TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Heart And Soul (11/30/2018)

I zipped it with whatever program Windows 10 uses. I didn't open any other software to zip it. I just right-clicked > Send to > Zipped folder.

As I understand it, a Zipped folder is not a zip file. It is a Windows Explorer view of a hidden zip file. I had to go to registry hacks to eliminate zipped folders in Windows 7 so I could access the Zip files.

I had no trouble opening this mission using FMSel. I have a Thief Gold installation based on TFix 1.26a. If you use TFix, I know that the "a" update is necessary to get at least one mission, Haplo's mission, to load scripts properly. I don't know about this mission, because I already had TFix 1.26a installed. If you have only TFix 1.26 (no "a"), it may help to try the upgrade.
    https://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134733

I have no idea if that will solve this problem.

Mat99 - you are the Greatest !!!!

Thank you so so much. I've downloaded the 7zip from your source, and now the fm starts properly. What a happy evening this is now.

So there was only a conflict with my machine and the way the file was initially zipped ? Sorry, I don't understand much of these technical things. Anyway, now it works and I sincere thank you for the help you gave me.

Hearty greetings from Switzerland,
    Urumo

Quote Originally Posted by StinkyKitty View Post
    I zipped it with whatever program Windows 10 uses. I didn't open any other software to zip it. I just right-clicked > Send to > Zipped folder.
    Aha! Remember the zip issue in beta? The way I fixed it was by re-zipping it through 7z, after repeatedly trying to do it through Windows without success. The zipping might be the root of the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Urumo View Post
    Thank you so so much. I've downloaded the 7zip from your source, and now the fm starts properly. What a happy evening this is now.
    I suspected evening, and most of the night with this mission :D

So there was only a conflict with my machine and the way the file was initially zipped?
    Microsoft call it as... ekm... ZIP-standard... ;) supposedly ;DD They forgot add term MS-ZIP-Standard :)

Sorry, I don't understand much of these technical things. Anyway, now it works and I sincere thank you for the help you gave me.
    No problem, this mission deserves it ;) You will love it :) Have a nice game. Try to download my *.ogg to this mission if You have sensitive hearing :)

Mission finished in 35 minutes playing on "normal". Overall its a high quality mission, nice dark atmospheres, i like the new ai creatures customization its very original,the gameplay is fun, the multiple ways makes the game more fun, the edited wind chims(Bells1_slow/Bells2_slow) music is really well done i like this new version you did here.

Thank you for this fun experience. My score is 8 out 10

Oh man, this one is great! Played it hard and grabbed 3124/3451. An amazing labyrinth with many sinister surprises.

As always I tried to attract the guards into the ghost/zombie area or vice versa, that was much fun. Had a room with 7(!) dead guards without having sullied my hands, thanks to the mage ghosts turning in a fire shadow hehe!

Outstanding mission!
    My FM campaigns Garrett's Young Years XTra, Reunion With Basso
    Want your upcoming FM translated in foreign languages?

I had so much fun with this one! And since there is still a whopping 1040 loot I didn't find, I'll be sure to replay it.

I think I was clever before I entered the passage (one with several undead) from the mage's lab. I opened the crayman cage without alerting it. Later, when a Haunt surprised me, I ran back through the lab, hoping the crayman would step in and fight the Haunt. It worked - and Mr. Crayman won!
    (I later found it dead, on the bottom floor where a Haunt and an Apparition patrols)

Questions:

What do those frobbable rings on golden doors do? Well, one of the three I've found is a deadly trap, but what about the two that do nothing that's immediately obvious?

What does the frobbable 'narrow gargoyle thingy' do? (The one that's placed alongside three others on a pedestal supporting a Cthulhu statue)
    Last edited by jiansonz; 12th Dec 2018 at 18:06.

The rings and the gargoyle head all open up secret doors, but if the secret doors are already open, then they don't do anything.

How to go up the ice ramp without a speed potion?

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    For anyone else who is interested: try to find a way before you enter the spiky area nearby and use newdark mantle

Quote Originally Posted by ticky View Post
    You can't get up an ice ramp that steep without a speed potion, but there's another way to get to the top. Remember that there were two sets of golden doors; there might be a way to open the second set nearby.

I'm missing the Soul. Where is it? I've read previous comments about it floating "above the front door", but still have no idea. I don't see it at the entrance of the complex, also cannot see it after I activate all switches in the garden.

where do i find the lever?

ticky i can help you the soul is located in top of fortress,you have to do a statue head puzzle to get in there,there is a earth mage above some portable cells,the window has some kind of beams shooting at the soul floating in window,frob the beams to get it,i blind frobed it also had no idea it was there in front of my eyes

@ticky Yes, you can see it in the centre of one of the Constantine "eye" windows in the long corridor with the glass ceiling. It's on the third floor.

@downwinder Which lever do you mean?

the lever to get the soul for the door to open below in the catacombs

right after you get emblem down that ramp is item i need to open door,where is it

Past the crusher trap room with the red lasers.

how am i supose to get passed those lasers?

Look down.

thank you real fun mission ,just the map is a bit confusing to me

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123