currently in, that doesn't work. Face-doory stays shut. What am I missing?

EDIT: Got it!
    Hint: In the last room, something else needs to be hit by the energy shot.

Alarus area: Am I really supposed to be able to jump from the ledge of the last pillar way across onto that high ledge?

EDIT: Nope, not quite as high. And thanks, DrK!

An awesome pair of missions. Major applause!

Anyone that manages to find all the loot without help is an absolute freak (in a good way!). I spent a lot of time and only came up with 2253/3000 and 4795/5700.

There is what I think is an obvious secret door in the first mission - on the lowest level under the workshop area. Never figured that out. I first got suspicious because the Hammerite banner isn't slashable, then I realized that none of them are. Still, it does look like a metal door behind it...

Second mission: were we supposed to get up to that highest SE tower of the temple (for a mask and a fire arrow) in a simpler way than going way back to collect a bunch of zombie parts and skulls to stack?

OK, now I know where to go if I ever find an explosive charge.
    But if that way doesn't lead forward I'm in trouble, because then I can't go back. From that direction, there is no space for a similar quadruple kangaroo strafe jump that got me over there...

Quote Originally Posted by jiansonz View Post
    There is what I think is an obvious secret door in the first mission - on the lowest level under the workshop area. Never figured that out. I first got suspicious because the Hammerite banner isn't slashable, then I realized that none of them are. Still, it does look like a metal door behind it...
    Investigate under the stairs ;)

OK, now I know where to go if I ever find an explosive charge.
    But if that way doesn't lead forward I'm in trouble, because then I can't go back. From that direction, there is no space for a similar quadruple kangaroo strafe jump that got me over there...
    There is a way ;) After circle+strafe jump I have done a crazy wall-jump, and land at the other side of lava pit without drink Speed Potion ;P It is quite difficult and I could done it only on the right wall. Right wall means: if You stand back to upgrade-bow-gate.
    Last edited by Mat99; 18th Dec 2018 at 16:55. Reason: additional text

so where is this secret in first mission to be able to access secret in second mission?

i found mystery key #1,do i go to mission 2 now or is there more to do?
    Last edited by downwinder; 19th Dec 2018 at 00:22.

Great two missions, finally finished. First impression with mission 1 was that it was quite simple and I expected a straight forward run. Proved very wrong before I had left on the lift. Loved the secrets, did think the layout of the Church left a little to be desired but second mission made up for it tenfold.

Big fan of the way mission 2 takes you through nearly everything Thief 1 had to offer in its campaign and these areas managed to be correctly sized in my opinion. Excepting the Maw area, they didn't feel tokenistic nor did they have too much empty space. Overall fitting in well with the nature of the contest.

Loot was well paced and by the time I got to 4000 it was truly rewarding finding more.

Managed to leave mission 2 with the bow upgrade and 5005 loot, so im quite pleased. Loved how the initial clue of the first mysterious key led to a long sequence of secret hunting. Became a little worried I was not going to be able to leave with the bow upgrade when I realised I'd only taken 1 speed potion through with me of the 3 I'd seen but got by with a bit of jumping. Can easily see how discovering the bow upgrade doors in the extension towards the end of your playthrough would be rough. Not sure if I would have the enthusiasm to restart. Wondering though what was the point of bringing the explosive charge through if you would have to find the mold anyway?

i got first key and no clue on what to do,now what?

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    i got first key and no clue on what to do,now what?
    Try to get on top of the cliffs surrounding the mission and look around.

Quote Originally Posted by Paddy View Post
    Wondering though what was the point of bringing the explosive charge through if you would have to find the mold anyway?
    I had put the explosive charge in part 1 before I actually planned out any of the part 2 secrets. It makes a good red herring though.

ok i found it ty

wowok i used like 6 boxes to get on cliff so i did not have to use speed potion,i wanted that easter egg that bad :P
    Last edited by downwinder; 19th Dec 2018 at 18:18.

what are steps in mission 2 for easter egg,in mission 1 i was able to get all 3 mystery keys open door get explosive/some box mold and some arrows,anything else in mission one needed to get easter egg

Well THAT was a blast!! That second mission definitely felt like a total throwback to 1998!!! I know I probably missed alot and this set, especially mission 2, has alot of replayability.

Great job! I thoroughly enjoyed playing both of these missions. 10 out of 10!!

ok stuck again if i use explosive on first door how do i get pasted second door?

is there a second explosive?
    Last edited by downwinder; 20th Dec 2018 at 16:27.

^help me

How do I get on the top of the rocks. I guess that's where the window is into the chamber of the high priest. I can see it from different locations, but can't find it.

Please help
    There're angels who playThief and angels who don't ........ both go to heaven ............
    Dare to join .............

gloria i can help,after you jump out of left tower on roof=no damage taken you will see a dead ghost on mid cliff, you can use the angled wall there to walk up to top,on left side of map
    Last edited by downwinder; 21st Dec 2018 at 00:08.

I have been looking for Saint Tennor's tomb for hours now and nothing yet. Any hint?
    Last edited by Basso The Boxman; 20th Dec 2018 at 23:34.

basso you have to go down one area on ground floor has a stairway descending lower just keep going lower

well i figured out easter egg :P

hands down hardest easter egg yet,although gort's easter eggs are super hard also

i so hope you make more missions as you are good
    Last edited by downwinder; 22nd Dec 2018 at 02:14.

Can someone give me a clue to find the mystery key #1 please?

Quote Originally Posted by Pavis View Post
    Can someone give me a clue to find the mystery key #1 please?
    Examine the main entrance to the cathedral very closely.

Ok got it, thank you.

Well, I found the key#2 but a little tip for the key#3 would be appreciated

I guess there is a link with the opening behind the tapestry near the generator room
    Last edited by Pavis; 24th Dec 2018 at 12:26.

to get key 3 you have to either run jump on top of cliff to get to highest part of map,or you can do what i did and get around 6 boxes take them all up there one by one then stack them to get up on highest part,then have a look around

remember in map 2 you also have to find things,its one of the hardest easter eggs i ever completed in a fan mission/as hard a gort easter eggs

Quote Originally Posted by downwinder View Post
    remember in map 2 you also have to find things,its one of the hardest easter eggs i ever completed in a fan mission/as hard a gort easter eggs
    Thank you again downwinder, I was able to get the explosive charge, I guess I will have to use it in mission 2 but then what is the purpose of the hidden opening in the wall near the generator room?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast