TTLG|Thief|Bioshock|System Shock|Deus Ex|Mobile
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: TDP20AC Mission The Scarlet Cascabel (11/30/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    For the chess pieces take a look around the great hall - large, beamed room to the west of the front desk on the main floor.

Not sure what you mean by x 3.. can you clarify?

For the 3 pieces of stone tablet, take a look around the fountain courtyard

And.. for our Dear Mister Jim Jim.. there may be more than one way to dispose of that. Read some of the staff's notes and journals in their living quarters/commons area.
    Oh, that are chess pieces. And I read about it here before. When english isn't your native language.

With the "x 3" I meant a fourth chess pieces. I thougt, when there are pieces with the numbers 1, 2 and 4, there also have to be one with the number 3.

Master Builder 2018
    Quote Originally Posted by xx Bla xx View Post
    Oh, that are chess pieces. And I read about it here before. When english isn't your native language.

With the "x 3" I meant a fourth chess pieces. I thougt, when there are pieces with the numbers 1, 2 and 4, there also have to be one with the number 3.
    After some time, we might post a list of where they can all be found. For now, I'll say that many you need a rope arrow to reach, but all are generally in plain sight

Loved testing this set of missions. Atmosphere is through the roof, not to mention the unique visuals and great use of lighting. It left me a bit exhausted the first time I played through it (and still can't get all the loot) but it never gets boring despite its length.

Stuck in the second mission, im inside the hotel, but i can't find a way upstairs, where are the keys to the closed doors?

Look up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMax View Post
    Look up.
    Thanks Max.

Im facing a crash, when using the grease can on the door how can i fix this?
    Last edited by Cardia; 9th Dec 2018 at 13:39.

Download the new version.

Quote Originally Posted by skacky View Post
    Download the new version.
    Thank you Skacky!

I'm playing Mission 2 right now. But I have a problem with... story. Basically I didn't understand main story of Mission 1. I'm not good with understanding what NPC is saying. So I hope that somebody explain me what happened:

1. Who is this Lash fellow? I understand that he want's to kill tavern owner, but I don't get it why. Also what is his activity.

2. Why exactly tavern owner gives me tunnel key? Is she some kind of smuggler? Is she working with other thieves like Lash?

3. What this hotel has anything with the story? I don't get it.

Also about Mission 2:

4. Who the hell is Nightingale? I don't remember his name appearing in Mission 1. The guy mentioned to stay in the hotel was Petra, isn't it. But somehow Garret knows this Nightingale and he knows that he stays at the hotel.

Master Builder 2018
    Hi there, no problem I'll explain these for you. Also, we ran out of time, but had wanted to include onscreen text for conversations to make this easier to understand.

1. Lash is a local moneylender who is greedy and wants to take over the town, but he isn't able to push the innkeeper/tavern owner Wend around so he's trying to get her out of his way
    2. Actually, the innkeeper gave Garrett a key to Lash's cellar. She doesn't actually give him a key to the tunnels, but it's on her desk in a moneybox. She runs a modest smuggling operation, yes.
    3. After the conversation with Wend in her office, she tells you that the item Garrett is after (a torc called the Scarlet Cascabel) is located up at the hotel. She knows this because a guy named Nightingale was bragging about going after it, and he is now staying at the hotel. Petra is only a side note, as he is her spice supplier, and also staying at the hotel.. kind of a hint for later, but not part of the main storyline.

Hope this helps!

Strange question, but has anyone else had trouble using some objects in mission 1? For example, in the fortune teller shop there's some books I can highlight but frobbing them doesn't do anything, or there's a scroll on the desk in the bookstore that's the same. I think I saw a plaque somewhere as well.

Master Builder 2018
    Yeah, sorry for that. We ran out of time at the end and those texts didn't get included. They were just there for flavor and atmosphere, though, there is nothing important to the mission that you are missing. We are planning to release an updated version after the contest with all these little things fixed.

In Mission 2:
    - can't find stone tablet piece 3/3 (have 1/3 & 2/3).
    - can't find key or way in to the private office in library or another one on a lower floor.
    - in crypts one of the large wall panels at north end in central tombs area makes solid noise when hit with BJ, the one at opposite end does not, does it open?

Master Builder 2018
    For the stone tablet 3/3 take a close look in room #15. Bigger hint.. look up.

On expert there is only one way into the proprietor's rooms. Get some fresh air out on the library balcony to the west . On normal and hard difficulty levels, the proprietor who has the first conversation in the lobby is also wearing a key. He is standing on the front porch.

Very observant about noticing that area in the crypts! That is not accessible yet. You may not want to read this until after you've been quite a bit deeper into the mission.. Super spoiler: It's accessible from the other side of the sealed winter wing, after some events take place.

Awesome set of missions, serious thanks to all involved in creating it.

One question, though - can I get specific suggestions on where to look for (from the perspective of the player, sitting at the table), the King, the left Bishop, and pawns 4th and 6th from the left?

I've found everything else, even getting on top of the Hotel and visiting the other side of the Valley.

Master Builder 2018
    Glad you're having fun with it

Hope I understand the ones you're missing:

King: as you were exiting the sealed winter wing, you passed through a crypt on the way out.. take a look in there.

Bishop 2: Main crypt area.. there's a plaque 'tears of remembrance water the flowers of eternity.

Pawn 5: take a look around the kitchens.

Pawn 3: Pool area

That was very interesting Fan Mission. I preferred second mission though. I even got bonus there. My only complaint is that many times I got lost. These missions would be better with map. I remember I had problems with finding hotel. After reading info I deduced it must be somewhere at the start. But in the city I got lost and accidentally found the real exit. I also got lost on floors of the mansion.

Quote Originally Posted by pukey brunster View Post
    Glad you're having fun with it

Hope I understand the ones you're missing:
    Thanks, I got both pawns and the king. But maybe it's the other bishop I need? I don't see anything around that plaque in the crypts and I vaguely recall maybe picking something up there in the past...

Edit: Nevermind, got it. Thanks!

Im playing on "normal" difficulty , i am suppose to get all chess pieces?

Yes.

Master Builder 2018
    Pedro, the chess pieces are a side quest, they are not required in order to finish the mission.

Quote Originally Posted by Tannar View Post
    Pedro, the chess pieces are a side quest, they are not required in order to finish the mission.
    Thank you Michael, in the meantime i have to say the more i progress with the game the more i love this mission, the surprises are endless...resuming game...

Master Builder 2018
    Glad you're enjoying it!

I'm actually glad I was missing the chess pieced myself. Now I know the degree of searching you have to do, I will use it as one of many reasons to replay. Each room will be searched top to bottom. I had 3 to go. I can't remember if "1 and "2" was orientated like left to right if you're the player missing pieces. But if so, I was missing bishop 1, king, and bishop 2. Or what is knight 2? Can't remember now.

Mission finished, 3 hours of gameplay!!! Overall i found this an excellent work, specially the second mission, the first mission is beautiful , and a very original natural village with an impressive and convincing surroundings, interesting color contrasts, nice ambient light, and the Moulin Wow so well built! apart some rooms that are narrow , with now windows and accessed by a ladder everything is perfect. Now the second mission is the real Masterpiece, everything is flawless, and the customization of the thief material is so well done, in a very professional and artistic way, it almost seems like new material , and Karen style is well visible in this mission , i see we have a new Lady Rowena, the second map is filled with so many new surprises, the architecture and the design of the hotel is magnificent, the garden/patio is so beautiful and relaxing, everything is well decorated, im surprised how you managed to have a lovely result using only thief 1 material , the ambient sounds are also well edited ans well the sfx sounds, i loved the dialogues between the personages, the readable are captivating. just found two bugs:

when dropping the rosary and the book in the second plate of the fountain i can no longer frob them, seem it seems like a clean bassin

also when stealing some objects that use reskinable textures:

https://postimg.cc/tZkYtWXh

Other than that this is a high quality production, thank you so much Karen and Michael for this sweet gift!!! My score is 10 out of 10

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast