TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — The Whistling of the Gears (11/30/2018)

How to open the closed gate in Lord Tudor's quarters, or how to proceed?

I think I've been everywhere, including

- hammer temple
    - crane
    - pub
    - accessible places in Lord Tudor's place
    - place where a couple has an argument

I also don't have idea about how to go for the haunted part. I'm constantly trying to look and rope and jump everywhere, but cannot go on.

Any help is much appreciated!

@ticky That gate does not open. Look up and around for another way in.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerrle View Post
    There's a book near the machine that suggests a weakness. You might try using/dropping a holy item near it.
    I noticed that the last page of the book isn't complete. The last page seems to be too long to fit on the page and the last line should read I don't want to run in the whole quarter looking for the bits and the risk to get some pieces stolen by the Scrappers. I really need to stop trying things, at least until the exhibition is over.

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Thanks! Now Im in, but still stuck. Cant really do anything here, exceptdying by the magnetic field. Is this the machine I am supposed to ruin?

Quote Originally Posted by urgrue View Post
    Thanks! Now Im in, but still stuck. Cant really do anything here, exceptdying by the magnetic field. Is this the machine I am supposed to ruin?

This mission is designed in such a way that it can't be completed without reading the readables. (and even then it's still slightly confusing in my opinion) The procedure to make that not happen should be in a readable in that room or in his quarters, but I'll provide an outright spoiler below.

Major Spoilers:
    Go to the upper level and turn the valve that feeds sap into the machine
    Destroying the machine: Throw/drop a holy item into either one of the portals. There should be a holy water bottle in a previous room, but evidently many holy items or objects work

Quote Originally Posted by yxlplig View Post
    This mission is designed in such a way that it can't be completed without reading the readables. (and even then it's still slightly confusing in my opinion) The procedure to make that not happen should be in a readable in that room or in his quarters, but I'll provide an outright spoiler below.

Major Spoilers:
    Go to the upper level and turn the valve that feeds sap into the machine
    Destroying the machine: Throw/drop a holy item into either one of the portals. There should be a holy water bottle in a previous room, but evidently many holy items or objects work
    Thank you!

The map is small, but the many routes and complex design makes it "bigger" and more confusing. I made screenshots of the places where the pieces fell while the cutscene, but even this way I don't have any idea. I don't recognize the places, except the corner at the Scrappers with the pipes. However, no piece is here. Where are the pieces?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    Thank you!

The map is small, but the many routes and complex design makes it "bigger" and more confusing. I made screenshots of the places where the pieces fell while the cutscene, but even this way I don't have any idea. I don't recognize the places, except the corner at the Scrappers with the pipes. However, no piece is here. Where are the pieces?
    1. Room with chimney above the street where crazy killer is walking.
    2. Machine room where you destroyed the core.
    3. Trash machine in Scrappers Area.
    4. On the rooftop covered by light of the lamp, opposite to the church.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    1. Room with chimney above the street where crazy killer is walking.
    2. Machine room where you destroyed the core.
    3. Trash machine in Scrappers Area.
    4. On the rooftop covered by light of the lamp, opposite to the church.
    Thank you very much.

Now I got all of them. Where to repair? I cannot find a place near Tudor's quarters. There's only place to put back the repaired thing to the core of the machine.
    Last edited by ticky; 4th Jan 2019 at 18:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaer View Post
    I didn't know it was that simple. I never knew there was something like that in controls. It's true map isn't that big, but it's much easier to look for stuff the first time than the second when you have everything unlocked.

The thing is if I fix the core, it will work perfectly well on the contest. Just like before sabotage. That's why the story is idiotic for me.
    I'll have to say that the concept is a bit of a stretch as the "swap good eye with fake eye" made more sense. I can see though that this way something that has known to happen sort of did instead of pointing at sabatoge.

Where is the factory that I need to go to? The map shows three factories but I don't see anything that will accept those shards.

Edit: I found it, and I can't believe I missed that whole side of the building!

Ticky at Tudor's near the deliveries open the wood portculis to reveal factory rooms. The one you need is in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sagittal View Post
    The place you're looking for is round the corner from the inn at the start of the mission - beneath an open storage area with lots of large wooden crates and a patrolling swordsman (crane above). There is an extendable ladder leading down to the bottom level where the correct door is located a few metres East from the base of the ladder.
    The door a few meters from the ladder is a fake door at the top of a staircase.

I found the correct door a little further down and across the street, and I managed to get the door open. I'm not sure what to do here, and I keep killing the AI inside.
    Last edited by john9818a; 5th Jan 2019 at 21:03.

I'm curious. Is there any way to get to this tower? There's a faint light up there, and I have a feeling there's something up there

Quote Originally Posted by Azaran View Post
    I'm curious. Is there any way to get to this tower? There's a faint light up there, and I have a feeling there's something up there
    Yes, try the railing at the top of clock tower. The jump is difficult without Speed Potion, so if You don't succeed, use it :) It's much easier this way :) And beware at the top...

This mission has provided a full DAY of enjoyment for me. LOVE IT.

I'm completely stumped though:

I need to get the stolen blueprint. I know it's in a footlocker, and there's a key hidden somewhere in the factory, but I have no idea where to look. Earlier in this thread someone mentioned the key is in the Scales department, but I've checked that place thoroughly and found nothing. Also, is there a hint for this on expert? All I found was a note from the captain that basically says "someone is a spy, and he's dead now." No names are named, and I can't think of where a readable could possibly be that I may have missed...

The Mike

The key you want is inside the r/h scaling machine, check the tray underneath.

Thanks so much, fortuni!

Just finished. This thing is a monumental achievement! That first moment where you walk through the city streets and look up? I don't know if I've ever felt so simultaneously excited and overwhelmed while playing a game. The level overstays its welcome a bit in that last hour, but that might be just because of the 17 (!!!) other contest missions I still have in my queue. Still...even though my initial reaction when I realized that I had to explore the whole city again to find the core parts was "I don't know if I have the attention span for this," in the end, I was shocked how much I had missed on my first go around. This thing is DENSE.

This is a modern classic. Congrats to the author!

I agree with everything you said, and digging around inside Dromed you'll find more hidden gems that you may well have missed in game and even then I'm guessing I missed a secret or two as the author brilliantly manages to hide surprises inside the most innocent of objects eg the vase on the roof tops.

I'm clueless as to who the author is, someone suggested Xorax, it's in his style for being a cramped map but he makes puzzle missions and this is not really a puzzler just a wonderfully beguiling mission.

I found the correct door but I don't know what to do there. When I hit it the door opens and then closes again with nothing else happening.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a
    I found the correct door but I don't know what to do there. When I hit it the door opens and then closes again with nothing else happening.
    If you talk about the door for the compromising information, look closely at the hatch of the door when it opens, you should see a parchment on it.

I'll look again but last time nothing was there, and I managed to kill the ai inside.

I went back to the door with the slot and I even stood on a crate, but there was no parchment or anything else.

This was the last objective I needed to complete the mission, so I will consider it completed and move on to the next mission.

Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I went back to the door with the slot and I even stood on a crate, but there was no parchment or anything else.

This was the last objective I needed to complete the mission, so I will consider it completed and move on to the next mission.
    Just for information, and you may already have found it, but there's a semi-hidden book in Lord Tudor's bedroom, next to the machine room, that tells you about the spy and the door location and that I think needs to be read before the parchment will appear.

Ok thank you Sagittal. I'll go back again and see if I missed the book.

DromEd Archmage
    Quote Originally Posted by john9818a View Post
    I managed to kill the ai inside.
    I hope you didn't saved, it will be hard to win if the dude is dead xD

No doing so fails the no kill objective.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast