TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: TDP20AC Mission — Heart And Soul (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    There's at least 2 entire wings of the castle that are behind mage doors, but there are other ways to get in to each if you haven't found a key.
    Can you hint or spoil at least one of those ways without key? Since it seems to be a mission where you can finish even on expert without seeing much of the whole map and it would be good to explore further.

I'm going to try and be as non-spoilery as possible.

Offhand, I can think of three ways into the library wing. 1. There's a way in behind a banner. 2. There is a way to rope up from the burrick colony in the dungeons. 3. Examine the Cthulhu fountain in the back courtyard more closely.

For the third floor living quarters, you can either go in through a secret passage near the Mystic's Soul or rope through the oval window in the entry hall, jump over the bed, and slash the banner. You may also be able to get in via climbing pipes, but I've never attempted it.

There is a silver key in both of those areas, and IIRC also one somewhere in the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by McTaffer View Post
    For the third floor living quarters, you can either go in through a secret passage near the Mystic's Soul or rope through the oval window in the entry hall, jump over the bed, and slash the banner. You may also be able to get in via climbing pipes, but I've never attempted it.
    One way to get to the area with the secret door mentioned above, you can indeed use pipes. From the area with a drunken archer and a fire, stack two crates (can be found nearby, by the archery training), jump up and walk along the pipe into the observatory.

Yay, I've found all the loot now!
    There is a large stash in a treasure room that's sort of 'hidden' in plain sight.

Just finished this one. Absolutely excellent, plain and simple. This one is an instant classic for me. Good atmosphere, huge area to explore.

BANNED
    Bit rough around the edges but I liked exploring this one. It had a lot of ways to get places and was very non-linear.

Why is it that Thief FMs can be so unique compared to other game missions?
    Is it Dromed? Is it the weird community :P?
    spoiler:

The exploration is a bit overwhelming and non-linear, but I love getting a feel for map layouts like this.
    So much of this mission oozes atmosphere. That pale green light and smoke in the library for example.
    The crypt space has a strange design and I always love that jump when I trigger those swinging spike traps.
    Though, I'd hoped to complete the ceremony on the harpist. I see no way to open her coffin.
    I also ended up with what seemed like an extra third lever. I assume because of the non-linear design.
    I wonder, can the mage be interacting with beyond his escape?
    The falling floor grates were quite cool as well.

Thanks for the incredible experience!

This mission was great. Excellent lighting.

However, I feel incredible ripped-off by my purchase of the key from the store. I see this key, and I'm like, "Wow! This costs all that I have! It must unlock something really special! Perhaps an exclusive area with loot and goodies? An alternate route that bypasses a very tough patrol? Who knows!" You see, when you made it cost that much, you told the player that this was a huge investment, that they're going to give up all other options and take this one. And what does the player get? A key they didn't need, at all, and a lack of equipment they would have otherwise bought.

That being said, I still enjoyed this mission very much and the unique enemies were awesome!

@SuaveSteve Dunno, I got my money's worth out of that key. I've replayed this mission three times now and bought it each time. Sure, you can find it in the mission, but having it from the get-go makes navigation much easier.

Excellent mission! I enjoyed the complexity of the architecture and the multiple pathways through the keep. Would love to see those custom undead and apparitions in other missions.

That was fun... 3 hours well spent exploring, searching for more loot (3324/3451) and love the non linear map with multiple ways of getting to places. Excellent mission!

Is there a use for the third lever?
    Last edited by BlackJack16; 1st Jan 2019 at 01:50.

on 3294 loot so far and need the gem obj to be complete, good mission.

Very nice indeed. Great to see some more sliptip brush work. I think this qualifies as the best map of this type. Then brought to life with a great premise. 2 hours of great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJack16 View Post
    That was fun... 3 hours well spent exploring, searching for more loot (3324/3451) and love the non linear map with multiple ways of getting to places. Excellent mission!

Is there a use for the third lever?
    Nah, it's just an extra.

Just finished 2 hrs 19 minutes 2761 loot on expert. This was another fantastic mission. The ghostly / skeletal mages looked so amazing.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234